Thread: Fishing lodges

Fishing lodges

My Old Man finally retired and is looking to celebrate with a father-son trip to a fishing lodge somewhere cool. He has been looking at spots up in canada and AK, the kind where they fly you in and have nice meal plans, so price isn't too much of an issue.

just running through the google machine ive found a bunch of spots but i would love to hear from folks on here about their experiences, or suggestions. Wants/needs/parameters as follows:

4 day trip this later summer-fall (turn it into a 4-day weekend)
    very limited experience with fly-fishing (i know, i know)
    Both of us are solid blue square fisherman, know the basics, but some hand holding will be needed
    Would prefer more luxury than hard-core bush (luxury in the bush preferred)
    Would like the camp/lodge to be remote and somewhere within a fairly easy days travel of Seattle (all flights/driving included)
    Booze allowed, or provided is a must. Not heavy drinkers by any means, but cocktail hour after a full day is non-negotiable
    We will need all equipment provided
    Would really prefer freshwater over ocean fishing

I would appreciate any and all ideas you fine folks have. Thanks!

are you talking about a 4 day weekend including travel from where ever you live?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    are you talking about a 4 day weekend including travel from where ever you live?
    Yes, preferably.

I live in Seattle though, so its pretty easy for me to take a half day on a wednesday and be in Vancouver for a puddlejumper flight by 4pm or 5pm for example. But yeah, i realize that is cutting it tight and disqualifies me from certain ops.

My MIL went to a cool lodge on Vancouver Island, I'll see which one, since there's only 30 or so, which you should by all means, look into. Mostly they're saltwater, but hit the river mouths as well. For freshwater, I talked to these guys at a show, and they run a pretty cool, easy to get to operation. I fly fish, and have no idea if they let you throw gatling hooks through chinook redds. http://pittriverlodge.com/index.html
    Last edited by plugboots; 05-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yes, preferably.

I live in Seattle though, so its pretty easy for me to take a half day on a wednesday and be in Vancouver for a puddlejumper flight by 4pm or 5pm for example. But yeah, i realize that is cutting it tight and disqualifies me from certain ops.
    I would rule out any fly in lodge in AK. Your time schedule is too tight. In AK I would recommend road accessible lodges such as the Kenai river or Mat Su valley. More options with flights to Anchorage. I think there are some really nice lodges in South East AK but I would avoid anything requiring a plane to get to. Also they may be more salt water orientated. Places on Vancouver Island would probably better suit your timeframe.
    off your knees Louie

I'd recommend not doing the lodge thing on that tight of a timeline. But you could fly up here and fish for 4 days. Three questions: what do you want to catch? when could you travel? how much can you spend?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

I had a fun trip with Kenai Riverbend Resort
    http://www.kenairiverbend.com/
    This summer my son is guiding at a super-fancy fly in, so i'm going there despite the outrageous cost. I'm confident its full for 2018, though.
    https://www.wildernessplacelodge.com/