Rollka Grass Skis

I know I break every rule by posting this heavenly set of Rollka’s on the forum while still at auction, but these beauties deserve every bid they can get.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222973855634

Welcome the future of the past of off-road roller skiing. My fiancée is begging me to get them. Up bid to save me. Seriously. We dont have enough room for the gear we have.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    I know I break every rule by posting this heavenly set of Rollka’s on the forum while still at auction, but these beauties deserve every bid they can get.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222973855634

Welcome the future of the past of off-road roller skiing. My fiancée is begging me to get them. Up bid to save me. Seriously. We dont have enough room for the gear we have.
    That woman is trying to kill you. Marry her and enjoy your glorious, young demise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5241.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	236206

I haven’t had the place to try them, nor enough juevos.

^^^ Yup, epic tr!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I still have the scars on my knees from trying grass skiing back in 1981.. More like rocks and dirt skiing where I tried it though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Fuck Yeah is right! I always loved the idea of turf skiing so nearly four decades ago I gave it a shot, once. Extremely painful experience. Never again, still love the idea

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Rollka Grass Skis

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUOnXXh1ECw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^Jeebus kriste, unless the bald guy gave up grass skiing after this vid, he obviously died later in a grass skiing accident.

that save at 1:33 was amazing.

Damnit! I bid on those and lost.

Probably saved my life.

Hey Shred and dgams....you in for a lap if I can find some?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Probably saved my life.

Switch down the pipeline cut, dood.

I have a set. In SLC. I'll meet any of you fools at Flat Iron Mesa Park for shennagians. Cheers CAT

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

For somebody interested in doing this for fun, sharing with friends, etc. what model? https://www.grasski.net/en/store

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Probably saved my life.

Ummm, how could I say no to that? With a penchant for bad choices on skis, this looks like the perfect way to continue injuring myself in the off season. I’m in.

Wow. No helmets or pads in that vid. Hard-guys/idiots - I'd be armored up like I was in a WC DH mtb race.

Always wanted to try those when I was a kid. Fortunately, too old for that shit now.

It looks like Marin headlands area. I think that was filmed back in the day when sex was safe and skiing was dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    I have a set. In SLC. I'll meet any of you fools at Flat Iron Mesa Park for shennagians. Cheers CAT

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm pretty sure you and detrusor can find a hill at work ...

I'll meet you there.

Learned my lesson the "hard" way back in '78-'79 ish as a kid in late Oct. Ground was frozen like a brick. Got off the lift, managed a u-turn and held on for life. Took a tumble or 3. No such things as helmets back then. I think I took maybe 3 runs. The end.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Learned my lesson the "hard" way back in '78-'79 ish as a kid in late Oct. Ground was frozen like a brick. Got off the lift, managed a u-turn and held on for life. Took a tumble or 3. No such things as helmets back then. I think I took maybe 3 runs. The end.
    Testify! I think part of the problems I had were the condition of the terrain.. The videos I've seen of people rocking grass skis well look like they are riding down a really well maintained golf course fairway. The ski hill I tried them at was pretty horrible rocks and dirt, stumps, with patches of un mowed grass here and there.

Now that I think of it, it was at "Vernon Valley/Great Gorge" which years later opened the infamous "Action Park", one of the most dangerous places to have "fun".... coincidence?

Here's the ticket...

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

^^^ I inline speed-skate and there is a guy here locally who has an electric version of that pusher that he uses with inlines [not off-road though]. He's had several iterations over the past 5+ years. IIRC, the current version is an 8K Watt battery pack, and will drive him upwards of 40MPH. I hear the torque is pretty insane too. Saw and chatted with him a few weeks ago.

I've never asked to try it, though I've thought about it.
    I'm just crazy on skis. I lose skin more than fast enough when I fall with just regular human power.

Anyone else Rollka-ing these days? Just scored a pair that were in storage for 30 years from a buddy. Survived my first trial run down the 3 vertical feet of a 15 foot long, 5 percent pitch in the back yard. First impression: "hmmmmm; not enough sidecut." Gonna step it up to longer, steeper grass in the next few days; maybe it's a matter of 'momentum is your friend' to get some better carving feelz. Thus far, gravel skiing seems 'safer' and the sensation is more akin to 'real' skiing...we'll see if the initial impressions hold as the grass runs amass....

Name:  vlcsnap-2019-06-30-16h47m31s284.png
Views: 1862
Size:  486.3 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2019-06-30-16h46m37s951.png
Views: 1730
Size:  543.4 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Tried it decades ago. Hurts too much to fall on dirt and grass at that speed. I'll stick to ice skating, surfing, and skateboarding when not on nice soft and slick snow.