Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    If you are British, Karen IS a bird.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It is kinda weird to just wipe shit with toilet paper and call it good. Imagine if you got shit on your hand, would you just wipe it off? No you’d wash it. Sure your hand is used for lots of things so it deserves special treatment but even your foot, would you be content with wiping shit off your foot with paper? Humans...
    Baby wipes? Besides, its not like I go around rubbing my butthole on doorknobs, groery carts, etc. I mean, at least not ussually.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    What I'd like to know is why do so many bystanders sit idly by and do nothing but document the moment with their cell phones. I wish people would quit simply posting stuff to their social media feeds and I dunno...maybe actually DO something about the situations unfolding right before their very eyes! I could not imagine seeing some Permit Patty or likewise acting the fool like that and not calling them out for their asshattery.
    Cus you can't talk sense to crazy? Social shame is what these people will respond to. Its sad. Maybe someone could have the humanity to connect to some of them on a personal level but its doubtful if it will work. A lot of these people, while racist, are more importantly defined by their desire to create and search out conflict. The racism is just the flavor it takes. Arguing with them is exactly what they are looking for. The ones that aren't methed out probably have mental disorders. Racism is something a community or society can respond to by showing they do not share that viewpoint, but mental illness is not really like that. There are people that go through life having conflict be the primary way they relate to others. Years ago I made the mistake of beleiving my father wanted to talk about the past, and was willing to discuss the violence he inflicted on me as a child, in the interest of creating healing for us both, so I did my best to empathatically discuss my memories with him. Big mistake. His brain has a problem processing things, and creating an argument about them is just how he processes them, because then he doesnt have to feel the feelings he has about his behavior, he gets to just argue and try and convince himself he is the victim somehow. Its borderline personality disorder. Its a pretty common disorder. These people all look to be prime candidates for diagnosis. A couple are maybe just racists, but not most of them.

If you argue with these people, you are behaving exactly in the way that helps them lie to themselves and beleive they are being victimized somehow. Avoid that. Assuming crazy peple are capable of rationlity is crazy.

If you want to get involved, I think the same thing you'd do if you saw someone following/creeping on a lone woman in public. Don't be agressive or confrontational, just walk up and act like shes a great friend you havent seen in a while, give her a hug and make her feel safe and ask hey how are the kids, hope little johnny's cancer is still in remission etc.

The same thing would work here. Walk up to the Latino landscaper and say hey Bob long time no see, give him a handshake and hug, ask if hes still volunteering with at risk kids or whatever, and just ignore the hateful douche, but show them they are missing out on human connection by being a tool. They will still walk away telling themselvs they are the victim, but it will be harder for them to belelive it, and the social stigma of being nationally called out as a racist douche is going to have far more effect than arguing with them.

Also, Kevo, re RA and other autoimmune disorders. There is a proven link between chronic health conditions and being emtionally unwell, espeically coming from a dysfunctional or abusive childhood. Perhaps there are chemical reasons, but I think a lot of it is our country is just not well, and our culture does not prioritize mental health, inner peace, wisdom, forgiveness, it incentivizes and prioritizes material success, being dishonest about struggling and pretending youve got shit handled etc. So many people think mental health doesn't concern them cus they aren't crazy. Most of the crazier people think that actually. Really we are all crazy, and if you don't think you are, you're fucking crazy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    How would they have handled it if it were a white dude they were looking for? Most likely they wouldn't have just grabbed the first white guy on the street that was a marginal match and held him for an hour on the sidewalk while they sorted it out. Maybe let him move somewhere a bit more comfortable where he could sit down.
    Nah, they absolutly do that to white people. Had cops tell me once I matched the description of someone. They were a lot less polite than they were to that guy, and really seemed t presume my guilt. I'm white.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I dunno, you look pretty guilty to me.
    watch out for snakes

It is kinda weird to just wipe shit with toilet paper and call it good. Imagine if you got shit on your hand, would you just wipe it off? No you’d wash it. Sure your hand is used for lots of things so it deserves special treatment but even your foot, would you be content with wiping shit off your foot with paper? Humans...

Baby wipes? Besides, its not like I go around rubbing my butthole on doorknobs, groery carts, etc. I mean, at least not ussually.

so post Bidet instal 2 month ago i am now on my second roll of TP ... just sayin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm a bit suspect of the birdwatching angle. The only birds I see in Central Park are pigeons, house sparrows and the resident waterfowl.
    clearly you need better binoculars

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    FTR, I made fun of a subset of birdwatchers, a subset which invites taunting. FTR2, I'm a lifelong birdwatcher. FTR3, some of my birding companions sport Swaro ELs -- and every damn one of them is a snooty poser coastie.
    Having gone bird watching once with serious birdwatchers I have great respect for the skill involved. But the most impressive wildlife sighting skills was on a trip to Ecuador--we stayed at a lodge in the Amazon. They had a viewing towers in the canopy. The kichwa guide would see something way off with his naked eye, the Hispanic naturalist would spot with binoculars. They would set up a telescope on it and I still couldn't see it.

My bird watching is limited to what shows up at our bird feeders, the water fowl near shore near our house, and the pigeons I had to drive off last winter to keep them from crapping on our doorstep. A super soaker did the trick. The pigeons were actually pretty cool--seemed quite devoted to each other. They just picked the wrng place to roost.

FTR, I made fun of a subset of birdwatchers, a subset which invites taunting. FTR2, I'm a lifelong birdwatcher. FTR3, some of my birding companions sport Swaro ELs -- and every damn one of them is a snooty poser coastie.
    But do any of them know the bird association behind the name of one of the greatest radio stations of all time, 100.7 WMMS?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

so post Bidet instal 2 month ago i am now on my second roll of TP ... just sayin
    Do you still have to brace in anticipation for the cold water jet to strike yer bunghole after pressing the button or does one get used to it?

Is this the bird watching thread? My wife has been obsessed with watching sandhill cranes in the backyard, but I don't have a Swarovski budget.

YMMV but personaly I find it refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Is this the bird watching thread? My wife has been obsessed with watching sandhill cranes in the backyard, but I don't have a Swarovski budget.
    Its kind of morphed into the bird watching thread

In my world they are all just LBJ's

YMMV but personaly I find it refreshing
    makes me pucker up, maybe you have a weak stream.

Thread drift - in army recruitment they used to do rectal exams during the medical - if you “blossomed” instead of puckered on initial touching of the area it was a red flag on you file. This was before don’t ask don’t tell policies and was told to me by older guys in the recruitment dept (could be urban legend) I was not being examined so don’t ask for how I did.

XXX-er would be red flagged then.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The eggs make a delicious omelette.

I didn’t realize there were so many bird lovers here. You guys might appreciate this. This showed up on the wreath on my front door about two weeks ago. We’ve been using the back door
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81814822-A160-40CB-8D10-CEA10A10BE9A.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	775.2 KB 
ID:	330008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BCDA78A-61B7-4320-8CD5-3D0D172991E1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	769.7 KB 
ID:	330009  

Wow
    Toxic turquoise.
    Hope yer hazmat suit doesn't leak.
    Solid nest, though.

Not ashamed to admit, one of few high points this spring has been monitoring how the local wood duck family deals with the tragedy of 60+% progeny mortality.

Basically, it appears no fucks were given.

I'm just waiting to see when XXX-er throws in his next "LBJ" reference.

well obviously not only are you fucking dentists a bunch of weak assholes

you have no clue about the ins n outs of any kind of ology,

LBJ is an accepted species designation and stands for Little Brown Job

Fucking liar. No way you didn't see a House Sparrow, American Robin and European Starling between January 1 and mid-May.
    This is the kind of crap I'm talking about. Maybe it wasn't a starling. I only have a set of hand-me-down porro prism Bushnells, so its kinda hard to tell what kind of black colored bird it was, but I stand by all the other sightings.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

well obviously not only are you fucking dentists a bunch of weak assholes

you have no clue about the ins n outs of any kind of ology,

LBJ is an accepted species designation and stands for Little Brown Job
    Lady Bird Johnson wasn’t Brown. You take that back!
    . . .

Bird nazis

What in the world is going on with white foods?
    watch out for snakes

Shitbirds, Randy
    I still call it The Jake.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Thread drift - in army recruitment they used to do rectal exams during the medical - if you “blossomed” instead of puckered on initial touching of the area it was a red flag on you file. This was before don’t ask don’t tell policies and was told to me by older guys in the recruitment dept (could be urban legend) I was not being examined so don’t ask for how I did.
    havin played that game
    im calling bullshit on your urban ledgend bs
    it was a grab em and cough
    no is that the whole fist doc
    least in the 80's when the raygun was showing them commies how to cninc instead of potwating to lame twatlife followers
    I waited till I was 40 for that and I cancelled the appointment twice cause skibums don't miss 2' pow days for fingers in the butt
    and it still puckers every pow day
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno