Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    The only van anyone should own.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Name:  van_mark_ball.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  191.4 KB
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Rev, yeah buddy...keep fucking those sheep! 10-4 on the #vanloser. Really it is just some type of pussification of the activities I have enjoyed my whole life. It's just a mind fuck. The upside is that generally they are crowding the internet and the parking lot but not much else.

I went down and camped at Pumphouse Friday night. The place was busy (over half full in early may) yet there were about zero tents set up, no campfires, no bb guns, no slingshots, no target practice, no white gas bombs, no people actually kayaking, no body running Gore, nobody hitching shuttles, no rednecks in wranglers, no dirty kids.

What there was plenty of were shiny vans and RVs, mini dogs on leashes, fancy toyotas, people paying for shuttles, bears tearing into people shit, etc.

Hear are some of the questions I was asked, "Do you know the wifi password?", "do you get any service?", "why isn't the water turned on?", "do you know what the weather is gonna be?", "where is the closest place to get ice?"

Honestly, give these people a hotspot, a dirty parking lot and I prestaged picture location for their instagram, and we would probably never see them again. I try not to stereotype and I live in my own hick bubble but it really is like there are people under 35 with $100K burning a hole in their pocket and they wake up one day and decide, "hey...lets get mountain-y!"

Summit, pro-tip: If you know exactly what you are looking for (you do) and exactly what you are willing to pay, talk to an auto broker. High Country Motors in Grand is good. You gotta act Granby else you will get the cold shoulder. For vans generally, go on Boise Craigslist and search on "Champion". They are a huge van dealer. An electrician friend of mine has purchased over 10 vehicles from them.

Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for a Chevy/GMC AWD with a high top. If it is from a no rust state, don't be afraid of these rigs with higher miles. I believe they were last made in 2013. The mountain contractors are in a race to purchase all the good ones so they are getting bid up and now is the time.

Summit is no real "vanlifer"! he hasn't asked asked us for 37$ to crowdfund his journey of self exploration yet......
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I've done this maybe ten times with my chalupa connection for the french interns that used to work in the factory. Never had an issue. But we were good friends and their shop was next door.
    Speaking of this, I found a spare ignition key to the ghetto glider while cleaning out a drawer last week. Want me to send it to you?