Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    “Why have one set of rules for judging [nutrition] and another set of rules for some other area?”"

That's awesome.
    Good. Nutrition science is, for the most part, an oxymoron.

The AIM meat paper got a pretty favorable write-up by the Executive Editor of Science-Based Medicine: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the...t-controversy/

Looking forward to seeing Michael Greger's hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    https://draxe.com/pumpkin-seed-oil/

I drizzle it on almost anything. Mostly greens though.
    That shit is awesome!
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Not sure where to post this.
    Lots of maggot ...um maggots out there.

Baby Food
    The study found that 26% of containers tested contained lead, cadmium, arsenic and mercury, and 94% of containers tested contained lead.
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...6-1ceb9e9ea7fb

In what concentrations though?

If you stop to think about it, it makes total sense that you would find that stuff in a significant amount of food that is mechanically pulverized. That equipment undergoes wear, and a lot of those metals exist in the alloys used to make it.

Just watched The Game Changers, going strict vegan starting tomorrow. Going to miss turkey, but really looking forward to being a dick to everyone eating some.

Just watched The Game Changers, going strict vegan starting tomorrow. Going to miss turkey, but really looking forward to being a dick to everyone eating some.

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition...ie-fact-check/

I haven't watched that yet and kinda didn't want to until I read that ^^^ "rebuttal." Now I'm probably going to have to watch. But I think I'll wait until after turkey; I think I'm pretty plant-based anyway.

Men's Health making meat defenders sound like Ron Johnson:

“as a group, vegetarians have lower mean muscle creatine concentrations than do omnivores, and this may affect supramaximal exercise performance.”
    Of course, as a group, vegetarians are lighter. Which doesn't hurt power to weight ratios, but does lightness correlate with lower mean muscle creatine concentrations? Point being, "as a group" is a rather artless dodge of appropriate statistical interpretation.

Which seemed kinda typical:

It’s impressive, but diet is only a small piece of overall health.
    No shit? Well in that case, why are we even discussing it?

And right after they discuss the difference between absolute and relative cancer risks (with all the implications for misinterpretation, which apparently was misinterpreted) they throw out this little nugget in support of careful marinade selection:

You could even go so far as to say "virtually eliminate your risk", as they can decrease HCA formation by up to 99 percent, says St. Pierre.
    Sweet. Sounds like I should get me some vinegar and cancel the scans! Wow.

so how's that going for you? other than the being a dick to everyone, we already know you have that one dialed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I go meatless 1-2x/week so I am only an asshole sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so how's that going for you? other than the being a dick to everyone, we already know you have that one dialed.
    You didn't honestly think I'd go vegan the day before Thanksgiving? Sure as hell have not actually gone vegan. The movie is a joke filled with stupid gimmicks, bad science and outright lies.

No, I didn't think you went vegan. Was just looking back at this thread and laughed at that post.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You didn't honestly think I'd go vegan the day before Thanksgiving? Sure as hell have not actually gone vegan. The movie is a joke filled with stupid gimmicks, bad science and outright lies.
    Thanks for the heads up. I really hate wasting time watching propaganda films.

Cellulose is murder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Cellulose is murder.
    "For the first time, researchers appear to have evidence that, like animals, plants can audibly vocalize their agony when deprived of water or forced to endure bodily harm."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...als-180973716/

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber, and took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmland of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay, a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots. The cries of the carrots.

You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust".

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah?
    Thank you, Jesus
    Move upside and let the man go through...

this
    is
    necessary

Mind giving your top 5 arguments against the film so that I can antagonize vegans?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Mind giving your top 5 arguments against the film so that I can antagonize vegans?
    Yes!

This please.

"For the first time, researchers appear to have evidence that, like animals, plants can audibly vocalize their agony when deprived of water or forced to endure bodily harm."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...als-180973716/
    C'mon man, why do you put that on me?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    James Cameron is the founder and CEO of Verdiant Foods, an enormous organic pea protein company. Just a slight conflict of interest.

The Gladitor thing was ridiculous. The study that they reference isn’t actually a study. It’s a short anecdotal article from a contributing writer to an archaeological journal (this is it: https://archive.archaeology.org/0811...gladiator.html). Gladiators were mostly slaves being fed gruel; they were often referred to as "hordearii" or "barley men" and it was a term of derision. Per the cited "study" they were also fat and had to drink "vile brews" of charred wood and bone ash to avoid calcium deficiency.

Regarding the Diaz-McGregor fight, they failed to mention that 1) McGregor went up 2 weight classes to fight Diaz and was at least 15-20 lbs lighter than Diaz in the ring; 2) McGregor beat Diaz in a later rematch; 3) while Diaz eats a lot less meat than McGregor, he's not actually vegan. A bunch of the other athletes they feature aren't strict vegans either, though they strongly imply that they are.

The strongman they feature heavily, Patrick Baboumian, is actually vegan but eats a metric fuckton of protein powders and supplements, competes in a strongman division that doesn't test for PEDs, and while he's definitely a strong dude he's far from one of the world's top strongman competitors. He did briefly hold a WR for yoke carry that has since been shattered by other competitors who eat tons of meat.

Kendrick Farris may be the USA's best Olympic lifter, but he's never finished better than 8th internationally. Why didn't they mention Ilya Ilyin of Kazakhstan, who is also a vegan and a 2x Olympic champion in the same weight class? Oh, right, he was later stripped of his titles for PED use.

The bench press/beet juice study they reference massively misrepresented the findings of that study. There's tons more misrepresentations like this, other egregious cherry-picking, use of small unreplicated studies published in 2nd- and 3rd-tier journals, and omissions of studies that don't support their claims. There's lots of articles out there where people have aggregated the various instances of this stuff. Also shitloads of stats pulled from epidemiological studies hopelessly confounded by healthy user bias.

The gorilla and "have you ever seen an ox eat meat?" shit is too stupid to dignify with a response.

OMG one hour of battle ropes! An hour that was clearly a staged reenactment of something that may or may not have actually happened, and even if it did, who gives a fuck that you can battle rope for an hour?

The views of the anthropologist interviewed at the end run counter to what virtually all respectable anthropologists believe. There's solid evidence showing ancient hominids were eating meat at least 2.5 million years years ago. FFS, chimps, our closest living relatives, hunt and eat monkeys all the time (and they're damn good at it). The implication that pre-agricultural humans were too weak and stupid to hunt effectively not only has no foundation in the archeological record, it's deeply insulting to those people and kinda racist.

Fuck, that's way more than five and I've wasted way too much time writing that.

I'm sure that film will be all the rage in Pugetopolis in 3...2...1...

Thanks Danthe. Love having the ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Conor McGregor came out of retirement yesterday and TKO'ed UFC's all-time wins leader Donald Cerrone in 40 seconds. Must have gone vegan.

I heard he clocked him with a zucchini he had hidden in his shorts.