Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    What species of finch?

Common Nighthawk is in a family called goatsuckers (no kidding). Cool bird, numbers dwindling due to habitat loss and pesticide use. Mags in the Sierra and Rockies may see another goatsucker species, the Poorwill, in subalpine areas in summer. A Poorwill is sometimes mistaken for a rock (no kidding).
    We get purple and house finches, they're supposed to be here all year but i only see them in the summer. is there a comparable bird watching site where one can make mom jokes?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I bet Central Park Karen is stoked about cops murdering blacks because it gets the attention off of her (and she hates blacks)

Broadtailed hummingbird female got in the house, let the wife pick it up and carry it outside to the feeder... sat in her hand while drinking diabetes water.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

what the fuck is going on with white women

OK, I’m kinda probably screwing with some protocol here, but I PM’d GeezerSteve for questions about birding. As always, he was super nice and generous.
    Sooooo... is this the birdwatching thread he suggested that could possibly work on TGR?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    OK, I’m kinda probably screwing with some protocol here, but I PM’d GeezerSteve for questions about birding. As always, he was super nice and generous.
    Sooooo... is this the birdwatching thread he suggested that could possibly work on TGR?
    Steve's a stand up dude with a sharp legal mind who navigates the TGR minefield like an American Bittern through reeds.

Like many threads here it does double, or triple duty on various subjects.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Have we jumped the shark yet on filming and posting every fucking parking lot argument that involves middle aged white women?

Holy shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Have we jumped the shark yet on filming and posting every fucking parking lot argument that involves middle aged white women?

Holy shit.

Yea... Amy raised the bar on what qualifies as worthy...

Can we get back to birds and binoculars?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Little finch kept making a nest in the bush right next to my back door. I trashed 2 of them before she could lay eggs with the hope she’d make her nest elsewhere.

Well, she won this battle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1141.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	330095

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yea... Amy raised the bar on what qualifies as worthy...

Jewels and binoculars
    Hang from the head of a mule
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There used to be a birdwatching thread several years ago, although it may have been thread drift like this one. I asked for binocular advice and I remember Big Steve recommended I buy the Nikon Monarch 5’s like he did in this thread, but a SLC mag piped up and sold me some even better Monarch 7’s. Beautiful binoculars, my brother has some $2K Zeiss and even he admits the Nikons are better.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    took the bird

to

there were birds

not sure what kind
    but theyre common carp

no binos nessicito
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Phoenix Karen

I hate just about everything in that video, and what it represents. I hate the self-entitled white woman. I think that the brown woman should have been laid out after using her hands. I dislike the videographer. This is a prime example of everything that goes wrong as the result of someone using their iPhone for 3 mins of internet fame. Fuck them.

Seriously, whose worse the white Nancy, the brown tough girl, or the instigating douche nozzle videographer who took OPB into his own hands?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think that the brown woman should have been laid out after using her hands.
    White woman hit first. Lucky chica didn't lay Karen out.

Seriously, whose worse the white Nancy, the brown tough girl, or the instigating douche nozzle videographer who took OPB into his own hands?
    yeah there was no issue with the lady demanding to know where the brown chick was born until the phone camera came out.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I didn't see that. I did see the chica touch the Nancy and then white lady grab the china's arm and then the chica slapped her. At that point, the white lady should have either laid her out, or leave. All three get failing grades from me. ....and I don't know what happened before the camera came out, do you???
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I didn't see that. I did see the chica touch the Nancy and then white lady grab the china's arm and then the chica slapped her. At that point, the white lady should have either laid her out, or leave. All three get failing grades from me. ....and I don't know what happened before the camera came out, do you???
    From the article I'm guessing Karen couldn't get her gas nozzle working and demanded that the clerk stop what he was doing to help her.

My comments are based solely upon the video. Therein lays the problem: one never gets the entire picture from a video.

We have a new "Karen" -- this one is in Arizona -- and this time she didn't walk away clean ... instead, she got handled with a slap to the face.

This went down Saturday at a Phoenix gas station, where a middle-aged white woman stormed inside demanding to be helped after her pump outside was apparently not working. An argument ensued between her and a younger woman who was being helped at the counter.

While you don't hear it initially, the guy recording says he just heard 'Karen' tell the other woman she needs to go back to her country. She also tells the clerk -- on camera -- not to serve the woman.

Eventually, both women got in each other's faces, and after "Karen" got handsy, the other woman slapped her square on the jaw. "Karen" stormed out in a huff.

The overreacting, racist behavior we've seen plenty of lately -- but this outcome was much different. Maybe even ... refreshing? Sure, let's go with that.

BTW, we've reached out to the owners of this convenience store and they tell us this white woman -- who initially ID'd herself as a manager -- is not employed by them, and is no longer welcome at any of their locations nationwide.

As is evidenced by this video and article, this is a fucked up world that we live in on so many different levels

As is evidenced by this video and article, this is a fucked up world that we live in on so many different levels
    Entitled old white woman tells young lady to go back to her country and you think there's equal blame. That's fucked up.

OK, but you are making assumptions not in the video. That's fucked up. I merely place equal blame on all three parties involved based upon actual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Entitled old white woman tells young lady to go back to her country and you think there's equal blame. That's fucked up.

I don't often agree with you, but well said.

Woman Complains About Kids Playing In A Toy Car Because None Of Them Have A Driver’s License.

Oh Karen

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Phoenix Karen

Doesn't that lady know that horizontal stripes will make her look fat?