Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Well done doods! Brings a tear to my eye.
    X2
    Super well done!
    #bbimakingsummitsgreatagain

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    solisundays on
    I gots a pass for ya if needed
    bmc says hes middle back row moonunit
    im village peeps in it to get ice and brock n yetis a pass
    got burgers vodka blackberry's and the onward thru the fog retro past pots as well as futures for the smokin of the greens and beverages of Irish lore
    sfotex is in and bringing the minimaggot groms
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Cool, kiddo and I have one soli day left each so we're set. Be up 1ish maybe.

Sorry folks I didn't take any rad pictures, but thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you k00ks, as always. Special thanks to sfb, whose farts I will happily sniff on the skin track, and Mrs. sfb for being such gracious hosts Friday. Thanks to flowing alpy, who got the whole BBI rolling after many years since the days of the minis. Great to meet old friends and make new ones. Even better to meet former online adversaries and call them friends IRL. Always fantastic to see what a ripping crew that the mags repraZent. You guys r00l!!

Now off to BBIYurp, and this time I'll take more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Happy for you, -J --
    I hope it has been a Good trip in many ways --
    ( I hope your Mrs. is with you and enjoying the time... )

wishing you. a Safe trip home...

I hope in 2021, we can both be party to a similar event (!)

congratulations (!) and Thank you
    ( this year, I had to 'live vicariously through you' ) ...
    I hope it worked out for The Best !

and Thank you ! to all the mags who made this happen and participated - with special 'shout-outs' to SFB ( and Mrs. ) , Bob The legend (baker) , and to the founder of the sponsorship thread ( alpy (? I think, maybe. I will have to look ) ...
    splat deserves special mention, too !

finally - reluctantly - as your wkend ends, Please have a Good thought for ElChup. tonight - Please...

More than fifteen years...
    I still do love this place (mostly)(!)
    Thank you to tgr for hosting this community of skiers and riders... .

With my Respect. tj
    Thanks man, it’s been meaningful in so many ways....2nd run on pow morning thursday I damn near cried out of joy and relief...it’s been a big, timely influx of soul. This is a fine group of people we have going, I love you all.

very bummed to have missed this, looks amazing

11:30 meet up in solly lot 1? i’ll look for yas

19BBIU March14-17 2019

EoB, 2Qs: how is that awesome mobile boot dryer tube attached to the vents ?
    AND how hard were Brock's nipples from skiing in that get up?

So much win in this thread!
    Bummed couldnt pull off Norseman style and slay all the bbis this year but it was family first and yurp instead.

But said family just made it official and accepted enrollment in the honors college at U of U next year, so I'm going to be down that way a bit over the next couple years.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    So much win in this thread!
    Bummed couldnt pull off Norseman style and slay all the bbis this year but it was family first and yurp instead.

But said family just made it official and accepted enrollment in the honors college at U of U next year, so I'm going to be down that way a bit over the next couple years.

congrats to you and yours, sir!

I'd have liked to have been there for this but the dates did not work out for me and i actually skied beginning last Friday and left Thursday. Looks like it was a ton of fun and would be good to put names to faces. Lots of old bastards like myself. Conditions were fantastic when i was there and glad to see they were excellent for the posse as well. Amazed at the hospitality and generosity displayed by all. Next BBI Utahi is 2020??

At soli, about to start walking to eagle. Sickles, black pants, rust orange jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    At soli, about to start walking to eagle. Sickles, black pants, rust orange jacket.
    Sorry to miss you... was looking forward to sharing some turns. Word around the campfire is that you're a mediocre skier.

----

I'm sitting at the terminal in SEA, soon headed to Yurp. I had such a fun time in Utah! Thanks, friends.

Lots of pictures on my camera, but they'll have to wait!

Somebody double-tagged me. Approved!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3625.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	274536

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	274537

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

The last time I saw Yeti at Solitude he was charging hard on Scott skis (P4s?) and then he finished the day doing parking lot donuts in his Subaru, windows down, blasting 2 Live Crew. So this morning I skated three laps at the Solitude Nordic Center and then skied for a few hours at the resort hoping to run into some BBI folks, but with no luck. I saw people skiing in kilts, lots of people having a good time, and a fun spring vibe, plus walk on lifts even though the parking lot was full. Overall, maybe conditions would have been better this past week with daily refills but otherwise this has been almost as good as it gets in the Wasatch. Whatever sacrifice the BBI organizers made to Ullr, it definitely worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    You and yours have made an excellent choice. Go Utes!

Well hell, where to start. Maybe some gratitude.

Thanks to every one of you who took the time to get in on this Ski bum gathering. Plainly the force is strong here. By being a part of it, you made it great.

Thanks to Skifishbum for sponsoring the whole event, the dinner at his mansion, and free skiing at Soli for a coupla days. You are one cool cat and I am sincerely happy to have you as my friend. Mrs. SFB is really great as well and I would be thrilled to host you two in JH anytime.

Thanks to theFugitive and his family who hosted me at their residence when only he had met me once, for about 15 mins for a clandestine ski buy in subterfuge filled Tetonia. His wonderful wife and pleasant kids took me in and I was free to roll my own program. My own room, bed and bathroom. All close to SFB's place and the canyons. I love Fluffy, JJ, Echo, Lola and Old Mar. Love that pup much and now my friends.
    And baby Oreo. Love love, love.

Thanks to Flowing for being my Partner in Time for Skinanigans. I have such fun with you, frankly, it's hard to get a bead on. Years of ski bumming methinks. You're an Ace my friend.

Thanks to all of you SLC mags, so cool to put faces with the doers of the 'satch. Even in the Big shitty, a truly core set of local, hardcore ski bums shines out thru the smog. I'd put you guys up against anybody. Top fucking shelf.

Thanks to you mags who got here easily or thru hell. 60/40 to the latter, though. Some of the approach stories were amazing. Like summiting a big peak or scoring with the prom queen. Way to persevere and enrich the experience. One mag, in ten minutes, can score more cred than half the planet.
    So many hilarious moments: President of Soli, Brock Landers; Fugi's ski tip flopping every turn; Laughing so hard with Ice, Splat and Flowing on the chair up; Tagging the shit outta that place; SVS' travel woes; Zinc oxide on the bong; The bong itself was pretty fucking funny too; SVS taking a seat, after taking a mega hit.

I wish there was enough time to spend with everyone but it remains a challenge. I tried to connect with most everyone but did not get hang like i'da preferred; MBB, Gepeto, Bobmc, SFB, and on and on, all of you.

IAS - I knew I'd like you. You're cool, ski like a mofo and welcome as my guest in JH anytime brother.

SVS - way to hang tough, dog. Earning your cred. No fucking Posers.
    Sandy is smiling. Bet.

The people kicked ass. The skiing kicked ass. The socializing and conversation kicked ass. 4 days straight of WHAT SKIING IS

Sfb - did you happen to find a wallet at your house from Friday? Buddy is looking for his

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Sfb - did you happen to find a wallet at your house from Friday? Buddy is looking for his
    Is your buddy from the East coast?
    Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Is your buddy from the East coast?
    Asking for a friend...
    Haha

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    negative and at this point the house has been searched for multiple items by multiple people multiple times
    and its on the list for the next search session
    solisundaydidn'tsuck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Thanks man, it’s been meaningful in so many ways....2nd run on pow morning thursday I damn near cried out of joy and relief...it’s been a big, timely influx of soul. This is a fine group of people we have going, I love you all.
    That run we took in honeycomb when we lost the group was a good one that I will not forget! Was great to meet you, I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Name:	IMG_2981.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	703.8 KB 
ID:	274606

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	274607

Name:	IMG_2976.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	274609

Name:	IMG_2971.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	274610

Name:	IMG_2951.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	274611

Name:	IMG_2941.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	274612

ill advised - i’m fully expecting a follow up thread on your death trenchers, that was some funny shit

Sandy is smiling. Bet. [/QUOTE]

Absolutely!

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk