Looking for ski partner - Mt Hood/Wyeast Face, Mt Adams - 5/20-5/25

If weather lines up, I'd like to ski the Wyeast Face on Hood or the SW Chutes on Mt Adams next week. Looks like it has been pretty warm, but the long-term forecast is calling for freezing levels to start dropping slightly throughout this week. I'm flying solo on this at the moment, so it'd be great to pick up a partner. Give me a shout if you are interested and we can discuss more details!

Looks like Adams will get 2+ ft of snow this week.
    Hood less but still precipitation.

Do you know what the access on Adams is now?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Road Conditions

Vehicles are making it up Forest Road 8040 to the Croften Ridge East Trailhead where there is limited parking. Snow is melting quickly and the road as far as Morrison Creek Campground should be accessible by the end of the week.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/giffo...telprdb5435984

It's getting closer. Should be passable by next week but just barely. The forecast would indicate that the road may not be open to Morrison Creek but currently the prediction is for it to open. As for conditions, with the predicted snow and warmer daytime temps, I would think it's suspect for avalanches plus the weather could really suck for a climb. Wet and somewhat miserable. Personally, I think it's still a bit early for Adams but that's just me. When I did it in July a few years ago, I swore to my wife I wouldn't go if there was a cloud within 300 miles.

Guy on cascade climbers skied Adams on May 1, said he parked his car at snowline around 4300’, started skinning at Gotchen Creek. Depending on what this weather system brings, it could be a manageable approach now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just skied Adams on Sunday (5/13). Drivable past Morrison Creek to about 2.5 miles from the Cold Springs Campground/S climb trailhead. About 1000' extra vert to get there. Patchy snow on the road...skis on/skis off. Cold Springs is still under a few feet of snow (picnic tables still buried, etc.). Enjoyed perfect corn in the SW Chutes around 11:30am. A bit sloppy on the traverse out but not bad. Saw roughly 30 people up there. Maybe 50% on skis.

Did you do this in one day?
    And how long?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Yup, one day. Started skinning at 5am. Back to the truck at about 2:30pm. Waited on top for about :45 for things to soften up. Was about 12miles and 7500' ascent in all. A lot of people choose to camp somewhere along the way but that doesn't save you a whole lot of energy when doing the SW Chutes as the traverse back comes in not too far above the S Climb Trailhead. ...or skip the traversing and keep skiing then use GPS/Gaia Maps to find the Round The Mountain Trail and skin a couple miles back to the S Climb Route. Makes for an even longer day but can be worth it.

Skiing the standard S ascent route is a pretty great ski too, and much less effort, but the SW Chutes are a classic and IMO very much worth the extra effort to egress