Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Hotel California is now a swank new asset on the So Cal scene.

    Last edited by willywhit; 05-15-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    HATE the Eagles
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    385
    I have mucho experience in beer, speak decent spanish
    Decent? You got the adverbs or adjectives or whatever, down 100%. And if you really have experience with beer, that would be a gamechanger round these parts, so hard to find...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    Decent? You got the adverbs or adjectives or whatever, down 100%. And if you really have experience with beer, that would be a gamechanger round these parts, so hard to find...
    he's got a horchata porter and a new mango beer, among a slew of others. is the 12 oz bottle a mexican thing ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    I'm hearing Baja is too dangerous, don't go there
    I'm not so sure
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...v21-story.html
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,834
    Lots of ex-pat retirees in Ensenada. Google retirement in Ensenada for tips.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Lots of ex-pat retirees in Ensenada. Google retirement in Ensenada for tips.
    Thanks. I've been looking into the long term process of immigration and buying a house. The more I dig, I find gems like this winery.
    https://www.roganto.com/
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,885
    100s of good wineries near Ensenada. If you're not a MX citizen you can't own the land your house is on, so the govt can just take it if they choose to. Get citizenship first, then buy.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,194
    Mision Todos Santos (just N. of San Miguel) has some sweet casas, and they're not too pricey. https://www.point2homes.com/MX/Home-.../52060246.html

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Mision Todos Santos (just N. of San Miguel) has some sweet casas, and they're not too pricey. https://www.point2homes.com/MX/Home-.../52060246.html
    Thanks, Tipp.
    Dollar for Peso, Mexico seems like a better deal than we got in Brasil 10+ years ago. A gated community close to the ocean for under $300K ? sign me up. One said $135 a month for all the amenities, not bad. Looking a 3 BR 3 BA with a play room for the pool table, wet bar and stripper pole. The more I dig in, the more this sounds like a plan.
    Odelay !
    VIVA MÉXICO !!!
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    100s of good wineries near Ensenada. If you're not a MX citizen you can't own the land your house is on, so the govt can just take it if they choose to. Get citizenship first, then buy.
    I seem to recall a story on here where someone’s family friend had a house taken by a local drug lord. Guy just showed up with some thugs and said this is mine now. No idea where in Mexico. Does that really happen?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I seem to recall a story on here where someone’s family friend had a house taken by a local drug lord. Guy just showed up with some thugs and said this is mine now. No idea where in Mexico. Does that really happen?
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drug-money/

    maybe the other way around
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I seem to recall a story on here where someone’s family friend had a house taken by a local drug lord. Guy just showed up with some thugs and said this is mine now. No idea where in Mexico. Does that really happen?
    If you only own the house you live in, but not the land it is sitting on this could always happen, legally or otherwise I'd think. Girlfriend's parents are expats down in Todos Santos and got their citizenship ASAP to avoid any issues. Her family has lived pt/ft in that area since the 70s.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    If you only own the house you live in, but not the land it is sitting on this could always happen, legally or otherwise I'd think. Girlfriend's parents are expats down in Todos Santos and got their citizenship ASAP to avoid any issues. Her family has lived pt/ft in that area since the 70s.
    I've been through it , getting my ex wife naturalized from Brasil. Mexico looks a bit easier

    https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/how...ship-in-mexico

    dual citizenship, owning a house, etc

    seems like the way to go( after 5 years of permanent residence)
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,318
    Fresh produce is without a doubt one of the biggest areas of savings, living in Mexico versus the US or Canada.
    It's also one the many things we love about living in Mexico!
    fresh fish, so cheap !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •