Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Great list, thanks. I'm in euroland which makes scalping old cheap skis troublesome, but i do appreciate the offer!

Perhaps Jeff 102s are the ticket?!
    Might be the only ski worth the $$?

I bet it’s awesome. The k98 was dope.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

To keep the stoke flowing, here’s some more old man footy.

Certainly not clean, but still the first front flips on snow that either of us have ever skied out of. As the two of us approach a combined age of 100, I’m claiming every milestone, clean or not

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ41sZfAM3o

Looking at picking up something super playful to ski with my son for next year. He will be 7 and has been cautiously skiing blues this year and I want something to make skiing slowly more interesting. I think it would be fun to learn to 360 off little bits do a butter and fuck around in the trees as he progresses and my collection of long stiff go fast skis are I’ll suited to this use (dd 189 bonafide 97).
    Do I want a true park ski for this or something more all mountain? I’m in the Pnw and a big dude so thinking sizing down to 90-100 underfoot and around 180 and cheap so I don’t care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Looking at picking up something super playful to ski with my son for next year. He will be 7 and has been cautiously skiing blues this year and I want something to make skiing slowly more interesting. I think it would be fun to learn to 360 off little bits do a butter and fuck around in the trees as he progresses and my collection of long stiff go fast skis are I’ll suited to this use (dd 189 bonafide 97).
    Do I want a true park ski for this or something more all mountain? I’m in the Pnw and a big dude so thinking sizing down to 90-100 underfoot and around 180 and cheap so I don’t care about them.
    Bent 100 should do? Comes in a 180. Often cheap, check corbetts. Probably similar fun to a park ski in the air and riding switch and waayyyy more fun for the actual all mountain skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    With this in mind, I pulled the trigger this morning on a pair of Revolt 95’s plus demo bindings for about $400 USD from Corbett’s. Just bought my first park skis at 41 and am going to try a 360 in a few weeks on what will likely be my last ski day of the year.

Thanks all for the inspiration on this thread. A little scary that 30s and 40s are old for this purpose but here we are. Keep the stoke alive!
    Update: Skied the Revolt 95s at Snowbasin’s closing day yesterday. Fun ski overall. Enough backbone and weight to plow through thick snow and mixed conditions. Can lean on the shovels a bit even at -2 mount. Easy to maneuver. They swim a little at speed but are happy with just a little edge for fast GS turns. Only downside I see so far is swing weight is not so light. Didn’t get the 360 - closest I got was a 270 to yard sale but mostly just got to about 180. After some video review I think I’ve got the technique more or less right I just need to do it on bigger jumps. That can be next year’s project along with switch skiing and maybe hitting rails.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Bent 100 should do? Comes in a 180. Often cheap, check corbetts. Probably similar fun to a park ski in the air and riding switch and waayyyy more fun for the actual all mountain skiing.
    Bents or M-Free 99. Mount both +3 and you'll have a blast.

I have some 4FRNT Switch's and they're too much a "park" only ski for me. Maybe if you size them down, but they don't float well at all and have very long camber and no rocker. Oddly, despite their weight, my J Hotshots are a blast in the park and popping off of everything. You could go that direction if you want a ski that's fun everywhere and in every condition.

Lots of Moment Deathwish's in the park here, too. All mountain and playful.

Choose your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Bents or M-Free 99. Mount both +3 and you'll have a blast.

Lots of Moment Deathwish's in the park here, too. All mountain and playful.

Choose your weapon.
    Err on the side of too short.

Deathwish is super fun in the park

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Update: Skied the Revolt 95s at Snowbasin’s closing day yesterday. Fun ski overall. Enough backbone and weight to plow through thick snow and mixed conditions. Can lean on the shovels a bit even at -2 mount. Easy to maneuver. They swim a little at speed but are happy with just a little edge for fast GS turns. Only downside I see so far is swing weight is not so light. Didn’t get the 360 - closest I got was a 270 to yard sale but mostly just got to about 180. After some video review I think I’ve got the technique more or less right I just need to do it on bigger jumps. That can be next year’s project along with switch skiing and maybe hitting rails.
    Keep at it. I'm 44 and switched from snowboarding to skiing 4 years ago. I was a pretty decent park rider on a board. I started switch riding last year and got pretty solid at it this year. I hit my first rails on skis and landed a couple of small 360's. I need to grow a pair and throw some off of the big jumps. Our resort is open until July, so.... Fingers crossed.

My kid goes full park rat in Spring. He's about to turn 10 and 360's off of everything in sight. I wish I had his leg springs.

I still love ripping park laps as much as I used to. I just dislike falling more now.

There was a solid representation by old men in the park at Dodge Ridge this weekend. Plenty of grey hairs. Spent all day hitting the full jump line top to bottom. Still can't get the courage up to attempt any rotation off them but had a lot of fun anyways. Spring is still young...

It’s that time of year… time to get excited (and scared) about the upcoming old man park skiing season.

If you need a book to whet your appetite, this is a fun one:

https://www.amazon.com/Gnar-Country-...s%2C248&sr=8-1
    Last edited by DGamms; 09-12-2023 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typo

Picked these up for cheap in the early summer. 84 underfoot, symmetrical, lots of camber, little bit or early rise, nice and snappy flex. Hoping they convince me hitting some park jumps is a good idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230912_200856816.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	469592 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230912_201027393.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	686.0 KB 
ID:	469593

Shit for snow in most of NA right now…

Perfect conditions for old men to work on their switch skiing technique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo