Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    "I feel threatened!"

https://medium.com/more-of-a-comment...s-dda5c3ff51a5

"Cheap credit and cheap imports and cheap slave labor let us consume like we are rich when we are anything but. If you are a minoritized minority — Black, Latino, Asian — you have a million opportunities to learn that who you think you are is not what the world thinks you are. When you are white, there are very few triggers for feeling your whiteness… unless you feel your class."

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    🤣

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Karens got a gun......

Attachment 333291

the whole worlds come undone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...man-gun-video/
    Do all you guys linking WP stories realize nobody can read them unless you subscribe??
    If there's another way, please let me know.

They had a really good deal about a month ago for first time subscribers. Like 29 bucks for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Do all you guys linking WP stories realize nobody can read them unless you subscribe??
    If I’m on my phone, I download the link instead of opening it. If I’m on my computer, I just use the incognito mode. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They had a really good deal about a month ago for first time subscribers. Like 29 bucks for a year.
    Ha. Hahahahahaha. Ha. Ha
    . . .

Meh. most of that crap aint worth reading anyway.

Or you click the link and get 1.5 seconds to read it before a big window poops up crying about your ad blocker.
    watch out for snakes

Organizations and laws that have ridiculous titles in an effort to create a cool acronym annoy me. (OALTHRTIAETCACA)

https://medium.com/more-of-a-comment...s-dda5c3ff51a5

"Cheap credit and cheap imports and cheap slave labor let us consume like we are rich when we are anything but. If you are a minoritized minority — Black, Latino, Asian — you have a million opportunities to learn that who you think you are is not what the world thinks you are. When you are white, there are very few triggers for feeling your whiteness… unless you feel your class."
    What's annoying about that? It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    When we link to the WP it's intended for the cool kids. I guess you're not one of us.

Starbucks 'Karen' Thinks She Deserves Half Of $100,000 Given To Barista She Abused

By now, it's no secret that some people are willing to wear masks to slow down the spread of disease and some aren't. Those who are opposed are passionate about not wearing masks, and we've seen them press the issue with companies trying to keep their employees and customers safe many times.

One young barista at Starbucks just trying to do his job to the best of his ability has found himself at the center of an online firestorm thanks to a customer who threw a fit over the store's mask policy and posted on Facebook about it. And just when he thought he might be done with her, she's coming back for more.

As The New York Times reported, when Gilles approached the cash register to put her order in, barista Lenin Gutierrez asked her if she had a mask to wear. "No, I don't need one," she replied.

In a Facebook post, Gutierrez said she started cursing at him and called everyone wearing a mask "sheep," and then stormed out. She returned a few minutes later, asked for his name, took his picture, and told him she'd be calling head office. A bystander caught it all on video.

She posted the pic she took of Gutierrez, writing "Meet lenen from Starbucks who refused to serve me cause I’m not wearing a mask. Next time I will wait for cops and bring a medical exemption."

While Gilles' post did ring up 110,000 reactions, 133,000 comments, and 49,000 shares, it also became a rallying point for Gutierrez' friends and fans.

They started a GoFundMe campaign to allow people around the country to "tip" Gutierrez and support the berated barista.

Gilles' post has since been deleted, and she has become known online as the "Starbucks Karen."
    However, the matter didn't end when it went online.

The GoFundMe campaign started out quite modestly. The organizer, Matt Cowan, told KGTV that he didn't expect much from it. "I set it at $1,000 thinking that was a reach but we would be lucky if we hit like $250 and when we hit $100 I was overwhelmed by that," he said.

Gutierrez' actions seemed to have struck a chord, however, because donations went well beyond $1,000. At the most recent count, people have donated a total of $105,450.

Gutierrez says he has some plans for that money.

He wants to use it to pursue his dreams of becoming a professional dancer and to teach dance to kids, a passion of his that he used his Starbucks job to support.

"That’s all I really want to do — to just be able to show dance to others and show them how much I love it and how much it affected me," he said in his Facebook video.

"And if I can show that to someone else, that would be amazing and change their life like it changed mine."

He has also indicated on the GoFundMe page that he plans to donate some of the money to charities in his community.

However, Gilles says she deserves a cut of the cash too.

And not just a cut - Gilles says she deserves at least half of Gutierrez' tips "because they're using me to get it."
    "They’re using my name, they’re using my face, and they’re slandering me," she told The New York Times.

She has said in other interviews that she was "denied" and "discriminated against" for not wearing a mask, and that she feels "frustrated."

NBC San Diego reported that Gilles is considering filing a lawsuit for defamation and slander to get a portion of Gutierrez' tip money.

Gutierrez, meanwhile, was just trying to comply with both store and county policies.

San Diego County, where the Starbucks in which the exchange occurred is located, has required masks in many public areas since May 1.

Starbucks issued a statement regarding the incident, saying "We want everyone to feel welcome in our stores. We respectfully request customers follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting our stores."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Karen brings a bell to dinner.

https://i.redd.it/lj9b67dqjf951.png

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Starbucks 'Karen' Thinks She Deserves Half Of $100,000 Given To Barista She Abused

By now, it's no secret that some people are willing to wear masks to slow down the spread of disease and some aren't. Those who are opposed are passionate about not wearing masks, and we've seen them press the issue with companies trying to keep their employees and customers safe many times.

One young barista at Starbucks just trying to do his job to the best of his ability has found himself at the center of an online firestorm thanks to a customer who threw a fit over the store's mask policy and posted on Facebook about it. And just when he thought he might be done with her, she's coming back for more.

As The New York Times reported, when Gilles approached the cash register to put her order in, barista Lenin Gutierrez asked her if she had a mask to wear. "No, I don't need one," she replied.

In a Facebook post, Gutierrez said she started cursing at him and called everyone wearing a mask "sheep," and then stormed out. She returned a few minutes later, asked for his name, took his picture, and told him she'd be calling head office. A bystander caught it all on video.

She posted the pic she took of Gutierrez, writing "Meet lenen from Starbucks who refused to serve me cause I’m not wearing a mask. Next time I will wait for cops and bring a medical exemption."

While Gilles' post did ring up 110,000 reactions, 133,000 comments, and 49,000 shares, it also became a rallying point for Gutierrez' friends and fans.

They started a GoFundMe campaign to allow people around the country to "tip" Gutierrez and support the berated barista.

Gilles' post has since been deleted, and she has become known online as the "Starbucks Karen."
    However, the matter didn't end when it went online.

The GoFundMe campaign started out quite modestly. The organizer, Matt Cowan, told KGTV that he didn't expect much from it. "I set it at $1,000 thinking that was a reach but we would be lucky if we hit like $250 and when we hit $100 I was overwhelmed by that," he said.

Gutierrez' actions seemed to have struck a chord, however, because donations went well beyond $1,000. At the most recent count, people have donated a total of $105,450.

Gutierrez says he has some plans for that money.

He wants to use it to pursue his dreams of becoming a professional dancer and to teach dance to kids, a passion of his that he used his Starbucks job to support.

"That’s all I really want to do — to just be able to show dance to others and show them how much I love it and how much it affected me," he said in his Facebook video.

"And if I can show that to someone else, that would be amazing and change their life like it changed mine."

He has also indicated on the GoFundMe page that he plans to donate some of the money to charities in his community.

However, Gilles says she deserves a cut of the cash too.

And not just a cut - Gilles says she deserves at least half of Gutierrez' tips "because they're using me to get it."
    "They’re using my name, they’re using my face, and they’re slandering me," she told The New York Times.

She has said in other interviews that she was "denied" and "discriminated against" for not wearing a mask, and that she feels "frustrated."

NBC San Diego reported that Gilles is considering filing a lawsuit for defamation and slander to get a portion of Gutierrez' tip money.

Gutierrez, meanwhile, was just trying to comply with both store and county policies.

San Diego County, where the Starbucks in which the exchange occurred is located, has required masks in many public areas since May 1.

Starbucks issued a statement regarding the incident, saying "We want everyone to feel welcome in our stores. We respectfully request customers follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting our stores."
    Wow, just...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Wow, just...
    talk about doubling down on teh stupid - that kid now has to spend his money on lawyers to defend against this stupid lady? Hope someone steps up and does it pro bono.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    talk about doubling down on teh stupid - that kid now has to spend his money on lawyers to defend against this stupid lady? Hope someone steps up and does it pro bono.
    I'll be shocked if she can find an ambulance chaser sleazy enough to take the case. Michael Avenatti isn't practicing law these days.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'll be shocked if she can find an ambulance chaser sleazy enough to take the case. Michael Avenatti isn't practicing law these days.
    Yup. The woman has no basis for a claim of injury by barista. If she does try the extortion-by-lawsuit route, she is liable for barista’s legal fees when she loses.

I kind of wish it could be a public trial but i think the novelty of her lunacy would wear off quickly. Some folks are just fucking nuts.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

"I feel threatened!"
    Name:  DEB8275C-601A-470E-B46B-DF17688BD9D1.jpeg
Views: 792
Size:  57.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I kind of wish it could be a public trial but i think the novelty of her lunacy would wear off quickly. Some folks are just fucking nuts.
    Does the loser (I think we all know who that'd be) get stoned? I'd show up

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    More like, the winner gets stoned. Gowachin Law!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Someone should just give the kid a blunt and call it good.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Everybody must get stoned!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I appreciate what she did and so did her boss who supported her. I'm sure she can use the money, but so can a lot of people, a lot more. Go Fund Me is a lottery usually won by the young, attractive, white. It has especially skewered the provision of expensive, uninsured life saving health care--where people have to compete to construct the most appealing stories--the appealing people get to live, the less appealing get to die. There are better ways to support charitable causes and better ways to pay for health care, but Bernie didn't win.
    Last edited by old goat; 07-11-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Totally agree. In a way it’s an obtuse parallel to giving money directly to the homeless. Thanks for pointing that out. Let’s hope she shares the generosity.