Kissed By God Premiere

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Anyone able to catch this. Looks really good. No showings near me.

Am sure you've seen by now Skideeppow, but more dates and locales have been added. Well worth traveling an hour or two to see. We're getting a showing in Alta, so I'm sure you'll get one in Aspen eventually. Not quite sure what I was expecting (if anything), but was a little different from what I thought it'd be like. Todd and Steve did a excellent job with it though. It's the kind of film that leaves you thinking and sticks with you for days afterwards. I followed Kelly back when he was coming up, but then stopped following pro surfing until about 5 or 6 years ago. So, I missed the whole Andy/Kelly rivalry period .... that must've been sick to watch unfold! Was also really cool to see just how badass both Bruce and Andy were/are. The part that left the greatest impression on me though was the opiod/oxy use and the fact that it is basically heroin in a pill form. Go see it as soon as you get the chance; think you'll dig it.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

I'll second Xover's take. Like him, I didn't follow pro surfing in that era so came into it with no preconceptions about the rivalry and Andy. The film wasn't soft on him, and it really swung my feelings about him multiple times.

I don't think I was the only one sucked in as there wasn't a damn peep by any one in the packed theater over the last 30 minutes of the film. The silence made it even more powerful.

I saw it last Thursday night and it was pretty amazing. I thought they did a good job, they didn't pull any punches. I'm really glad I got to see it in a theater. We had to go to Orange to catch it, it was sold out in HB, Newport, Aliso Viejo and Irvine.

I would highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Am sure you've seen by now Skideeppow, but more dates and locales have been added. Well worth traveling an hour or two to see. We're getting a showing in Alta, so I'm sure you'll get one in Aspen eventually. Not quite sure what I was expecting (if anything), but was a little different from what I thought it'd be like. Todd and Steve did a excellent job with it though. It's the kind of film that leaves you thinking and sticks with you for days afterwards. I followed Kelly back when he was coming up, but then stopped following pro surfing until about 5 or 6 years ago. So, I missed the whole Andy/Kelly rivalry period .... that must've been sick to watch unfold! Was also really cool to see just how badass both Bruce and Andy were/are. The part that left the greatest impression on me though was the opiod/oxy use and the fact that it is basically heroin in a pill form. Go see it as soon as you get the chance; think you'll dig it.
    When's the Alta showing? I don't see it listed on the website.

Will try and get you an exact date Jtran .... last week I was told in a few months.

Will try and get you an exact date Jtran .... last week I was told in a few months.
    definitely will be interested!

Andy forever will be a legend

Bet you're stoked for July 12th Skideeppow

NJ Pine Barrens via Leucadia, CA via Long Beach Island, NJ
    Has a DVD or digital download release date been discussed yet? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by LBInjSurfer View Post
    Has a DVD or digital download release date been discussed yet? Thanks for any info you can provide.
    They told me in the fall

Jtran, you see the Gateway show scheduled for July 19?

Playing in JH on Pearl St...happy that i got to see it there...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0966.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	244817

The Tangerine Dream outside the JH Cinema...

Jtran, you see the Gateway show scheduled for July 19?
    Oh damn, I missed it. Looks like it's November in Alta: https://www.tetongravity.com/films/a...-kissed-by-god

I'm heading up to Alta for the showing tonight. Anyone else?