Name:  st0069_quart_a_1.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  28.3 KBName:  glitter-shaker.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  38.2 KB

Why gold?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Why gold?
    Same reason gold spray paint is the best for huffing. Duh.

Name:  3r9t8k.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  22.7 KB

I tried the new Slime sealant last summer and it was a disaster. The liquid part seems to be high quality, but the sealing particles had all congealed into pea- to dime-sized clumps. I had ordered it through Niagara, and they gave me a no-return full refund, so I strained it and used the liquid with glitter. It stayed pretty moist.

No love for Trucker Co?

I just put the Finish Line stuff in on Thursday night(27b DHF 2.5 WT exo and Aggressor 2.3 exo). No issues smashing rocks in Moab/GJ/Koko. I don’t punch a lot of holes in tires, I’m more concerned with lifespan. We’ll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    I'm curious if any sealant might be a more viscous solution than Stans. My High Roller 2 EXO rear just weeps sealant constantly out the sidewalls. If I wipe them clean I comeback the next day to a bunch of little bubbles on the outside of the casing. My DHR2 EXO in front has never had this issue.
    Get the Maxxis "tubeless ready" tires. My go-to is the 3C EXO TR.

2nd, or 3rd on plugs. I carry a variety of widths, have stacked up to three at a time and have it hold. A small hole is a really quick and easy fix. Generally last the life of the tire for me. Also carrying a heavy duty curved needle and some strong nylon thread. A quick stitch or two takes care of larger tears on the trail.

My homebrew is still serving me well after eight years of tweaking:

1 part Marine/RV water system antifreeze
    2 parts latex mold builder
    3 parts water
    Glitter to taste
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

My leaky tire is TR. Maybe just defective.

^^^I have the same issue with my last few maxxis ardent tr exo I have ran...I think maxxis changed something or I don't were out tread as fast as I used to and the sidewalls have more time to weep.

2018 Modern Day Sealants - Where Are We?

They weeping sealant or clear stuff that smells like dogshit? I have some Maxxis that weep the clear funk, and others that are fine. Not sure why some and not others.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    They weeping sealant or clear stuff that smells like dogshit? I have some Maxxis that weep the clear funk, and others that are fine. Not sure why some and not others.
    Didn't smell it but looks like slightly used motor oil. I hang my bikes above my truck in the garage and it dripped on the hood and while driving would get blown onto the wind shield. At first I thought I had blown the truck engine or had a major oil leak and spent some time looking over the engine for leaks...now toss an old blanket on the hood.

Haha, sealant Get with the times.
    https://mashable.com/2018/05/15/new-...d#N4wBxcJ6TiqU
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71Q9+VSDWrL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	236073

Gold???? Bwhahahahahahahahahhah
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Wonder what the weight is like. Seems awesome for commuter and townie purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I tried the new Slime sealant last summer and it was a disaster. The liquid part seems to be high quality, but the sealing particles had all congealed into pea- to dime-sized clumps. I had ordered it through Niagara, and they gave me a no-return full refund, so I strained it and used the liquid with glitter. It stayed pretty moist.

No love for Trucker Co?
    I just didn't have much luck getting tires to seal up with that stuff. I still have 2 big bottles that they sent to me though so I'll try straining some and using different particle material and see what happens.

Have you tried the Trucker Co stuff? I haven't had a chance to but I know one of the guys there and he keeps talking it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I just put the Finish Line stuff in on Thursday night(27b DHF 2.5 WT exo and Aggressor 2.3 exo). No issues smashing rocks in Moab/GJ/Koko. I don’t punch a lot of holes in tires, I’m more concerned with lifespan. We’ll see how it goes.
    I'm really curious to hear your next review.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Have you tried the Trucker Co stuff? I haven't had a chance to but I know one of the guys there and he keeps talking it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    Not yet. It was that or the Slime last season and I went with the Slime. I was going to try the TruckerCo this year but then lucked into a free quart of Stans.

Trucker Co fan here, although I usually mix in about 25% Slime ATV tire sealant and a dash of ammonia. I used to do the homebrew thing but it was a PITA to get down to the Michaels in Santa Fe and find the mold builder. TruckerCo is cheap in volume thru Amazon, and my time for things like homebrewing is more constrained now. It may not last quite as long as Orange Seal, etc. but it's on the same general time scale, and half the price.

I haven't flatted in forever (knock on wood), so can't speak to plugging ability. But in terms of amount of stanimals left inside the tire carcass: E13 >> Orange Seal >> Stans. Stans always made giant nasty dog toys inside my tires. Orange Seal didn't do that, but did tend to leave a deposit over time. E13 so far isn't leaving anything after a few months. I just swapped off a pair of tires I mounted a couple months ago, where I used the last of my Orange Seal Endurance in 1 tire, and started a fresh bottle of E13 in the other, and the difference was significant. The OS one has a thin film all the way around and a bit of a puddle in 1 spot, the E13 one I was able to wipe essentially clean with a shop towel.

I wonder if that says anything about the clot-ability of the E13 sealant. Time will tell.

In comparison, when I was using CaffeLatex it would create a membrane covering the entire tire and rim. Almost like a tube blown into it. Fucking pain in the ass to clean off the rim if you needed to re-tape it, but easy enough to scrape off if you needed to patch a tire. I always wondered if that full coverage saved my ass a bunch of times vs Stan's which seems to just turn to water after it's started creating Stanimals.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Orange has been good with sharp rock and whatnot
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

MTBR tested the Finish Line sealant. Gave it 2/5 after it failed to seal a 2mm puncture. Sample of 1. YMMV

I still use Stans. It is very rare I have a sidewall tear, and stans has always done what I needed it to with thorns and goatheads.