Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

what the fuck is going on with white women

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I am no city guy, but shit is different in Manhattan.

How is the dog abuser's freedom being violated? Something in the constitution about being able to have the dog off leash wherever you damn well please?
    My sarcasm needs sharpening. Perhaps It was a bit curt.

I see the twitter mob has arrived. I'll see my way out.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    My sarcasm needs sharpening. Perhaps It was a bit curt.
    All good
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I see the twitter mob has arrived. I'll see my way out.
    When you have no defense blame the messenger. Probably the media’s fault.

Central Park confrontation sends an ugly message

The story of Amy Cooper, the white woman who called the police on an African American man who was bird watching in Central Park and who asked her to leash her dog in accordance with park rules, is about racism, yes. But it's also about how racism is more than just whites' hostility toward people of color. Racism is more than a feeling; it's a system in which white people can and do exploit their own social positions, assumptions about their innocence, and the presumption that they're telling the truth.

At its heart the Amy Cooper story is a one of failed systems: That a black man has to rely on videotaped wrongdoing to be believed -- to protect himself from an agitated stranger advancing up on him, and to ultimately see something resembling justice -- while white people can feel comfortable summoning law enforcement and bringing the weight of the state down on their chosen target.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

A VP of a public company is always on the job. No doubt she’s had training on how to deal with public perception and image. Even before Twitter we were trained that we are always in the eyes of our coworkers and public.

Suing asshole Amy seems like a waste. She lost her dog, lost her job, lost her reputation, and possibly her freedom for a bit (probably probation and a fine, but I'm not a NYC law talking guy). Yea, she was attempting to deprive him of his civil rights, but blood from a rock? That's up to the bird guy.

I think Mr. Cooper is going to be stoked at the decrease in off leash dogs and positive attention to Audobon. Also, he'll be stoked about not being ventilated by the po po.
    Oh she was a VP for an Franklin Templeton. I bet she has plenty. Probably a $2m apartment just off the park. Certainly has an umbrella policy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Provoked is probably a poor choice of words, I'm just saying its a pretty Karen-esque move to make yourself the leash law police in the first place.
    Would you rather he call the real police to deal with it? What do you think the chances are they would come? The guy was trying to protect wildlife. Seems like that's worth calling out someone. There are times when it's appropriate to confront someone and times when it's not. Criterion 1--is what the person doing harmful to people, animals, or property? Criterion 2--is the person likely to be armed? Social pressure is a lot more effective way of controlling human behavior than relying only on voluntary compliance. As always, tact and a kind approach work best. And an explanation if it's not obvious. (All that said, I ignore the people feeding the ducks and geese at the pond in the park, in front of the signs telling them not to do it and why. Not the hill where I want to make a stand. Plus the damn geese shit all over the park so I don't care if they get sick.)

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The story of Amy Cooper, the white woman who called the police on an African American man who was bird watching in Central Park and who asked her to leash her dog in accordance with park rules, is about racism, yes. But it's also about how racism is more than just whites' hostility toward people of color. Racism is more than a feeling; it's a system in which white people can and do exploit their own social positions, assumptions about their innocence, and the presumption that they're telling the truth.

At its heart the Amy Cooper story is a one of failed systems: That a black man has to rely on videotaped wrongdoing to be believed -- to protect himself from an agitated stranger advancing up on him, and to ultimately see something resembling justice -- while white people can feel comfortable summoning law enforcement and bringing the weight of the state down on their chosen target.
    I'd agree with that, but I think there is a missing angle: because we live in the age of technology, it empowers. Christian didn't have to be subject to the potential prejudices of the system. What would have happened with no video? We'll never know. Clearly he knew how to present himself as the po-po didn't shoot him when they showed up.

Without the vid, maybe the police would have carted him away under suspicion and he probably wouldn't have been charged (clean record and charges wouldn't have stuck), a big victory for asshole Amy the racist. Maybe she would have calmed and said "all a misunderstanding" and they would have said "hey lady, move along and put your dog a leash next time CMON!"

I'll tell you what would not have happened without a video camera, Asshole Amy's racist tendencies wouldn't have been exposed. And, no matter what color anyone is, her company wouldn't have gotten a first hand view of what a raging asshole they had working form them.

Go technology! Fuck racism!

What would have happened with no video? We'll never know. Clearly he knew how to present himself as the po-po didn't shoot him when they showed up.
    It is my understanding that by the time police showed up to the area, both Coopers were gone. He never faced the police.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It is my understanding that by the time police showed up to the area, both Coopers were gone. He never faced the police.
    Then he was smart enough to un-ass the area and contact the police on his own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Have you ever had to wait for a cop when it's something serious?

I have a feeling that this lady has 9-1-1 on speed dial.
    I still am having a hard time believing that this lady was actually walking her dog in Central Park without a leash (even though it is a cocker spaniel, I think) during the pandemic, and then has the nerve to argue with a law abiding citizen when he asks her to obey the law. F##king New York princesses.
    Right now, she's probably at The Four Seasons sipping cosmos with friends and justifying her actions.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Well, I can tell you one thing, she is no longer welcome anywhere on the Upper West Side!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have you ever had to wait for a cop when it's something serious?
    He should have knelt on her neck until they did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

To me this is not a racial thing, it's a dog people vs cat people thing. Dogs get in trouble for doing a little harmless pawing around because it might be bad for the little birdies, while cats are allowed to roam free and kill millions of birds every year. Free the dogs. Lock up the cats, along with Hillary and Obama.

Provoked is probably a poor choice of words, I'm just saying its a pretty Karen-esque move to make yourself the leash law police in the first place.
    I hate Karens.
    But this is a tragedy of the commons.
    Somebody’s got to look out for mother nature
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    To me this is not a racial thing, it's a dog people vs cat people thing. Dogs get in trouble for doing a little harmless pawing around because it might be bad for the little birdies, while cats are allowed to roam free and kill millions of birds every year. Free the dogs. Lock up the cats, along with Hillary and Obama.
    There was a post on the local FB page of a person lamenting the view of an eagle flying by with what the observer believed was someone's kitty. There was a huge outpouring of grief and lamentations of the tragedy. While I did feel some sorrow for the person that lost their beloved kitty, I couldn't help but cheer for the feathered team. I refrained, with some difficulty, from commenting on the post.

Here's my take:

Central Park is 824 acres of parkland on a tiny island crammed full of 1.7 million people. Of that 824 acres, a small 36 acres in the middle is cordoned off as "The Ramble" for special species of plants and a haven for birders. Dog's running around ruin that (flushes the birds) so there's a designated offleash area nearby.

This asshole Amy Cooper decided "fuck the rules and fuck everyone else" and comes tromping through running around scaring up the birds because she matters and nobody else does. She runs into a board member of the bird society (Audobon) who points out breaking the rules and she goes "nah fuck you I am running around with my dog" like she is a small child.

So birder dude (Christian Cooper) has clearly encountered this type of Amy asshole before and knows how to interrupt her disruptive run in a creative and peaceful way: doggies love treats. By offering a treat, this Amy asshole must put the dog on leash otherwise doggy ain't gonna go anywhere cuz this birder dude has TREATS!

This asshole Amy felt offended some black dude was trying to tell her what to do... so she went on the attack! Asshole Amy tried to fuck up the innocent birder hardcore using her racist superpowers... tells 911 she's a poor white women being threatened by the mean black man (the Harvard educated bird society dude), and tries to get him locked up or shot. She's so pissed she strangles her dog.

Asshole Amy has to turn her dog over to the shelter, gets suspended and terminated from her VP of Investments position, and charged with felony abuse of 911 system. Can we get an animal cruelty charge too please so she doesn't hurt any more animals?
    This is a solid take on the situation

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A VP of a public company is always on the job. No doubt she’s had training on how to deal with public perception and image. Even before Twitter we were trained that we are always in the eyes of our coworkers and public.
    I'm guessing many of the people who work(ed) for her are doing a little dance right now. You know she's...or was...a tyrant at work.

Time wounds all heels...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Kill them all and let god sort it out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Line the capitalists up against a wall and shoot them my grandfather used to say.

What's with all the "freedom" and anti-government people suddenly thinking there's something wrong with average citizens applying social pressure instead of relying on "the authorities?" It's like preferring lockdown to masks.

SO much win in these last two posts, XXXers and OG's that is.