Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Some people should not be handed a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    If this was directed at me, yes I watched. She’s an idiot. Definitely took the fork and jammed it into her career.
    "You" as in the collective
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

This cunt deserves every negative consequence she gets as a result of this.

The outcome in this situation could not have turned out better, well maybe if charges are filed for falsifying a police report.

her life is turning into a country music song.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    She deserves all the hate but I gotta say the whole offering a stranger's dog a treat thing is kinda weird.
    It seems clear to me this chick clearly got provoked and I find it hard to believe this dog was causing the dude any problems being off leash, but a couple fuck you's could have sufficed vs. the whole racial thing overreaction. Like that is the route she thought would solve the problem? Pretty strong evidence of what this lady really believes about given races.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    It seems clear to me this chick clearly got provoked and I find it hard to believe this dog was causing the dude any problems being off leash, but a couple fuck you's could have sufficed vs. the whole racial thing overreaction. Like that is the route she thought would solve the problem? Pretty strong evidence of what this lady really believes about given races.
    It's true we do not know how he approached her or in what manner he spoke. We only have her word against his. I do suspect that this dog was probably the last straw for him having seen many people allow their dogs to run amok in the shrubbery scaring birds and tearing things up.

Yes, the fact that she jumped to the race thing is telling but I give her credit for saying "African American." LOL! So genteel of her.

I think maybe we all need to learn some humility and rise to be the bigger person - the whole "when they go low, we go high" thing. She knew she was in the wrong, knew it was not an off leash area of the park. Had she been a "bigger person" she would have accepted the admonishment and said "my bad" securing her dog and then exiting the area but again, tensions are at an all time high right now, few are thinking clearly and many are spoiling for a fight.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Did any of you not read this? https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html

The explanation for a) the objection to off leash and b) the treats makes perfect sense to me. I own a dog. I don't let him off leash anywhere that he's not welcome to be off leash. And, he's such an attention whore that if there are other people around then they have a better chance of catching him than I do.

It seems clear to me this chick clearly got provoked
    Yes, by being called out for flouting the rules requiring her dog be on a leash...

All I can say is that the "digital lynch mob" associated with these types of incidents is pretty fucked.
    It's right out of "Hated in the Nation"
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 05-26-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    All I can say is that the "digital lynch mob" associated with these types of incidents is pretty fucked.
    agree. also agree with those who point out that we don't know what happened before. And that I wouldn't want to be videoed during my worst moment.

BUT, my worst moment doesn't come close to this, and there would have to be WAY WAY WAY more provocation than there possibly could have been during this incident for me to have my "worst moment". And what she threatened was racist and possibly lethal for the man. Losing her job because of that seems appropriate. All of the other stuff she is undoubtedly experiencing (threats and whatnot) are undeserved.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The National Audubon Society, the country's leading bird conservation organization, said they were grateful that Christian Cooper, a board member of the New York City Audubon Society, is safe.

Here's my take:

Central Park is 824 acres of parkland on a tiny island crammed full of 1.7 million people. Of that 824 acres, a small 36 acres in the middle is cordoned off as "The Ramble" for special species of plants and a haven for birders. Dog's running around ruin that (flushes the birds) so there's a designated offleash area nearby.

This asshole Amy Cooper decided "fuck the rules and fuck everyone else" and comes tromping through running around scaring up the birds because she matters and nobody else does. She runs into a board member of the bird society (Audobon) who points out breaking the rules and she goes "nah fuck you I am running around with my dog" like she is a small child.

So birder dude (Christian Cooper) has clearly encountered this type of Amy asshole before and knows how to interrupt her disruptive run in a creative and peaceful way: doggies love treats. By offering a treat, this Amy asshole must put the dog on leash otherwise doggy ain't gonna go anywhere cuz this birder dude has TREATS!

This asshole Amy felt offended some black dude was trying to tell her what to do... so she went on the attack! Asshole Amy tried to fuck up the innocent birder hardcore using her racist superpowers... tells 911 she's a poor white women being threatened by the mean black man (the Harvard educated bird society dude), and tries to get him locked up or shot. She's so pissed she strangles her dog.

Asshole Amy has to turn her dog over to the shelter, gets suspended and terminated from her VP of Investments position, and charged with felony abuse of 911 system. Can we get an animal cruelty charge too please so she doesn't hurt any more animals?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, by being called out for flouting the rules requiring her dog be on a leash...
    Provoked is probably a poor choice of words, I'm just saying its a pretty Karen-esque move to make yourself the leash law police in the first place.
    Live Free or Die

It seems clear to me this chick clearly got provoked and I find it hard to believe this dog was causing the dude any problems being off leash.
    Astonishing but not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    her life is turning into a country music song.
    I doubt she's divorced, has a big drinking problem, drives a pickup truck, and lives in manufactured housing. There is a dog, though.

Provoked is probably a poor choice of words, I'm just saying its a pretty Karen-esque move to make yourself the leash law police in the first place.
    Read Summit's post. I agree with him. This dude was out to bird watch and this lady fucked up his recreation. To use a skiing metaphor it's liking hiking in a skin track.

Read Summit's post. I agree with him. This dude was out to bird watch and this lady fucked up his recreation. To use a skiing metaphor it's liking sledding in a non-motorized skiing area.
    FIFY

Read Summit's post. I agree with him. This dude was out to bird watch and this lady fucked up his recreation. To use a skiing metaphor it's liking hiking in a skin track.
    It's more than messing with his day. The dog was fucking up the plant cover the birds use for cover and food. That costs the taxpayers (or whoever paid for the landscaping).

what the fuck is going on with white women

After some further thought I think that this lady should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

She knew exactly what the potential impact of her false report. He could have been killed and thats why she was doing it. To threaten him with police violence.

He should sue her and take her and her insurer to the cleaners.

AND she was abusing that dog. Just put it on the leash so it doesnt keep strangling.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

We all ultimately agree this lady got what was coming so I'm not going to get worked up about semantics with you.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    That costs the taxpayers (or whoever paid for the landscaping).
    That’s AR’s problem. Taxes going for silly things like birds and public parks. That dog owners personal freedom is also being violated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    He should sue her and take her and her insurer to the cleaners.
    Suing asshole Amy seems like a waste. She lost her dog, lost her job, lost her reputation, and possibly her freedom for a bit (probably probation and a fine, but I'm not a NYC law talking guy). Yea, she was attempting to deprive him of his civil rights, but blood from a rock? That's up to the bird guy.

I think Mr. Cooper is going to be stoked at the decrease in off leash dogs and positive attention to Audobon. Also, he'll be stoked about not being ventilated by the po po.

We all ultimately agree this lady got what was coming so I'm not going to get worked up about semantics with you.
    You just said she was provoked and that off leash dog was no big deal. That’s not semantics

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That’s AR’s problem. Taxes going for silly things like birds and public parks. That dog owners personal freedom is also being violated.
    Now a big ole chunk of this is City Problems. You cram that many people in that small of a space and you need a lot of rules to keep people from finding more violent and less creative ways to settle asshole encounters than giving a doggie a treat. But even in the mountains that aren't quite bum fuck nowhere but are still 60+ miles from the city, you get off leash dog problems where dogs chase wildlife or dart out in front of runners and bikers.

How is the dog abuser's freedom being violated in this case? Something in the constitution about being able to have the dog off leash wherever you damn well please?