Paging Creaky Fossil to the courtesy phone...

...or anybody else who knows how to tear down a KS seatpost. Sean (Creaky) mentioned he had done this and I was looking for suggestions on how to remove the seat clamp so I can replace the cartridge on a KS i950r (supernatural).

Anybody with first hand knowledge or know how to get in touch with Creaky? I think he may have moved to MD...

Seth

I did my LEV with mtbr instructions. But looks like this site has a teardown guide for yours.

http://www.watermanatwork.com/Land/C...jSeatpost.html

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

http://forums.mtbr.com/components/ks...ld-899659.html

This is the MTBR post my buddy Chris started. He's got info on all the KS posts. If you're not getting what you need out of his thread, just message him. He'll get back to you right away. He does service posts for people occasionally, but he'd just as soon talk you through doing it yourself.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just fyi the instructions are good but it doesn't show what to do when the oil and air change positions in the IFP. So i gave up and sent mine in for service

Thanks Jim, just sent him a PM on MTBR.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Got it taken apart except for the pin spanner. Hoping to find one locally. Anybody know if a box store that might carry one?

I got a Park Tool that worked perfectly. SPA-2. The Red one. Got it at Performance for like $7

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'll try the LBS and go with Amazon as a backup.

Creaky was banned a while ago.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I thought Johnny Snow was Creaky? Or is it Damien Sanders? They aren’t all the same person?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wondering what happened. Last chat I had w him was good. Thought he chilled. In MD might explain it. Stuck near hunter Mt

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In MD might explain it. Stuck near hunter Mt
    Someone tell stuckathuntermtn that his former TGR nemesis is now stuck near hunter mtn.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I was wondering what his next username would be. Thanks for clearing it up!

Why did he move to MD?

He got in touch and gave me some info on the dropper. It was good to hear from him. I agree - I really started to like Creaky, but there aren't many that I don't.

I didn't ask about a new username, so I'm not sure. I wouldn't think that it's Jonny Snow, though. I don't think Creaky ever hated 29ers.

My SPA-2 should be here tomorrow from Amazon. Nothing local before next week. Thanks all, for the help. I'm thinking it will be pretty straight forward at this point.

Seth

Jonny Snow = Damien Sanders = highway star. Not creaky.

yes he couldn't help himself making the anti wagon wheel comments ... they were classic DS
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    He got in touch and gave me some info on the dropper. It was good to hear from him. I agree - I really started to like Creaky, but there aren't many that I don't.

I didn't ask about a new username, so I'm not sure. I wouldn't think that it's Jonny Snow, though. I don't think Creaky ever hated 29ers.

My SPA-2 should be here tomorrow from Amazon. Nothing local before next week. Thanks all, for the help. I'm thinking it will be pretty straight forward at this point.

Seth
    One of the bigger hassles I had was doing the ball inflater valve wrapped in electrical tape thing and reinflating the cartridge to the right pressure. Use lots of light and definitely get someone to help with that as the valve is hard to find on the cartridge head. It's all in the instructions of course but that never captures the sheer fussiness.

Like I said I was defeated by the fact that some oil had migrated between the dividing valves in the KS IFP which I can't solve without taking apart the entire IFP. I wasn't confident that would go well so that's my roadblock. Good luck! It's fun taking things apart

In my case, because I'm replacing the cartridge, I shouldn't need to do there inflater valve wrapped in electrical tape thing. Although they updated later to say that shift cable housing also works.

The other thing I found was that my bike stand was a great rubberized clamp that holds that seatpost perfectly.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Why did he move to MD?
    I thought he got in a fight with the cops and had to leave town.

Correct me if I'm wrong, creaky.

He was taking about moving to MD last year, but don't think he's gone yet.

Any idea whether I can wash the outer shaft? Looks really dirty in there and if rather put it back together clean...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1527216114552.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	368.1 KB 
ID:	236950

Nevermind. Wife's toothbrush fits.

I was going to suggest you try an XS Ribbed Condom.
    Either way, you've let down your wife.

Finally heard back from Chris, btw. He couldn't figure out who his buddy "Jim" from TGR was. Took a while for me to realize that I was reading your name wrong. You aren't Jim2e, you're Jm2e. He finally figured it out in the end.

Seth