Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Ignition switch
    You're welcome
    Yep.

Post a picture of Mom's huge key chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Are you using mopar replacement sensors ? I would only recommend using factory replacement for electronics. I went through like 4 TPS sensors from autozone and they all sucked. 1 from mopar did the job.

ECM ?

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...oblems-311804/
    You know not to wash the engine without covering the TPS well, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You know not to wash the engine without covering the TPS well, yes?
    I am aware of that. The issue was a TB swap to a bored out performance TB. Switched to a new sensor since i was getting a surge. Went with the cheap ones and paid for it.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yep.

Post a picture of Mom's huge key chain.
    Hahaha. Zactly

Why does your Mom need solid axles?
    This is what I was wondering.

Post pic of mom's axles....

I've got a lpDana60/14 bolt combo she can swap in for true grocery store parking cred

It has an OBDII plug, have you had a mechanic or plugged into that and record sensors and voltages while driving it? No code but if it is happening as often as you say, should be able to narrow computer or a few other items. Smartphone even w Torque app and a $10 bluetooth OBDII to record a few things and graph a few things mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I've got a lpDana60/14 bolt combo she can swap in for true grocery store parking cred
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

FYI.

Made an appointment with Folbecks.
    thanks for that.

also, you can shove the key in take it out regardless of position. - Could be???
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

also, you can shove the key in take it out regardless of position. - Could be???
    You think?

It's really dangerous too.

If key comes out when she's driving steering locks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Battery strong? Weak batteries can do weird stuff.
    !st reply

You think?

It's really dangerous too.

If key comes out when she's driving steering locks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nah, key came out on my old ford steering didn't lock. It was handy to puff in winter but I replaced it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Nah, key came out on my old ford steering didn't lock. It was handy to puff in winter but I replaced it anyway.
    I don't think it'll ever lock with the trans engaged.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

FYI.

Made an appointment with Folbecks.
    thanks for that.

I'll bet tuco got your answer.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

/thread
    X2!! Was gonna offer up some 44s but grab those 60s.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Didnt read all of this, but just wanted to mention I had a car that would cut out on me once. Finally traced the problem back to a faulty gas cap. The cap’s vent was plugged, so a vacuum was formed in the gas tank and the fuel pump would stop working. Doesnt sound like the exact same symptoms in all respects as the OP, but close enough to think about.

But, electrical seems more likely. My vote would be on the lock switch, but it could be anywhere along the ignition electrical path.

I think she has started using just the ignition key. But I have not talked to her about it the past couple days.

she lives next door so I can hear the jeep when she comes and goes.

Yesterday, I heard it start, idle for a couple minuets, back out and head down the driveway and then accelerate up the road. Smooth the whole way, not a sputter or miss. If only?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Update, talked to mom, yesterday she went to sparks, picked up a friend, drove up to Tahoe. She drove almost 200 miles yesterday "typical for her"
    she is just using ignition key/
    She said the car did not cut or sputter a single time yesterday.
    Then I stood there and watched her start her Jeep, and drive away. no issue.!!
    This past month it would stall at least one time before she got out of the driveway.

go figure. = I am encouraged. she could not really afford to get into a car payment.
    If I were to lose my job she would be screwed.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Damn, your mom is also your neighbor? That explains so much.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Damn, your mom is also your neighbor? That explains so much.
    Yes, my mom is 76 years old. and I live next door. there is a reason for this.
    Maybe this could explain things. I make a nice living and could live lots of places. but family is important.

a few years ago I got into some legal trouble lost my job. mom went to work at Walmart!! and helped me buy food pay bills. - it almost killed her./ Now I supplement her life. I am so happy to do it.

so when it comes to transportation , home issues, exacta, much better to make it right for mom than not?

Family is everything. My mom is happy and 76 years old. how may years do I have left with her? You ever think about crap like that?

FYI she really likes that jeep. she takes it into the Bonnies on a regular basis. Like No shit 4WD places.

I could see an improvement in her attitude today because the dam thing ran perfectly for an entire day. confidence is everything
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

My parents are in their 70s and live closer to you than me. We're very close all the other ways.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

What about my other questions? Electrical etc. Things that are not related to sensors generally do not throw codes.
    Yep, that era of GC was notorious for electrical problems (curiously, less so with the non-Grand). Chasing that kind of stuff can be a serious bitch.

To be clear: yes, stuff not related to sensors normally does not cause code (it is the sensors which generate codes, after all, though mechanical/electrical stuff can certainly cause sensors to trip a code), and sensors gone bad normally do throw codes. But be very aware that: codes precipitated by failed sensors are often deceptive, naming a sensor which may be just fine, while the fault is caused by a different sensor. It is worth understanding how all the sensors work and interact (it's not super complicated) - this will help decrease the number of perfectly good sensors you wind up replacing, and maybe shortcut your troubleshooting.

Yes, there are a ton of electronic controls on cars these days. Which can be frustrating. But the advances are worth it. Breath the air whilst driving behind a 70's, carbureted car some time, and think what it'd be like if all cars these days belched that much poison. Or try driving a carbureted car from sea level (and tuned for sea level) up to 10,000'+ and see if you can actually make it up a steep hill.

Minor update, she just got through another day driving all over Reno and back home to Verdi.

Jeep did not cut out or stall all day.

Nothing on the ignition key. Looks like tuco nailed it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yes, my mom is 76 years old. and I live next door. there is a reason for this.
    Maybe this could explain things. I make a nice living and could live lots of places. but family is important.

a few years ago I got into some legal trouble lost my job. mom went to work at Walmart!! and helped me buy food pay bills. - it almost killed her./ Now I supplement her life. I am so happy to do it.

so when it comes to transportation , home issues, exacta, much better to make it right for mom than not?

Family is everything. My mom is happy and 76 years old. how may years do I have left with her? You ever think about crap like that?

FYI she really likes that jeep. she takes it into the Bonnies on a regular basis. Like No shit 4WD places.

I could see an improvement in her attitude today because the dam thing ran perfectly for an entire day. confidence is everything
    Good for you for being a good son. Now go replace the ignition switch so she doesn't get stranded somewhere.