https://nypost.com/2018/05/10/comedi...-ice-joke/amp/

A Brooklyn comedian claims Homeland Security agents “busted down” his door over a joke he made about Cinco de Mayo.

The quip came over Twitter last week, courtesy of Jake Flores — a self-described “pizza delivery guy” who does stand-up part-time.

“Ok here’s how Cinco de Mayo works in 2018,” he said. “White people are allowed to culturally appropriate on the condition that you help to destroy ICE. You kill 1 ICE agent and you get to wear a sombrero. 2 kills and you can wear a pancho.”

Flores added, “3rd kill you can draw a mustache on your face in sharpie. 5 kills and you can do skull paint. It goes on and on like this up to 100…After you kill 100 ICE agents you area allowed to be full on racist and no one can give you sh-t about it. Drive a lowrider, call people wetbacks, get a weird tattoo of a chola that’s also a clown for some reason. No one can stop you. You earned it.”

The joke went over well with Flores’ followers, but not so much with the Trump administration.

ICE Press Secretary Jennifer Elzea told the Univision-owned website, Splinter News, that the agency caught wind of the tweets and launched an investigation.

“The kind of language expressed…even in an allegedly joking manner, is reckless and irresponsible,” Elzea said. “It potentially puts at risk those who have taken an oath to uphold the law and protect public safety.”

Flores cracked the joke last Saturday at around 2 p.m.

According to his tweets, Homeland Security agents raided his apartment less than a day later — at around 9:30 a.m. Sunday.

“Lmao Homeland Security just busted down my door over a joke,” Flores tweeted. “Everyone say hi, they are definitely reading this!!!!”

Speaking to Splinter, the comedian recalled how he was sleeping on his couch when the agents arrived. He said there were four of them.

“I’ve been arrested a lot of times, and I didn’t get the feeling that’s what they were going for because cops are the ones that come in and immediately arrest you and want to assert all this dominance,” Flores explained. “These were nerds, lanyard guys. They sort of came in and made their statement pretty quickly, and I thought, ‘I’m either going to get arrested or not.'”

One of the agents questioned Flores about the Twitter joke, while the others allegedly took pictures of his apartment.

“The main guy is talking to me — I don’t know his name, I don’t know if he had a warrant — but as he’s talking to me, his three cohorts are taking photos of my apartment,” he said. “So we have this conversation and they kind of just make it clear that nothing’s going to happen, [but] we’re going to keep an eye on you, which is alarming and annoying, and maybe they’re listening to this phone call right now.”

Despite the federal probe, Flores has decided to keep the tweets posted on his Twitter page — saying he wanted to “stick to my guns on this one.”

“I still think they’re funny,” the comic explained. “I think one of the worst things you can do when these things happen as a Twitter person or a comedian is apologize, because as soon as you apologize, you give all this legitimacy to any argument that you’re a bad person who did something horrible.”

Flores added, “We do need culture and jokes and people that take the edge off the whole world, and that didn’t really exist until recently. The left used to be very humorless and scolding. So I’m always happy to contribute and to be a part of what I think isn’t the most important part of any of this stuff, but a part that needs to be there.”