Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    This sounds like a good time. I've got in penciled in on my calendar. And I'm definitely interested in swinging through WY for a few days in the Tetons.

Wait, so it's in the future, but also in the past?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

in

for sum shenanigans

in

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Aha! So you've pulled the trigger. Congrats, Gary!
    Thanks Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    congratulations to you, sir!
    Appreciate that buddy, cheers! Thanks to you, ACH, Pipedream and those fucking crazy ass space invaders I totally got my stoke on for boarding again. Got more days on the single plank this year than past 6 or 7 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    I Got You Something

Attachment 234725
    HAHAHA! nice. Will wear
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

but will be there for the dd ski off

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    well dd is not, i repeat, he is not gonna be at Alpental,
    Crystal clear he has no training for the Alpy beatdown
    I would gladly buy him a beer or two if he shows for the Soli Shenanigans.

I'm likely gonna bring a few cases of Teton Brews anyway. Micro, Nano, WTF ever.

Wonder if his spaceship flies in the wintertime?

I have penciled it in with very light pencil. Am hoping for a Utarded trip next year, we'll see.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I had a great time at BBI@Bozo, and I have never skied in Utah. Looking forward to it. See you kooks next March. I should be easy to find, I will be wearing my "I Skied With Benny" shirt...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

In to raid your Honeycomb hideout!

Probably a good time to familiarize yourself with them strange Utah licker laws:
    https://abc.utah.gov/laws/law_faqs.html

Specifically this one:
    Unless one of these exceptions applies, it is clear you may not bring alcoholic beverages into Utah for any purpose whether it be for personal consumption, to serve at a private social function, or to give or sell to others.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Probably a good time to familiarize yourself with them strange Utah licker laws:

Specifically this one:
    no pirate stout! arg!

Seems to me like the smuggling of said bottles into the state would jive with its 'pirate' labeling

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post

Specifically this one:
    I believe the state also strongly recommends that you don't bring

I will mos' def be a smugglin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I will mos' def be a smugglin'.

i'm being surveilled so i can't say. slip in slip out. be faster than at least one person.

Guess I'll chance it.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Guess I'll chance it.
    I got your six, bro.

Funny. I had no idea. I have to dig out a picture I have of my buddy with a case of Coors bought in Evanston, WY on our way to SLC, cuz we were scared about lack of beer, (w/alcohol in it), in Utah. This was 1982. JHC I’m old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Too late to call dibs on floor space?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Skifishbum - Deliverin' the goods -

Thanks for getting the ball rolling; peeps been asking!

I, for one, have tattooed the dates.

And consider, Mags: anyone interested in skiing at JH either the week before or after, let me know. We want to make it an option for those who can swing it or need heps making it happen.

Myself, possibly SkiJ and Maybe LittleBigLost will be attempting to make it a mini summit for those who like Teton village/Targhee and Kelly canyon. Shooting for the week (end) before BBI19 Soli

This is decidedly Secondary to the Big Show in Utardia.

Thanks to Flowing as well...Peace, Safety, Mediocrity.

Thanks, Dj...

Definitely aiming for 'ghee / KC March 8-9 - ish…

KC is 'BigLost other Home ; The 'ghee is Grand targhee ( 'nough said )

Ewwwwwh -tah may be a stretch for this fat , old , Boy. ( and I am watchin' )

fwiw. 'BigLost has a date with injustice next month...

( +vibes+ Please... it is hard on him... . . . )

Dj... How is Beartooth (?)

yo. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

How does driving up BCC on a powder day compare to driving up LCC? Is it doable? I canz stay in SLC? Where do locals recommend staying?

Trail map of Soli looks rad. Lots of stuff on the honeycomb canyon side. And that Aevergreene area near the Brighton side.

Whats the sidecountry like at Brighton? Do I need to skin, or can I traverse and boot pack? I got my beaconxshovelxprobe ready.

I’ll be hitting LCC on this trip too.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Scoped airline tickets for this timeframe and I expect to be able to make it. Been a while since I skied in Utah, damn.

----

I have an idea that I'd like to present to the board.

The best thing about these parties is meeting cool folks and getting a taste of the local flavors... excellent tourguiding on the mountain, skiing with rippers, good conversation, quality garnish, and generally soul-smiling with the locdogs & friends in their comfortable mountain habitat.

However, inevitably somebody brings up a sentimental point. Places get busier and more expensive, that's a predictable one. The ones about missing old friends hit hardest. "Man, remember that dude who used to ski here? I wish he could be here now. Anyone heard from him?"

Since this is a highly centralized location for a ski summit, and conveniently next to a decent sized airport, I think we should do what we can to get the tribe together... especially those who might wish to attend but might not otherwise have the means to travel.

So, I'd like to set up a "Sponsor a Mag" system to help out the deserving.

To start, I'll put up $100 to a travel fund for Yeti.

I've never met him but respect his viewpoints, stories, and sense of humanity, and I'd like for him to be included in this gathering (if he's able and interested). I understand that he's spent a bit of time skiing in Utah, but now lives in the midwest and doesn't get the opportunity to ski big hills much anymore. Maybe if we can scrape together enough coins, we could fly him and his wife out for a little vacation.

What do you guys think? If this sucks or is offensive, I'll take it down.

Of course, we could do something like this for the other summits as well. BBi Alpy is similarly close to a good airport.

Not all here are rich dentistes.

A separate thread might be more appropriate for this effort, eh? Gathering thoughts here first.

---

Also, let's change the fucking thread title to show the correct year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Scoped airline tickets for this timeframe and I expect to be able to make it. Been a while since I skied in Utah, damn.

----

I have an idea that I'd like to present to the board.

The best thing about these parties is meeting cool folks and getting a taste of the local flavors... excellent tourguiding on the mountain, skiing with rippers, good conversation, quality garnish, and generally soul-smiling with the locdogs & friends in their comfortable mountain habitat.

However, inevitably somebody brings up a sentimental point. Places get busier and more expensive, that's a predictable one. The ones about missing old friends hit hardest. "Man, remember that dude who used to ski here? I wish he could be here now. Anyone heard from him?"

Since this is a highly centralized location for a ski summit, and conveniently next to a decent sized airport, I think we should do what we can to get the tribe together... especially those who might wish to attend but might not otherwise have the means to travel.

So, I'd like to set up a "Sponsor a Mag" system to help out the deserving.

To start, I'll put up $100 to a travel fund for Yeti.

I've never met him but respect his viewpoints, stories, and sense of humanity, and I'd like for him to be included in this gathering (if he's able and interested). I understand that he's spent a bit of time skiing in Utah, but now lives in the midwest and doesn't get the opportunity to ski big hills much anymore. Maybe if we can scrape together enough coins, we could fly him and his wife out for a little vacation.

What do you guys think? If this sucks or is offensive, I'll take it down.

Of course, we could do something like this for the other summits as well. BBi Alpy is similarly close to a good airport.

Not all here are rich dentistes.

A separate thread might be more appropriate for this effort, eh? Gathering thoughts here first.

---

Also, let's change the fucking thread title to show the correct year.
    I would also throw in $100 to get Yetiman out to BBI.

I am debating flying or driving. What is camper scene like in the BCC or LCC? Fairly limited, right? That may sway things one way or another.

I really want to do this but looking into hotel accommodations it looks like I may be out priced. Any local mags have floor/couch space avail?? Maybe a VRBO opportunity?