Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1026
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,033
    Funny. I had no idea. I have to dig out a picture I have of my buddy with a case of Coors bought in Evanston, WY on our way to SLC, cuz we were scared about lack of beer, (w/alcohol in it), in Utah. This was 1982. JHC Iím old.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    43,572
    makin plans
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    633
    Too late to call dibs on floor space?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Skifishbum - Deliverin' the goods -



    Thanks for getting the ball rolling; peeps been asking!

    I, for one, have tattooed the dates.


    And consider, Mags: anyone interested in skiing at JH either the week before or after, let me know. We want to make it an option for those who can swing it or need heps making it happen.

    Myself, possibly SkiJ and Maybe LittleBigLost will be attempting to make it a mini summit for those who like Teton village/Targhee and Kelly canyon. Shooting for the week (end) before BBI19 Soli

    This is decidedly Secondary to the Big Show in Utardia.

    Thanks to Flowing as well...Peace, Safety, Mediocrity.

    Thanks, Dj...

    Definitely aiming for 'ghee / KC March 8-9 - ishÖ

    KC is 'BigLost other Home ; The 'ghee is Grand targhee ( 'nough said )


    Ewwwwwh -tah may be a stretch for this fat , old , Boy. ( and I am watchin' )


    fwiw. 'BigLost has a date with injustice next month...

    ( +vibes+ Please... it is hard on him... . . . )


    Dj... How is Beartooth (?)


    yo. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

    Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

    Get out there and do stuff!

    Enjoy life to the fullest!!

    See you on the slopes! "

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,116
    How does driving up BCC on a powder day compare to driving up LCC? Is it doable? I canz stay in SLC? Where do locals recommend staying?

    Trail map of Soli looks rad. Lots of stuff on the honeycomb canyon side. And that Aevergreene area near the Brighton side.

    Whats the sidecountry like at Brighton? Do I need to skin, or can I traverse and boot pack? I got my beaconxshovelxprobe ready.

    Iíll be hitting LCC on this trip too.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,109
    Scoped airline tickets for this timeframe and I expect to be able to make it. Been a while since I skied in Utah, damn.

    ----

    I have an idea that I'd like to present to the board.

    The best thing about these parties is meeting cool folks and getting a taste of the local flavors... excellent tourguiding on the mountain, skiing with rippers, good conversation, quality garnish, and generally soul-smiling with the locdogs & friends in their comfortable mountain habitat.

    However, inevitably somebody brings up a sentimental point. Places get busier and more expensive, that's a predictable one. The ones about missing old friends hit hardest. "Man, remember that dude who used to ski here? I wish he could be here now. Anyone heard from him?"

    Since this is a highly centralized location for a ski summit, and conveniently next to a decent sized airport, I think we should do what we can to get the tribe together... especially those who might wish to attend but might not otherwise have the means to travel.

    So, I'd like to set up a "Sponsor a Mag" system to help out the deserving.

    To start, I'll put up $100 to a travel fund for Yeti.

    I've never met him but respect his viewpoints, stories, and sense of humanity, and I'd like for him to be included in this gathering (if he's able and interested). I understand that he's spent a bit of time skiing in Utah, but now lives in the midwest and doesn't get the opportunity to ski big hills much anymore. Maybe if we can scrape together enough coins, we could fly him and his wife out for a little vacation.

    What do you guys think? If this sucks or is offensive, I'll take it down.

    Of course, we could do something like this for the other summits as well. BBi Alpy is similarly close to a good airport.

    Not all here are rich dentistes.

    A separate thread might be more appropriate for this effort, eh? Gathering thoughts here first.

    ---

    Also, let's change the fucking thread title to show the correct year.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Scoped airline tickets for this timeframe and I expect to be able to make it. Been a while since I skied in Utah, damn.

    ----

    I have an idea that I'd like to present to the board.

    The best thing about these parties is meeting cool folks and getting a taste of the local flavors... excellent tourguiding on the mountain, skiing with rippers, good conversation, quality garnish, and generally soul-smiling with the locdogs & friends in their comfortable mountain habitat.

    However, inevitably somebody brings up a sentimental point. Places get busier and more expensive, that's a predictable one. The ones about missing old friends hit hardest. "Man, remember that dude who used to ski here? I wish he could be here now. Anyone heard from him?"

    Since this is a highly centralized location for a ski summit, and conveniently next to a decent sized airport, I think we should do what we can to get the tribe together... especially those who might wish to attend but might not otherwise have the means to travel.

    So, I'd like to set up a "Sponsor a Mag" system to help out the deserving.

    To start, I'll put up $100 to a travel fund for Yeti.

    I've never met him but respect his viewpoints, stories, and sense of humanity, and I'd like for him to be included in this gathering (if he's able and interested). I understand that he's spent a bit of time skiing in Utah, but now lives in the midwest and doesn't get the opportunity to ski big hills much anymore. Maybe if we can scrape together enough coins, we could fly him and his wife out for a little vacation.

    What do you guys think? If this sucks or is offensive, I'll take it down.

    Of course, we could do something like this for the other summits as well. BBi Alpy is similarly close to a good airport.

    Not all here are rich dentistes.

    A separate thread might be more appropriate for this effort, eh? Gathering thoughts here first.

    ---

    Also, let's change the fucking thread title to show the correct year.
    I would also throw in $100 to get Yetiman out to BBI.

    I am debating flying or driving. What is camper scene like in the BCC or LCC? Fairly limited, right? That may sway things one way or another.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,988
    I really want to do this but looking into hotel accommodations it looks like I may be out priced. Any local mags have floor/couch space avail?? Maybe a VRBO opportunity?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    N ID
    Posts
    190
    slotting in as a maybe, it'll depend on how much the fresh human eats into fun time/money
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Maybe a VRBO opportunity?
    and bbi supports quality maggots
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,544
    Can someone who speaks rasta poet translate dibs post for American English speakers? Specifically I need to know what days will be spent where? I think I was able to decipher something about SFB not liking the LCC, and that Solitude and Brighton are on the list...

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,109
    I think you pretty much got it.

    I'd expect no firm itinerary to stick, even if demanded. Herding cats, and all.

    We can request an outline, I suppose. Yo SFB!
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,988
    Pick the mountains and the days. Worked great at BBI Montucky.
    Fri- Solitude, Sat-Brighton, Sun- wherever. ?? I may extend to get some skiing at the Bird or Alta.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Pick the mountains and the days. Worked great at BBI Montucky.
    Fri- Solitude, Sat-Brighton, Sun- wherever. ?? I may extend to get some skiing at the Bird or Alta.
    I'm thinking Fly in Sun, Mon: Alta, Tue: PowMow, Wed: Bird, Thurs: Rest/mellow day somewhere? and then Friday - Sunday Soli/Bright then fly home. But we'll see.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm thinking Fly in Sun, Mon: Alta, Tue: PowMow, Wed: Bird, Thurs: Rest/mellow day somewhere? and then Friday - Sunday Soli/Bright then fly home. But we'll see.
    No Teton Vill?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    No Teton Vill?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Not if I fly. Too much driving and too expensive

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,116

    19BBIU March14-17 2018

    For sure. I probably will save my JH trip for earlier in the Winter anyways. Iíll definitely be hitting alta and bird either before or after the event.

    Iím looking at lodging now. Trying to figure out how road conditions are there, on snow days. Would love to just stay in SLC and drive.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    For sure. I probably will save my JH trip for another Winter anyways so my broke ass can afford going to bbi alpy.

    Iím looking at lodging now. Amazed at how affordable cabins near alpental are.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fify

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm thinking Fly in Sun, Mon: Alta, Tue: PowMow, Wed: Bird, Thurs: Rest/mellow day somewhere? and then Friday - Sunday Soli/Bright then fly home. But we'll see.
    I could possibly shift to coincide

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,111
    I should be around. Will be working Thurs-Sat this winter but may be able to take a day or 2 off for one of the days in BCC. Happy to show mags around Alta/Bird before or after the official festivities!

    Outside chance I can offer some couch/floor space but would have to clear it with the wife unit. Parking is somewhat limited at my house as well.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm thinking Fly in Sun, Mon: Alta, Tue: PowMow, Wed: Bird, Thurs: Rest/mellow day somewhere? and then Friday - Sunday Soli/Bright then fly home. But we'll see.
    I would make your rest/ mellow day powmow. Unless it snows. You'll see why when you get there

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    43,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    No Teton Vill?
    17BBI@JH is already in the history books
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    43,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    and bbi supports quality maggots
    which is why the 19BBI raffle can support a mag!
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    mouth of BCC
    Posts
    1,411
    Count me in for a c-note to get Yeti back to Utah

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by F#*k You Cat; 07-20-2018 at 05:50 PM.
    POWDER SKIER
    COLD RAIN and SNOW

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    17BBI@JH is already in the history books
    I thought 2funky was hitting up JH before/after BBI, but looks like people are sticking around Utah. Thatís A-OK with me, I want to ski Utah more often and never get to. This is my chance, and it will be nice to be with fellow mags.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •