Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Half a lime or lemon squeezed into a compatible la croix flavor, or even club soda, is dang tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, but she wouldn't give it to me.
    Are you saying I'M crazy? You're the one who's crazy.

Saw a commercial tonight for Henry's Hard Sparkling Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I love beans. The profuse flatulence, not so much.
    That's just good clean family fun, Cotton!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Watched that movie with my wife. I thought it was very good. One woman claimed she cured her own cancer by changing her diet.

After a long weekend to visit family in NC I need a reset. Whole 30 started today.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    After a long weekend to visit family in NC I need a reset. Whole 30 started today.
    Feeling the same way. Hence the visit to this thread.

How much should a active 6-2 man who does a lot of physical labor/activities weigh? BMI index does not help as the 145-198 seems like a huge range....

I'm prolly 210ish right now.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Feeling the same way. Hence the visit to this thread.

How much should a active 6-2 man who does a lot of physical labor/activities weigh? BMI index does not help as the 145-198 seems like a huge range....

I'm prolly 210ish right now.
    I don't think you will find one single answer. Because two people at the same height could have the same weight yet be miles apart re fitness and health.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How much should a active 6-2 man who does a lot of physical labor/activities weigh?
    Wrong question. Waist-hip ratio <0.9, total bodyfat <20% and preferably <15%. Worry about WHR first and total BF second. Visceral fat in your abdominal cavity is way, way unhealthier than subcutaneous fat: https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/n...to-life-span#1

For this purpose, measuring BF via the mirror test works fine

Wow, interesting... and also not too surprising. Thanks for sharing

Name:  quote-when-my-legs-hurt-i-say-shut-up-legs-do-what-i-tell-you-to-do-jens-voigt-76-28-53.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  50.5 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Wow, interesting... and also not too surprising. Thanks for sharing
    There's broad evidence that stimulation of your peripheral nervous system is crucial for the health of your central nervous system. Likewise with the CNS' awareness of the PNS. For example, anxiety and depression scores are highly and inversely correlated with your ability to accurately track your own heartbeat without feeling for a pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Name:  quote-when-my-legs-hurt-i-say-shut-up-legs-do-what-i-tell-you-to-do-jens-voigt-76-28-53.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  50.5 KB
    That's actually a pretty accurate synopsis of central governor theory.

There's broad evidence that stimulation of your peripheral nervous system is crucial for the health of your central nervous system. Likewise with the CNS' awareness of the PNS. For example, anxiety and depression scores are highly and inversely correlated with your ability to accurately track your own heartbeat without feeling for a pulse.

That's actually a pretty accurate synopsis of central governor theory.
    Isn't there also evidence that being barefoot some of the time is better than being in socks? Because you're able to stimulate nerves in your feet and the corresponding bits of your brain that otherwise don't get those signals.

Or maybe I just like being barefoot

So I know you frown on bread, but in relation to my previous fat question, you’d trim this or just chow down?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCE4D475-127A-46CD-9617-48E1252A8E14.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	237495

So what about the whole science of saturated vs unsaturated fats?

Pork chop i'd have a hard time not eating the fat, ham not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Isn't there also evidence that being barefoot some of the time is better than being in socks? Because you're able to stimulate nerves in your feet and the corresponding bits of your brain that otherwise don't get those signals.
    Yep. Your feet have as many nerve endings as your hands, lips and genitals. In most people they're starved for stimulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    So I know you frown on bread, but in relation to my previous fat question, you’d trim this or just chow down?
    Based on the quantity of cheese you seem to have there I'd guess that the amount of saturated fat you'd save by trimming the ham is inconsequential.

So what about the whole science of saturated vs unsaturated fats?
    Most past studies grouped trans fats and saturated fats together. When analyzed separately saturated fats alone do not increase risk of CVD. Saturated fat combined with high sugar and refined carb intake is not recommended, however.

Wrong question. Waist-hip ratio <0.9, total bodyfat <20% and preferably <15%. Worry about WHR first and total BF second. Visceral fat in your abdominal cavity is way, way unhealthier than subcutaneous fat: https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/n...to-life-span#1

For this purpose, measuring BF via the mirror test works fine
    Thanks! I'm looking like a slightly skinner 25-29er.

So when starting a new routine how long should one wait for results before going to more drastic measures?

Wait I thought cheese just got a green light, isn't that all Danno is eating, meat and cheese?
    Damn, just bought a loaf of Tillamook.
    I have to say, all this stuff takes a lot of perseverance with no weight or other problems. Just attempting proactive preventative maintenance over here.

The non sugar drinks are nice for late at night though. Good to not hammer all that sugar before bed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCE4D475-127A-46CD-9617-48E1252A8E14.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	237495
    A raw porkchop sandwich?

more drastic measures?
    What do you consider a drastic measure? Unless you eat canned cake frosting on the reg, sweet beverages are probably the worst thing in your diet and the easiest to eliminate. Cut those first. Then cake/cookies/etc. and/or anything whose main ingredients are starch/flour and oil, e.g. fries, chips, crackers, particularly the deep fried stuff. If "and" feels too drastic, pick the one you eat most of.

Wait I thought cheese just got a green light, isn't that all Danno is eating, meat and cheese?
    Damn, just bought a loaf of Tillamook.
    Cheese is situationally dependent. Cheese, olives, cold cuts and veggies? All good. Cheese fries? Nachos? No.

All I was saying was that there's already a fair amount of saturated fat on that sammich between the cheese and intramuscular fat in the ham, so trimming the ham isn't going to make much of a difference either way.

Well I was gonna cut out the major carbs like bread, pasta, spuds and rice.

Start drinking 1-2 gin and diet tonics instead of 4 (give or take) beers.

And quit hitting the reefer after dinner to drastically cut down the munchies.

I really don't eat much sugar. But I will definitely be aware next time I'm thinking of a PBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Get some boomers & retrain your brain to be happy without sauce. It takes time but doable and worthwhile. Just need something that lets the brain feel rewarded and ask yourself if you need booze.
    Boomers? Like shrooms? Not for me man. Makes me paranoid. I'll stick to a moderate consumption of booze!

Edit- but you make a good point. I should just quit. Fucking horrible for you. I have done it in the past but always go back once I lose the chub..

Diet tonic water.