Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423

    Dog friendly UT camping

    Anyone got any favorite spots? We just got a puppy so our normal national park / cottonwoods stuff is gonna be less frequent at least while she's young. She also can't do anything too big, so looking for nice lampin spots for the summer, either flat trails or shorter (1k' vert) stuff we can take her on, or just cool spots to camp.

    Anyone willing to divulge any secret favorite spots?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Anyone got any favorite spots? We just got a puppy so our normal national park / cottonwoods stuff is gonna be less frequent at least while she's young. She also can't do anything too big, so looking for nice lampin spots for the summer, either flat trails or shorter (1k' vert) stuff we can take her on, or just cool spots to camp.

    Anyone willing to divulge any secret favorite spots?
    It's not exactly a secret, so I will throw Dog Lake or any number of places up in the Uintas out there for you.

    My experience was that taking the dog to the desert presented problems.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,886
    All Utah state parks are dog friendly to the extent rules keep them on a leash but leashed doggos have been the minority in my experience. Your pooch can run amongst the goblins in valley of the same. Jordanelle or Deer Creek or East Canyon for a swim go for it. Oh and even though the National Parks are anti doggo, any other National Monument, Forest or BLM land is dog friendly. Can't swing a cat in Utah and not hit some land you can take your doggos.... except the cottonwoods.

    Get it while you can before the Utarded Pols snatch it from We the People and sell it off to their developer, miner, ward member buddies. But that angle has the stink of polyass all over it so we shall leave it be

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,886
    Glamping means different things to different people. For me it means there is already some type of pre-established shitter.

    Secret favorite spots for camping that meet that requirement...

    Simpson Springs
    Millsite Reservoir
    Calf Creek Falls

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Glamping means different things to different people. For me it means there is already some type of pre-established shitter.

    Secret favorite spots for camping that meet that requirement...

    Simpson Springs
    Millsite Reservoir
    Calf Creek Falls
    same criteria here thanks for the suggestions!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    40°39'32.94"N 111°35'45.68"W
    Posts
    681
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7635.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	236170

    Buddy is a big fan of the Uintahs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,202
    xWhatever on the Uintas. BLM land is also ideal. Lots of leash laws around UT, but a well-behaved dog and some common sense goes a long way.

    We should probably get the pups together and discuss this over beers at some point.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We should probably get the pups together and discuss this over beers at some point.
    yeah we definitely should do this

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6

    Smile

    Need to know this too. Thanx for suggestions all!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2

    Keep on eye.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,886
    The bots are becoming selfaware
    Bunny Don't Surf

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    11

    Dog friendly UT camping

    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    same criteria here thanks for the suggestions!!
    Okay, these places are good to know... thx TheFugitive!
    Last edited by mrswhyturn; 10-17-2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: (Totally meant to reply to TheFugitive)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,730
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    Okay, these places are good to know... thx TheFugitive!
    How did the m series slip through the matrix?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,230

    Dog friendly UT camping

    ^^^^^^^
    Because she is my wife and she made you two free beanies


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,230
    So I like the wilderness park area by mutton hollow and 89 in kaysville. Great fire road trails with campsites off trail and nice views.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    Okay, these places are good to know... thx TheFugitive!
    No prob Mrs Whyturn. Im going to bring Mrs TheFugitive up to powmow this season we will have to ski you around.
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Because she is my wife and she made you two free beanies


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Free beanies what?
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So I like the wilderness park area by mutton hollow and 89 in kaysville. Great fire road trails with campsites off trail and nice views.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ive been riding bikes with my pooches at Alpine Lambert Park. Also Yellow Jacket Fork in Harryman. Camped up in the goose creek mountains with doggos off leash on unimproved blm cites. They had a good time
    Bunny Don't Surf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •