Mammoth Mags...Lawsuit???

I just got a check for a few hundred from the Paul Story v. Mammoth settlement fund. I have some vague memory of some class action lawsuit but for the life of me can't remember what it was about. Anybody else get a check, anybody know details, can we still blame Rob Story

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

What happened to Paul Story?

So apparently this Story guy received a sales call from Mammoth and sued? Seems kinda weird.

I mean, I get robo called like 3x a week and I don't get checks. What was the difference here?
    Live Free or Die

So some guy named Scott gets a sales call hutash gets a check for a few hundred? Sounds fair, I guess.

Hey hutash, I think you need to find this guy and send him a thank you letter. Or you could roll the dice and send it back to Mammoth with a letter explaining that you're die hard mammoth fan and that you think this belongs to them and see if they reward you with a free season pass or something more valuable than a few Benjamins.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOUR...-2_14-cv-02422

Seems to say you needed to file a settlement claim to be part of the class though (paragraph 4 in the March 13 pdf doc). Did you?
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I vaguely recall getting one of those class action form letters. I honestly don't recall anything about it, or how I responded. I figured it was one of the usual sue AT&T type thing and get a check for $1.30, if that much.

I wonder if Micheal Cohen was the lead attorney on this one?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Omg, that is classic, lol!!!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I got a $4 check from red bull once because someone said it didn't give them actual wings

And I don't even drink red bull

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Damn, if got a few hundred for every improper robo call I get I'd be richer than Donald Trump. I need to find me some legal representation.

Call Dan Samas

iscariot

Wow, you scored!

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Wow, you scored!
    Damn it. I always toss those stupid class action letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I just got the check yesterday. $328. I called mammoth to ask about it when first got the notice earlier this year and they said to absolutely collect on it. I told them I thought the lawsuit was BS and I didnt want to take their money but they said if everyone who got the notice didn't collect, theyd be paying the $1m and change to Paul Story's law firm regardless.

Shitty for mammoth but I won't complain about collecting checks. I'd sure like to tell Paul story he is a cunt though.. hope he gets a dirty look Everytime his pass gets scanned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Got $350. Pleasant surprise although not as good as the time I got a 4 figure check from the University of CA because a law student sued them for changing the graduate student fees mid stream in the degree. Now that was a nice surprise! Figures it was a law student!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Mammoth Mags...Lawsuit???

What was the gist of this lawsuit anyway?

Edit: are you fucking kidding me?!

http://thesheetnews.com/2017/12/29/j...hit-the-slopes

I read the headline here quickly and wondered why telemarkers were suing:

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...on-settlement/

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What was the gist of this lawsuit anyway?

Edit: are you fucking kidding me?!

http://thesheetnews.com/2017/12/29/j...hit-the-slopes
    Thanks, question answered. Most of it will go right back to Mammoth in the way of $9 beers though.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Thanks, question answered. Most of it will go right back to Mammoth in the way of $9 beers though.
    Your sig seems to fit this thread perfectly.

Had a check show up yesterday.
    Do not remember signing up for anything either.
    The hill is like Vegas though.
    They eventually end up with all your money. We will be giving it back to them starting Monday morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post
    I just got the check yesterday. $328. I called mammoth to ask about it when first got the notice earlier this year and they said to absolutely collect on it. I told them I thought the lawsuit was BS and I didnt want to take their money but they said if everyone who got the notice didn't collect, theyd be paying the $1m and change to Paul Story's law firm regardless.

Shitty for mammoth but I won't complain about collecting checks. I'd sure like to tell Paul story he is a cunt though.. hope he gets a dirty look Everytime his pass gets scanned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Well give the money to the Mammoth Corporation then, and write a letter to the California Public Utilities Commission saying you don't think a public resource like telephone poles (I guess you think each company even a startup should be allowed to put big stuff in your backyard) should have oversight (or the oversight should be toothless).