Thread: Cancel Hulu +

Cancel Hulu +

I was pissed at their new menu system so I tried to cancel. After I gave them feedback they credited me though the end of August.

Who knows what will happen then when I try to cancel.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah, it really does suck, doesn’t it? I guess they (prime, Netflix, Hulu) are all trying to copy each other to come up with the flashiest, non-useful system they can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, it really does suck, doesn’t it? I guess they (prime, Netflix, Hulu) are all trying to copy each other to come up with the flashiest, non-useful system they can think of.
    Don't forget Netflix's autoplay "feature" (that you can't turn off) for when you're browsing through titles. I think that thing is universally hated with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Don't forget Netflix's autoplay "feature" (that you can't turn off) for when you're browsing through titles. I think that thing is universally hated with a passion.
    oh god that pisses me off, that I have to put my TV on mute just to browse the fucking titles.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Comcast’s remote you speak to is the only ‘menu’ worth a shit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

it is amazing that not a single one of these companies (hulu, netflix, amazon prime, etc) has managed to make a vaguely not-horrible UI. and yet I still pay for them all, so maybe I'm the huge dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    it is amazing that not a single one of these companies (hulu, netflix, amazon prime, etc) has managed to make a vaguely not-horrible UI. and yet I still pay for them all, so maybe I'm the huge dumbass
    The funny thing is that at SOME points in the past, each one of them had a decent UI, although Amazon Prime has never had one I liked. Netflix has really been testing my patience lately. What are all these clowns thinking? Change for the sake of change? Years ago, Netflix's UI was clean and simple. Now it's a sensory overload mess. Hulu's not much better. Don't get me started on Amazon, which is just useless to work with to begin.

I have Amazon, Netfix and Sling TV. All play just fine with no buffering issues. HULU was a buffering nightmare. Anyone else have that issue streaming from wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Turned off cable tv, kept internet, got three Eeros, got YouTube TV, haven’t looked back. Also have Netflix, Prime, and maybe Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    The new Amazon Prime Menus also suck, I cannot really read them. I guess the went from a side bar menu to across the top with smaller ICONS I cannot read from across the room on a 55 inch TV
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Turned off cable tv, kept internet, got three Eeros, got YouTube TV, haven’t looked back. Also have Netflix, Prime, and maybe Hulu.
    How do you get youtube TV? I probably watch more youtube than anything else anymore, but on my computer
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have Amazon, Netfix and Sling TV. All play just fine with no buffering issues. HULU was a buffering nightmare. Anyone else have that issue streaming from wifi?
    I’ve heard claims that Hulu “doesn’t buffer” which I’m sure isn’t strictly accurate but they do admit to needing a much more reliable connection due to their buffering differences from their competitors. And yes I have had this issue repeatedly with them.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    HULU was a buffering nightmare. Anyone else have that issue streaming from wifi?
    Man, I sure used to. What would REALLY piss me off was how commercials would all play juuuuuust fine, and then when the show itself was supposed to play, it would just buffer endlessly. Refresh and sit through several minutes of commercials again, and then...same thing. Seemed almost intentional since they had zero problem streaming the commercials.
    Now what's interesting is that once they offered the upgraded service to go "commercial-free", I just haven't had any problems since. The buffering issue has been 100% resolved for me. That said, I've placed my account on hold again for a while just because I don't have time. That's kind of what I do though. I just have my subscriptions going for the ones I"m actively using. Oh, new season of Game of Thrones? I get back on HBO Now and "pause" my other services. I bounce around which is kind of annoying, but $10 or $15/month sure as hell beats a cable bill and there's no comparison in the content. Still hate the increasingly crappy UI's though. Stop with the autoplay already, Netflix!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The new Amazon Prime Menus also suck, I cannot really read them. I guess the went from a side bar menu to across the top with smaller ICONS I cannot read from across the room on a 55 inch TV
    The same.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"