Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Be sure to walk upstream to the falls to scramble up a few levels to the middle pools. and worth going up some of the trails to get to the top. Bring river/water shoes like Teva or something,

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Gravy fries at Nectars with some Phish blasting.
    Ya, well, that's just not like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, well, that's just not like it used to be.
    That's like a major bummer man.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

not sure when you’re going, and I know you said you’re focusing on Burlington but you’re also pretty damn close to Bolton Valley. They’ve got a pretty good summer music series going on. You might want to check out the lineup during the time your planning on being there.

https://www.boltonvalley.com/things-...c-on-the-lawn/

Zip line, hot air balloon, farmer's market?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Looking at a map, I think the full length of bike path/causeway is probably too long for the kiddo, looks like it could easily be 25 miles RT?
    Yes, it’s that long. It’s pretty flat but half will be on gravel. Add in cross winds or head winds and it’s a good work out. Local Motion and most downtown bike shops rent e-bikes which could be a fun way of doing it. Could even take the bike ferry and ride up into the islands for a maple creeme.

You could also start in Colchester which makes it easier to get out onto the causeway. Mallets Bay Bicycle and Ski rents bikes. I think sometimes they even set up rentals at airport park, right on the bike path. Maybe a mile until you’re out in the lake.

Have your kids been to a stock car race yet? If not, you might want to check out Thunder Road’s schedule for while you’re there. It’s definitely worth the price of admission.

https://www.thunderroadvt.com/schedule

Be sure to walk upstream to the falls to scramble up a few levels to the middle pools. and worth going up some of the trails to get to the top. Bring river/water shoes like Teva or something,
    Man thats a flashback. I used to live right behind the Red Fox. Smoke weed and go swimming all day>bartend at Smuggs>get drunk at the Brewski was my summers in college.

It's got a new name I guess. Brewster River Gorge
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/GpbNji3YKF4uFzyj7
    Excellent, that looks like a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    not sure when you’re going, and I know you said you’re focusing on Burlington but you’re also pretty damn close to Bolton Valley. They’ve got a pretty good summer music series going on. You might want to check out the lineup during the time your planning on being there.

https://www.boltonvalley.com/things-...c-on-the-lawn/
    There's a show there on our first two nights, thanks! That might be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Yes, it’s that long. It’s pretty flat but half will be on gravel. Add in cross winds or head winds and it’s a good work out. Local Motion and most downtown bike shops rent e-bikes which could be a fun way of doing it. Could even take the bike ferry and ride up into the islands for a maple creeme.

You could also start in Colchester which makes it easier to get out onto the causeway. Mallets Bay Bicycle and Ski rents bikes. I think sometimes they even set up rentals at airport park, right on the bike path. Maybe a mile until you’re out in the lake.
    Thanks, renting in Colchester sounds like it's worth investigating.
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Have your kids been to a stock car race yet? If not, you might want to check out Thunder Road’s schedule for while you’re there. It’s definitely worth the price of admission.

https://www.thunderroadvt.com/schedule
    No race while we're there, but that would have been cool!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Take a cruise to scenic Plattsburg. It's almost definitely Upstate.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Take a cruise to scenic Plattsburg. It's almost definitely Upstate.
    Are we sure?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    ooh I like the Bread and Puppet idea https://breadandpuppet.org/ Did you ever go to that back in the day, Dan? Fun for young and old- Vermonty as fuck for sure too
    Anyone going to B&P should include a stop in Greensboro at Hill farmstead brewery for some cans (closed weekends tasting room is closed) and Parker pie for the best pizza in the state.

I did two years of B&P before they canceled the weekend camping. Unreal times.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

My kids are 5 & 7 and Shelburne Farm is always a hit. It is gorgeous and a good excuse for a walk. The quick hike past the stables has killer views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks. I wouldn’t scratch it off the list that quickly. Great views of Mansfield and the Greens too. It is a special spot.
    Biking the causeway should be on the list too.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Are we sure?
    Absolutely pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Anyone going to B&P should include a stop in Greensboro at Hill farmstead brewery for some cans (closed weekends tasting room is closed) and Parker pie for the best pizza in the state.
    I'd have to put them in the top 3 breweries in the U.S. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Gravy fries at Nectars with some Phish blasting.
    This

Jericho Cafe and Tavern (JCAT) is a great spot to eat, especially if the weather is good and you can get a deck table. I lived 5 minutes from there in EJ (closer to Burlington) for 5 years and there is no way you can make it to downtown Burlington in 22 minutes from anywhere in Jericho. Best I could do from EJ was 26 minutes to the UVM hospital and I tried every route possible. 30 minutes is realistic and maybe optimistic.

The Jericho Center Country Store is a great spot for sammiches. Don't miss Joe's Snack Bar (near the JCAT) for great burgers and Maple Creemees.

Stay off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

I did two years of B&P before they canceled the weekend camping. Unreal times.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Late 80s Early 90s Bread and Puppet was quite a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Stay off my lawn!
    This. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    My kids are 5 & 7 and Shelburne Farm is always a hit. It is gorgeous and a good excuse for a walk. The quick hike past the stables has killer views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks. I wouldn’t scratch it off the list that quickly. Great views of Mansfield and the Greens too. It is a special spot.
    Biking the causeway should be on the list too.
    Yay! We love to celebrate Eugenics!

How about a Phish concert?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

We call them ‘shows’ you ignoramus. It’s a Phish show, fucking, fuck.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yup, always a show
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Look who've wandered in from the ECRC.

Hi guys!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

When we were there two years ago scoping for a move we thought the ECHO aquarium and science center looked fun for kids. There was also a free magazine floating around at hotels and coffee shops that was kid focused. I searched for it online, but couldn’t find it.

Breakfast at The Farmhouse was good. I also enjoyed Henry’s diner, but I’m into greasy spoon type places for breakfast.

I also enjoyed walking the UVM campus.

I would have definitely been happy to move there if the dice had landed that way.