Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Can you drive up and park easily or is it better to take bus? Thanks for all the info. Staying in Salt Lake City makes this a lot more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

BCC doesn't close too often for control work, although traffic can be bad, and will be bad if it snows on a weekend day. Key is to leave early before it gets bad.

LCC is a clusterfuck if there is a closure on the weekend (road usually closes 6-8am roughly). The key to skiing pow in LCC on a weekend is going up before the closure (up canyon by 545ish).

Staying in SLC is totally viable. Lots of hotels in Murray-Sandy area with reasonable rates generally.

The bus works okay, but if you have a 4WD/AWD vehicle here driving will be more convenient. Mag carpools will be the best way to do BBIUT in either canyon and are easy to facilitate.

i just started looking at places around solitude/ brighton and some of you know of my love of a-frames. it's so ski lodge-y
    https://www.vrbo.com/505099

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    What is the main plan for skiing, what days and where?
    bell to bell all days but expecting safety stops and a solitude shack tour
    add on an extra day or two in case a few of us can hit up an area or two prior and/or after the main festivities
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

this is my kind of day, even if i can't keep up

Can flatlanders attend? Anyone fast enough to keep up with a tomahawk down Honeycomb? If so, I’m workin on it!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

i just started looking at places around solitude/ brighton and some of you know of my love of a-frames. it's so ski lodge-y
    https://www.vrbo.com/505099....
    That place is perfect ski lodge experience. I'm guessing you'll have no problem filling it up, but if a parking spot for a minivan is available and some space to dry gear I'd gladly chip in. Money, case of good wine, beer, you name it.

19BBIU March14-17 2019

https://www.vrbo.com/505099

add on an extra day or two in case a few of us can hit up an area or two prior and/or after the main festivities
    That seems like a good deal for where it’s at. But Idk anything about the area. I was looking at 1 or small 2 bedroom condos for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Can flatlanders attend? Anyone fast enough to keep up with a tomahawk down Honeycomb? If so, I’m workin on it!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I can tomahawk. I hope I get at least one tomahawk fall in at one of the BBIs. Hopefully in soft snow, but I get what I’m given..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I know you have you’re thought process on that weekend, but man that seems strange to me. Whatevs, I’m in. Que the “R” word jokes...

See. I knew you had a method.

I can only make the Thursday of Alpy, then preplanned trip. Bummer! Hope there’s a good showing of mags that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I can only make the Thursday of Alpy, then preplanned trip. Bummer! Hope there’s a good showing of mags that day.
    See you Thursday. My theory - Never hurts to get in some weekday skiing before weekend skiing.

Threads. I've never skied in Utah. Growing up with parents that don't ski I always heard Utah was the place to go skiing. If I can swing it this sounds like about the best way to try it out.

I'm pretty strong for this, likey with ms. MT in tow. Being from, and at ,the deep south mah whole life, on mah best day I could'nt qualify to carry most of ya'lls skis. and my best days are about 10 years under the bridge. But fuck it.

all you can do is laugh!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I'm pretty strong for this, likey with ms. MT in tow. Being from, and at ,the deep south mah whole life, on mah best day I could'nt qualify to carry most of ya'lls skis. and my best days are about 10 years under the bridge. But fuck it.

all you can do is laugh!
    BBI attendees are more judged by attitude (kindness, friendlyness, contributeyness, bbq skills, marinated meats provided) and ability to not embarrass oneself while indulging in (liquour, beer, bud)(ps you'll be a hit if you bring some SE moonshine) rather than ski ability. What I've found is there is always someone better on skis than you, and there is also someone a lot more of a beaterkook than you. And no one really cares, everybody just wants to just grill and indulge, with a sprinkling of ski runs here and there.

TLDR:, it's a good time, just plan on having fun, go with the flow, don't be a mooch and laugh a little while out on skis.

What he said. Try to keep up on skis, it's always fun to chase better skiers, but don't be afraid to back off things, break into other groups on the way down or even ride different lifts. The guides have been good about splitting and matching the pace of anyone who shows up.

What they said. Bring lamb belly bacon. Mmmm, bacon....

I'd like to get to the Utah party, too.

I'll be going low-budget style and would greatly appreciate a spare piece of floor to crash upon if they aren't all spoken for. Getting my place in line now, I guess, if it works that way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'd like to get to the Utah party, too.

I'll be going low-budget style and would greatly appreciate a spare piece of floor to crash upon if they aren't all spoken for. Getting my place in line now, I guess, if it works that way.

Thanks
    I hear ya. Gonna have to dirt bag it myself to make it work.

Will there be a raffle or anything going on?
    I probably can find something cool to donate if so.

I’ve travelled with large groups to SLC. There are some condo rentals near the tennis club right next to the bus stop at bcc. They sleep 10 or more comfortably.
    Would be dirt cheap for a dirt bagging large group and a good base camp. Just a suggestion.

Have this on the radar, Soli is my all time favorite resort to ski in Utah. In a strange bbi twist, my sis in law just took a 2 yr teaching gig in China and for the first time in 25yrs I wont have crash space in SLC. I may have to work around some kid ski race stuff to make the dates work, dunno yet but hopeful to make this one too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Move upside and let the man go through...

it's snow! slide, fall down, go boom, laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I’ve travelled with large groups to SLC. There are some condo rentals near the tennis club right next to the bus stop at bcc. They sleep 10 or more comfortably.
    Would be dirt cheap for a dirt bagging large group and a good base camp. Just a suggestion.
    I'd be interested if this goes down. Else I'm staying in the van. Hopefully can convince @Homebrewd to wander west with me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Mmmm, bacon....
    "Can't you see..."

Trip keeps sounding better and better. Trying to shuffle around some plans I already had for that week so I can make it...