Telluride/Moab Mags- Beta on Late June Rafting Options?

Family will be in Telluride later in June, perhaps early July, dates to be determined around rafting trip availability. Would like decent whitewater but also hiking, scenic/historic opportunities along the way. Group is me, wifey , two teenage kids, all have been on class III-IV daytrips back east. Looking for 2-3 night guided rafting trip within doable distance of Telluride. Any suggestions for rivers and guides welcome. Some initial calls with guides suggest: Moab, Cataract Canyon - best rapids but first and last day flat water motor in/out; Moab Desolation smaller but more frequent rapids ; Lodore, sounds interesting but put in at Vernal, 5 or so hours away, Yampa/Green, again accessed from Vernal. 5 hours each way may be tough for our schedule.

I realize that the low water is impacting some of the options closer to Telluride, or so they say. Would really appreciate any input from the collective. Thanks.

Check out the Upper Animas. Starts in Silverton and ends with a steam engine train ride into Durango. It has some class V water but this is a very low water year, so I'm not sure how that works out. There are 3 companies that run trips. One overnight and no hiking. There is a minimum age limit. Other than that there are not many options for rapids and hikes other than the Cataract Canyon section of the Colorado. Great hikes in the Maze, but access in and out to the river is kind of a hassle. Colorado River is running low but the Green is high and Cataract is just below their confluence.
    Gravity Junkie

Telluride/Moab Mags- Beta on Late June Rafting Options?

^ Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I think what you are describing in really a Ruby-Horsetheif/Westwater trip.

OARS is reputable but this trip is only the lower half
    https://www.oars.com/adventures/west...anyon-rafting/

Rimrock is my favorite Fruita based outfitter
    They offer the trip you want, you put in at their office which is bonus.
    https://rradventures.com/rimrock-adv...y-rafting.html

I would call ASAP outfitter use all there allotted user days on this section