Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Cool thread

But how old is “old” DGamms?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Cool thread

But how old is “old” DGamms?
    I respect your inquiry, Core Shot. Alternative facts abound these days...

The cumulative age of the follow cam crew on that backflip is approaching 100... I’m on the younger end of that duo, but not by a whole lot.

Regardless: that’s the whole point of this thread. It’s never too late to try.

Ultimately, you will probably have greater regret for what you don’t attempt than what you do attempt as you enter the second half of your human life

I will take you up on some old man park laps. There is a hip over at Woodward that is calling my name for an alley oop 3.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Couldn’t access/see the FB vid
    but, as a fellow old man, I’m cheering your old man park shit
    good job dude

i’d love to learn how to do a “helicopter” [old man term from back in the day]

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I will take you up on some old man park laps. There is a hip over at Woodward that is calling my name for an alley oop 3.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Sounds good SirShred! I may be there 4p-6p tomorrow, PM me if you are heading over.

Everybody complains that I ski too much park now. I feel like its the only place on the mountain that still scares and challenges me. Skiing steep and bumped out lines can be technical but I doubt there are too many inbound lines outside my skill level these days. Im really looking forward to more spring days of lapping the parks and hitting slushy jumps. Sure Ill probably get hurt but if you didn't fall, were you really trying? Where do you go for your skiing skill progression?

Another old man park season in the books in PC. Hope all the other aspiring old man park skiers had a good year. It was certainly weird here because of COVID.

Still trying to catch up to the skill level of the 9 yo park groms these days locally... watched a kid under 12 throw a double cork 10 this year.
    The progression of this aspect of the sport still shows no limits as of now.

I was happy to get some of my biggest backflips done on snow at seasons end this year, and to walk away without injuries requiring surgery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0X0nBrdOc

For those interested, Park City Woodward has their indoor ski ramps to foam pits open again.

There is also a good chance that I will rally a 2-3 person old man park crew for a week long session at Mt. Hood or Whistler this summer. I may have the daughters in tow. PM me if you have any interest.
    Last edited by DGamms; 04-09-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Well be up at hood sporadically over the summer, give a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Well be up at hood sporadically over the summer, give a shout!
    Will do! Heard one of your girls had a bad crash this year, hope everyone is doing ok...

She’s in week 6 of 6 weeks non weight bearing for a lateral tibial plateau compression fx and a grade 2 MCL. totally nothing crash and hooked a tip in a rut while sliding. Non operative and she’s gonna be ok but still kinda shaken by the whole thing. 8 gates from the bottom so we had hiked up, patrol asked her if she wanted a ride down and she said she could ski on one ski. We nixed that and a coach carried her

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    She’s in week 6 of 6 weeks non weight bearing for a lateral tibial plateau compression fx and a grade 2 MCL. totally nothing crash and hooked a tip in a rut while sliding. Non operative and she’s gonna be ok but still kinda shaken by the whole thing. 8 gates from the bottom so we had hiked up, patrol asked her if she wanted a ride down and she said she could ski on one ski. We nixed that and a coach carried her
    Damn Rick, sorry to hear that. Hope she’s doing alright, we are sending healing vibes her way...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANSM_TiD0-A

Time for old men to get overly excited about the prospect of skiing park this winter.

That is all.

Carry on.

The snow pack is thin here in Utah for December. I think that's true for most NA ski resorts so far.

So here's some old man park stoke to keep the morale up. Fair warning, half of the footage is family photos and the other half is ugly park skiing... so I guess it's just like the rest of my movies.

As always, I wish the skiing, the filming, and the editing were higher quality.

But I'm also thankful to be skiing at all, and I'm thankful for all the knowledge I've gained from this forum. I put y'all Tech Talkers in the credits as always.

Shred on, all you maggots and fellow old dogs.

That’s awesome!

Ok, that motivated me...well fucking done. Think there was a Montana guy cameo in there?

That kicked ass. Thanks for igniting the stoke, this motivates me to keep dragging my 36yo ass through the terrain park in quest of a clean 3.

Yeah NWFlow, a few Bozeman guys in there. Good peeps.

And thanks Jongle! Keep trying for that clean 360… it is the gateway drug to start your old man park habit.

Shameless bump…

But kind of fun to see the old man park thing at our local Woodward featured in a worldwide medium:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/17/t...icks-utah.html

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Shameless bump…

But kind of fun to see the old man park thing at our local Woodward featured in a worldwide medium:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/17/t...icks-utah.html
    I've been fighting the temptation to spend some time in the park and unfortunately your edit is just too good. At least one of the perks of being old is that in my case I finally have decent health insurance...
    In all seriousness, after 35 years on skis I love it as much as ever, but progression is part of the addiction and one that's been lacking a little lately. For better or worse you may have inspired me to take on a little more risk in the pursuit thereof.

Awesome vid.

Thanks WhetherMan. It’s never too late to try.

Given Ukraine and COVID and all the rest of the serious shit in the world happening right now, here’s another stupid, mindless, fun ski clip to take the edge off.

Doesn’t hurt that he’s an Olympic medalist x 2 now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YR6ruDXzg

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I may post a review in its own thread, but seems like a relevant thing here.

I sprang for Johnny Collinson’s 8 week workout - skierfit. I specifically wanted it to improve my balance and agility. I suspect it will help with park performance and safety.
    How was the Collinson program, SupreChicken? I've thought about checking it out. I did a Mountain Athlete plan last Fall to pre for ski season.

Btw, great thread and stoke, DGamms! I must have missed this but was working on a bit more of skiing switch this year and would love to get more comfortable with jumps/drops. Not sure I'll be spinning but Hotdog Hans is inspiring and so smooooth....

Fool: I also purchased Collinson’s program. It’s helpful, especially as an aging skier.

Last thought. My old man park skier buddy has progressed beyond my ability for spins, but has been hung up on landing his first invert/off axis trick this season.

At some point, after all the practice and anticipation and reps, it’s about feeling it. This is not an article specifically about park skiing, but the lessons still ring true.

You gotta feel the flow

https://www.booksurfcamps.com/news/f...venture-sports
    Last edited by DGamms; 03-11-2022 at 12:52 AM.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_d5uNFokbQ

Sorry to revisit a dead thread once more… but some habits die hard.

I hope that somehow, somewhere in the ski universe, there are some other old men refining their newfound park skills this summer.

I did some UOP dive platforms yesterday.
    Good air awareness training, even if not 100% skiing specific in nature.

But body control in the air is hard earned, and any modality will help your park skiing at least a little.

I started doing backflips with my kids in the local pool this spring, at 36. Not really sure whether that's a good idea come winter, but it's probably gonna be alright.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk