Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 19BBIU March14-17 2019

Did they get rid of the one-ride ticket at Solitude? That would put you up much higher to start your tour.

For other full days, people like me with ikon passes can get 25% off tickets for visitors. I can't commit to helping anyone out yet though, I may be out of town. If I'm around I'll help.

It’s hard to know my schedule that far out, but I try to get up 1 or 2 afternoon’s a week. If it works out I’m happy to pick you up at the airport and make some turns.

Is your flight to Switzerland on United? That’s about when my flight leaves too.

I'm going back to SEA to hug the wife and kid, retool the pack, and sleep... then out 3/17 via Iceland Air.

Bobby... thanks for the offer. Is your schedule crystallized? Don't bail from skiing if you're already in the hills just to pick up my ass

Well that could work out pretty well!

What is it, 5 hours from Boise? So if you left at 8 on Wednesday the timing would be perfect. Still out of your way to go to the airport, tho. Let's keep that on the back burner

I probably can't go tour that afternoon, but live ~15 mins from the airport and could probably work in shuttling you up there, if you need. PM me if you wanna. Also down to tour, usually an early morning guy though

I could be into an afternoon tour Weds as well. I normally work thurs-sat but I'm gonna try and swing at least one day off for BBI. Happy to show mags around Alta/Bird pre or post BBI if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Did they get rid of the one-ride ticket at Solitude? That would put you up much higher to start your tour.
    not available to my knowledge but off thur/fri and can probably let 3/4 of you kooks use my family's passes to get up high since they won't be skiing until sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Well that could work out pretty well!

What is it, 5 hours from Boise? So if you left at 8 on Wednesday the timing would be perfect. Still out of your way to go to the airport, tho. Let's keep that on the back burner
    The airport is all of 10 minutes out of your way if you're coming down I 15 from Boise.

Have slept on this until today. In. can do PM Tours Wed/Thurs/Fri, Have alta pass but could do low budget one ride options and/or try to snag a freebie from the office.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I don't work in the winter, so Norseman or any others I can pickup and drop off at the airport without much hassle. I'm a pretty good driver, for a Californian turned Utahn.

Other options would be Canyon Transportation, which are shared four wheel drive vans. Forty bucks a person I think to/from the ski areas. Depending on demand, you may have to wait at the airport for a little bit for other groups.

What Phall doesn't remember is that I committed us and told him like 3 months ago [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app

3rds or forths on airport pickup whomever needs it

I have a unclaimed bedroom 2funky backed out on for eurobbi. And driveway space for camper drivers
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I may put in a claim on a bedroom if still available. Not positive on the dates I’ll be in/out but likely arrive thurs and leave red eye Sunday night or the 3am train to Glenwood.
    Decisions Decisions

Hey friends.

I'm looking at flights, nearly ready to commit, and could use some advice on transportation to/from the airport.

I think I'll land at 1230 on Wednesday. How quickly could I get to the mountains? Can I do this by bus? Where should I aim... anyone skiing that afternoon?

Departing flight from SLC at 1730 on Saturday (sorry to cut out a bit early... gotta move on to Swiz!). Assuming Solitude is the ski venue that day, how should I plan to deproach, and by what time?

Yo Dibs... still got floor space?

Thanks,
    S
    There’s a decent chance I’ll be there and can do the driving. We should stay in touch, and, like if it’s looking doable for me I can save you an uber, or meet up for the pm ski and give you a lift down....

Edit: not touring...but anyway, can probably drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    unfortunately, i'm out, so that's one less looking for floor space! have a great time, guys! hope to catch up with a bunch of you at some point in the future while we're all still breathing.
    Aw man...

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    There’s a decent chance I’ll be there and can do the driving. We should stay in touch, and, like if it’s looking doable for me I can save you an uber, or meet up for the pm ski and give you a lift down....

Edit: not touring...but anyway, can probably drive.
    Word, thanks. I'll keep it in the options

bump

got a green light from the bossman

ski you soon mags!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Aw man...
    i was looking forward to finally meeting you and bromontane in particular. alas, it was a pipedream. i do that a lot. maybe next year i can make it a reality. i hope you have a blast and soak in all that tgr/bbi love.

i was looking forward to finally meeting you and bromontane in particular. alas, it was a pipedream. i do that a lot. maybe next year i can make it a reality. i hope you have a blast and soak in all that tgr/bbi love.
    You'll still make it to Alpy, D?

You'll still make it to Alpy, D?
    yes, sir! making a modest little south american gift basket donation for the raffle, too! can't wait to see you guys.

making a modest little south american gift basket donation for the raffle
    Make sure the 8 ball of yeyo gets in there.

Let it snow...

Psyched to see our Venue getting pummeled, this time last year The Wasatch was lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Make sure the 8 ball of yeyo gets in there.

Let it snow...

Psyched to see our Venue getting pummeled, this time last year The Wasatch was lean.
    Haha!
    Decisions Decisions

Just purchased airfare this morning and trying to put the rest of it all together.

Back in the day I believe Smith's was the cheapest option for day tix. If they didn't have them I would grab them at Sportscastle.

What is the best/cheapest route for ticket acquisition for BBIUT for those of us w/o Ikon or Epic passes?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Just purchased airfare this morning and trying to put the rest of it all together.

Back in the day I believe Smith's was the cheapest option for day tix. If they didn't have them I would grab them at Sportscastle.

What is the best/cheapest route for ticket acquisition for BBIUT for those of us w/o Ikon or Epic passes?
    Probably online. Brick and mortar deals are harder to come by these days.

Is there some planned activity on the Epic side of the ridgeline? I'm happy to go for a shuffle out the 9990 gate if people want to.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i should have 2- 4 soli shop comps each day , a handful of employee half pricers, the ability to get some pre season 68 dollarers and a couple point tickets to get a few peeps out a gate with a couple lifts
    b right on sells a 15 one rider and mille gdub and crest all access a day wortha goods
    may be rollin thru your hood feb8 will pm
    if i were smart id be insta#taggin the fucks outta my #solistoke with bucu follwers and be hittins marketing up for the #broflow bro

may ullr bless us
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno