Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

19BBIU March14-17 2019

Now that is Supergoat terrain Tuco. Is that sidecountry?

Wolverine Cirque. Not even 1/2 of it

i wonder if i could falling leaf from the top

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180324_130712299_BURST000_COVER.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	244808

Depends. Sometimes way faster than you'd like, but on this dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180325_150048088.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	665.7 KB 
ID:	244811saw nobody and heard 0 voices. The skiing was fantastic. It's definitely not the old days round here anymore tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i wonder if i could falling leaf from the top
    We’ve got people who can teach ya.

Name:	IMG_0953.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	244816

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

19BBIU March14-17 2019

Just got an email that Solitude and Brighton are now on Ikon pass. Good for me to save $$, but maybe bad for locals now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unlimited days at Solitude on the Ikon pass means I'm going to try to attend this Utaharded BBI event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Unlimited days at Solitude on the Ikon pass means I'm going to try to attend this Utaharded BBI event.
    Yep, that addition makes it really tough to say no to driving up that way.

Name:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  33.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

19BBIU March14-17 2019

Wow that’s huge
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-27-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Now all we need is Alpental on Ikon

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Now all we need is Alpental on Ikon

Lmao

It's like you knew...

https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/20...e-announcement

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yep, that addition makes it really tough to say no to driving up that way.

Name:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  33.3 KB
    with this being the case, why would anyone buy a solitude or brighton season pass or the big cottonwood (like i did) when all you need is the ikon and you can hit also jackson and then mammoth in the spring, plus you have your alta/bird passes?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I gots 3700 square foots
    There's 3 spare bedrooms with beds
    Bunch of other rooms mostly filled with my stuffs
    A significant other
    Or havin been round 1/2 a century
    Would increase your bedroom odds
    Other than that we'll find a place for anyone who needs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

talked w a fairly high up at brighton today, they were definitively concerned w all the new ikon and max pass that travelling people were going to try and park in the lots. not to beat a dead horse regarding parking up canyon, but spread the heads up to friends if they are thinking about this option.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    talked w a fairly high up at brighton today, they were definitively concerned w all the new ikon and max pass that travelling people were going to try and park in the lots. not to beat a dead horse regarding parking up canyon, but spread the heads up to friends if they are thinking about this option.
    As in, people trying to camp up there?

I don't understand why these rocky mountain resorts seem to have such a problem with it. Literally every PNW resort allows in some degree or another, and if anything I end up spending more money at the hill than I would have otherwise. My wife goes to the gift shop and buys a t-shirt, we both go get a latte, etc PLUS the daily parking rate. If we were just day skiing we wouldn't have spent any of that most likely.

It may be that most/many/some of the parking lots are in avalanche paths? If interlodge becomes an issue that could become a headache fast.

Also, almost all of these resorts have base area lodging, which PNW resorts do not have, so they have an incentive to not allow overnight camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

I don't understand why these rocky mountain resorts seem to have such a problem with it. Literally every PNW resort allows in some degree or another, and if anything I end up spending more money at the hill than I would have otherwise. My wife goes to the gift shop and buys a t-shirt, we both go get a latte, etc PLUS the daily parking rate. If we were just day skiing we wouldn't have spent any of that most likely.
    yeah sorry, parking overnight. potentially lots of people using the new passes and thinking they will park and camp. i think there is a potential solution down the road, and i see the pitfalls etc. just a heads up to people if they are unaware of the situation

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I gots 3700 square foots
    There's 3 spare bedrooms with beds
    Bunch of other rooms mostly filled with my stuffs
    A significant other
    Or havin been round 1/2 a century
    Would increase your bedroom odds
    Other than that we'll find a place for anyone who needs
    sfb...

Your offer is outstandingly generous Thank you...
    Please , give yeti and Mrs. the chance to accept one of your rooms
    ( seems like he has at least A connection... )

I'm a hermit - but If I get to utah(,) I should stop by with a contribution for supper ( like ice cream and brats. Ha! )

anyway.
    I Just wanted to say,. 'Thank you' ! !!!

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Definitely can't pass up attending my first BBI when it's on our local hills. I'm inking those dates now!

As for traveling Maggots looking for a place to stay, we "most likely" have rooms for a few folks (still need to get the official buy in from the SO). We live in the PC area (just off I-80 near the top of Parley's Summit, not all the way into downtown PC), so you'd probably want a car to drive back and forth between our place and the Cottonwood Canyons, SLC and/or PC. Also, since we're gonna get one of those sweet Utah spring storms that week, a 4x4 or AWD ride is highly recommended.

Similar to SkiFishBum, couples and/or maturity get higher priority for a room.

PM me if yer interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

I don't understand
    checking further into utah.

seems to be under the banner of heaven.

will look into it further

Name:	Wasatch-Raymond's 045.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	245995
    Last edited by byates1; 09-01-2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: blockchain

So far the list is one Odd Duck, maybe a hermit and a ton of Maggots.

What a crew...Gonna be rad fun.

FWIW - I hear some trepidation out there on ' not being able to hang'. I hope no one feels they can't participate 'cuz they're not experts. (triple negative). BBI 18Boze proved out with a lot of experts skiing casually with new friends.

I would continue to encourage less likely players to really work to make this onto their calendar. It's snow and mountains and ski bums and partying and meeting new people who love what you love.

It's worth the hassle. Buy the ticket. Take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    Definitely can't pass up attending my first BBI when it's on our local hills. I'm inking those dates now!

As for traveling Maggots looking for a place to stay, we "most likely" have rooms for a few folks (still need to get the official buy in from the SO). We live in the PC area (just off I-80 near the top of Parley's Summit, not all the way into downtown PC), so you'd probably want a car to drive back and forth between our place and the Cottonwood Canyons, SLC and/or PC. Also, since we're gonna get one of those sweet Utah spring storms that week, a 4x4 or AWD ride is highly recommended.

Similar to SkiFishBum, couples and/or maturity get higher priority for a room.

PM me if yer interested.
    What about dogs?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    What about dogs?
    I know that you're inquiring about lodging, but I thought it would be helpful to out of town maggots to know that there are no dogs allowed in the Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon watersheds. If you bring your pups, make sure you have a place for them to stay while you're up shredding Soli or Alta/bird.