DT hubs end caps knockoffs

I have DT240S hubs 20mm x100mm front and 12 x 135mm rear. I know these can be converted to 15mm x100 and 12x142mm rear which is what I want.

The end caps are pricey for machined alloy. Are there knock-off alternatives for DT hubs? Searched but could not find. It seemed to me that if there were knockoffs for the 54 POE rear hub bodies then there would be for end caps

not that I have seen,

maybe ask LBS if they have extras from another conversion? (worked for me)

Shop around, they can be found for $9.99/set.

Washers and superglue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I'll look more! Thanks! So far just looked at Pinkbike and ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Washers and superglue?
    That's ok for 142 to 148 or 157 but can't really shrink diameter of old front hub or expand diameter of rear axle of rear hub

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    uh, where? I've looked around extensively in the past and never saw them for anywhere close to that

also wondering where?

I looked, too. Just had to order some off ebay. Local shop had a box of DT Swiss parts but not what I needed. Also built up a wheel with the wrong driver (XD instead of shimano style, even though all the parts on the bike are Sram--their lower end stuff doesnt use XD I guess), so this wheel just keeps costing me money. But at least my son and I got to build a wheel together...

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    I looked, too. Just had to order some off ebay. Local shop had a box of DT Swiss parts but not what I needed. Also built up a wheel with the wrong driver (XD instead of shimano style, even though all the parts on the bike are Sram--their lower end stuff doesnt use XD I guess), so this wheel just keeps costing me money. But at least my son and I got to build a wheel together...
    It's probably late for anyone here but I have this for free to a good home

Chris King hub - 20mm front hub - 100mm axle

DT 240s end caps - for 135x 10 rear hub

DT 240s end caps - 20mm front hub - 100mm axle

I'll need

DT 240S end caps - for 15mm front hub - 100m axle
    DT 240S end caps - for 12x142 rear hub -
    DT 240S probably a 142mm long axle too but I have to check and if I do need to do that then someone can have my 135mm DT rear axle

If I find a cheap set somewhere I'll let people know the source. Not in a terrible hurry to do this as these will be very nice spare wheels (rebuilding an old 26" wheelset into a new 27.5" deep dish carbon wheelset re-using the very nice bling DT spokes which are still prime) so don't anyone wait on me

I've got a bunch of that stuff laying around somewhere. let me look tonight.

edit: just looked at your needs, pretty sure that's what I've got in use, not available. I'll check anyway.

I don't remember the kits being much more than 20-25 freedom bucks.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Shoulda bought a new cassette instead. Those NX PG-1130 cassettes are tanks.

Also built up a wheel with the wrong driver (XD instead of shimano style, even though all the parts on the bike are Sram--their lower end stuff doesnt use XD I guess), so this wheel just keeps costing me money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Shoulda bought a new cassette instead. Those NX PG-1130 cassettes are tanks.
    NX PG-1130 = 540 grams
    The next model up (XG-1150) has uses an XD driver.
    XG-1150 = 395 grams
    XG-1150 can be had for $100. You're almost 1/2 way to buying a new DT Swiss Shimano freehub.

IF i were you I'd keep the XD driver on your wheels, and buy a XG 1150 Cassette and sell the 1130 Cassette. It could would be close to an even wash.

Yeah—I considered thise options. Think I’ll just sell the xd driver and end cap to cover some of the losses...

looking for QR ends, for DT350 front hub (have 10mm thru on now)

can anyone help?

bump:: help avail?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    bump:: help avail?
    I went from QR to 15mm on some 350s a few years ago.
    I’m away from home for another few weeks. When I’m home I’ll look in my tackle box to see if I still have them. I remember looking for someone else a 2 years ago, but I can’t remember if they worked for him and if I gave them away.