Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Holy crap! I didn’t know Jon Q Public could go off those! Nice work DGamms!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I’m 64 and in the Bike Park everyday.

I don’t do backflips though.

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_d5uNFokbQ

Sorry to revisit a dead thread once more… but some habits die hard.

I hope that somehow, somewhere in the ski universe, there are some other old men refining their newfound park skills this summer.

I did some UOP dive platforms yesterday.
    Good air awareness training, even if not 100% skiing specific in nature.

But body control in the air is hard earned, and any modality will help your park skiing at least a little.
    Is that the 10 meter?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks Detrusor!

And arild: you got that backflip next ski season. Reps in the pool or on the trampoline help a lot.

Shredhead: I’ll be honest, the biking scares me more and more each subsequent year, unlike the park skiing. Dirt crashes leave scars and give concussions.

And SirVic: that gainer jump is the 7.5 meter. I did some jumps off the 10m and 12.5m, but just straight airs at those heights.

Overall, it was a very laid back experience for the 90 min intro session platform jump at the UOP. Highly recommend it if you are at all interested.

12.5m straight air, scary fun!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gKIOVlygjRM
    Last edited by DGamms; 08-04-2022 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Added link

Some threads don’t die ��

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNsoFL4AiGk

Love this thread, I'll have to try and get some clips this year after starting to hit small park jumps again last year at 38. Slams don't feel the same as they used to...

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Love this thread, I'll have to try and get some clips this year after starting to hit small park jumps again last year at 38. Slams don't feel the same as they used to...
    Nice!! Start small, wear your old man pads, and most importantly find one other old guy stupid enough to join you. It’s really hard to sustain progress old man park skiing if you’re just doing it solo.

Lastly: that driveway rail is an easy 1hr DIY home project. Just a bunch of PVC pipe and drywall screws. Works surprisingly well.

Prolly 205

Early AM Light
    Small Zero Spin to Backflip
    Old Man Park Forever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKbFIPh5cc
    Last edited by DGamms; 12-26-2022 at 09:55 PM.

That’s awesome!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

It’s never too late. My Old Man park partner, Capt G, attempting his first front flips ever on snow yesterday. He turns 50 yo in a few months!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNd6o6AGUI

It’s never too late. My Old Man park partner, Capt G, attempting his first front flips ever on snow yesterday. He turns 50 yo in a few months!

I used to love doing those off cat tracks back in the day.

I am still on the track for doing 3s off kickers every year. Last in my crew to stay with it. Gets scarier every year - but gotta show my boys, dad can still rip, right?
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    I used to love doing those off cat tracks back in the day.

I am still on the track for doing 3s off kickers every year. Last in my crew to stay with it. Gets scarier every year - but gotta show my boys, dad can still rip, right?
    Yep!!! Represent

Had to show the boys (6 & 9) that dad can still hit kickers. Landed another 3 at keystone a51 park today to keep the streak alive.

No idea how to upload video via the damn app.

If you don’t do it this year you will only be one year older when you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

If other old men wanted a "park ski" for cruising resort laps in hard snow but also threatening to occasionally hit flat boxes and the very smallest jumps in the park what would we look for?

Line blade optic 94? Blizzard rustler 9?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    If you don’t do it this year you will only be one year older when you do.
    With this in mind, I pulled the trigger this morning on a pair of Revolt 95’s plus demo bindings for about $400 USD from Corbett’s. Just bought my first park skis at 41 and am going to try a 360 in a few weeks on what will likely be my last ski day of the year.

Thanks all for the inspiration on this thread. A little scary that 30s and 40s are old for this purpose but here we are. Keep the stoke alive!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Could have used the stoke in this thread this year, I haven't checked in here before.

I've got Christ-on-the-cross helicopters down pat, but was trying to get a Johnny Moseley-esque 360 mute grab off a drop to land on the podium in our little local slope/freeride comp. I'm still several inches away from getting the grab, but just getting my feet up has been totally changing the way I spin. I got the fear though; at 43 I don't bounce like I used to. Trying to drop a few pounds and work on core strength and balance, always room to improve and always a reason to push. Thanks for posting the stoke, DGamms

These posts warm my heart

Keep after it boys!

Name:  3DD250F9-6686-452B-A477-757B06555033.gif
Views: 341
Size:  990.1 KB

I’m hitting and clearing the biggest jump line in the park this year at 44. Should be trying to throw some tricks, but I break myself often enough these days without intentionally going out of my way to increase the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Name:  3DD250F9-6686-452B-A477-757B06555033.gif
Views: 341
Size:  990.1 KB

I’m hitting and clearing the biggest jump line in the park this year at 44. Should be trying to throw some tricks, but I break myself often enough these days without intentionally going out of my way to increase the odds.
    This is me. Tricks are for the smaller jumps/kiddy park.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Old Man Park Skiing

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    If other old men wanted a "park ski" for cruising resort laps in hard snow but also threatening to occasionally hit flat boxes and the very smallest jumps in the park what would we look for?

Line blade optic 94? Blizzard rustler 9?
    From on3p - Jeff 102 or 110 If you want something fatter.

Magnus 100/110 (90 If you like, but I wouldn’t pick that size)

Lots of decent deals to be had on those between the on3p site and evo

My personal pick is the moment frankenski, but it’s soft and definitely has a speed limit (which I routinely push) on the resort cruising laps.

Moment deathwish or wildcat (pick your size) both play

Revolt line is great

Line - blend or sfb are more park oriented

K2 - Reckoner 102 would serve well

Rossi - I’m sure there is a jibby black ops ski smaller than the 118 waist

Armada - lots of options

Atomic - bent 100 or 110 (they are a little stiff for park, but fun at speed and super light in the air)

List goes on.
    General rule of thumb for me is “don’t spend $$ on skinny skis”
    -you can always score a deal on a ski for this purpose.

Corbetts is a gold mine.

I have some older moment PBJ in a 182 mounted with STH1s that need a tune but otherwise would fit the bill I would let go for like $100 flat or $160 with sth bindings.

One telemark mount that was repaired with wood.

One sth1 mount on the line for 307mm BSL.

I like them, not gonna officially list, but if an old man in the park needs a ride and doesn’t mind tuning them, I got you.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

i think the Line TW Pro is a great park and hard snow ski. And it hasn’t changed much in years so you can get older versions for cheap. longest length is 178 but it’s been stable enough for me to dip my toe in the park at 6’2” 175. cydwhit has an old blister review that still holds true.

FWIW I took a lap through the big kids park and hit a medium tabletop on the 2nd to last run of my season. No footy but probably cleared 40 + feet with a cheesy spread eagle. Honestly bit off a little more than I could chew and floated pretty far down the LZ, but thankfully did NOT outjump the entire LZ. Use it or lose it folks.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I agree with jvskier, the TW is a great all around park ski if you like the max length of 178. I’m weird and like 182-184cm park skis despite being 5’10” on a good day. But I’m definitely in the minority on that front.

Supre, nice Old Man park ski round up summary! I would add J Skis Joyride to that list, really been liking my pair for hard snow and pipe so far.

And SumJongGuy: way to keep sending!

Great list, thanks. I'm in euroland which makes scalping old cheap skis troublesome, but i do appreciate the offer!

Perhaps Jeff 102s are the ticket?!