Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Eezee fix for that. Note the highly breathable top of heat bald spot coverage with antibacterial dish rag from the dollar store. Game changer.

Attachment 234432
    That's at *least* as aesthetically pleasing as glacier glasses proper. Well done...

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Yes, the Explorer 2.0 will block the most light...at the expense of fogging up. Which is why I like the Montebianco. Blocks enough light for multiple days of glacier skiing with no noticeable eye fatigue, but maybe not enough for a high altitude expedition. The Shield and Trek look somewhere in between the Explorer and Montebianco.
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried it will fog up too much. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully it will work out well, if not, I was lucky to get these on spring clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's at *least* as aesthetically pleasing as glacier glasses proper. Well done...
    Plus, so much steeze. Bravo, swissiphic.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried it will fog up too much. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully it will work out well, if not, I was lucky to get these on spring clearance.
    If they do fog then you could try stick on nose pads to lift them off your face a little to allow for some airflow.

I haven't used my pair much (I went Spectron 4 and they're dark as fuck) but when I've used them both running and spring touring I don't recall them fogging much. You could always treat them with some SCUBA goggle anti-fog if it became an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I haven't used my pair much (I went Spectron 4 and they're dark as fuck) but when I've used them both running and spring touring I don't recall them fogging much. You could always treat them with some SCUBA goggle anti-fog if it became an issue.
    Went touring with them this weekend. No troubles with fogging up. But it was very warm. Hopefully it will stay like this in other conditions as well.

Good glacier sun glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Thanks, picked up some Trek Mountaineers for 1/2 off. Photochormatic from 2-4

Julbo treks are my favourite glasses I’ve had in a while. I also have the blast with those lenses and the suspect with a darker non photochromic lense. Trek fits me the best. Good wrap. Pretty much medium fit. Mine aren’t, but they can be prescription sunglasses. They’ve lasted incredibly well. 2 1/2 years of constant biking and skiing. Work great in all conditions unless it’s almost dark out. I bring my darker ones with the intent to use them on the glacier but it seems I just end up using the treks. Usually there’s a convective cloud bank that rolls they tgroughout the day and the photochromic treks just work. I wish I had that^^^ color frame though. Mine are white frame gawdy from a bc.com sale. Picked all my julbo’s up from their reoccurring sunglasses sales

Just did my first run in the Treks. Got them for skiing and climbing, but figured why not run in them since they are so light. No fogging issues at all. They worked great, and will be good biking glasses as well.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I now have about a dozen tours on with the Julbo Explorer 2.0. So far these have been working great. I have zero issues with them fogging and the cameleon lenses works great. Used them for glacier touring this weekend with clear blue sky. You don't even notice they are getting darker. They are just perfectly dark all the time. That said, when it's completely overcast with very dark clouds, I think they are a little too dark for my taste.

Glad you're digging them!

when it's completely overcast with very dark clouds, I think they are a little too dark for my taste.
    Do you find that it's still too bright to have no shades on in those conditions? I love the Camel/chameleon lens, and I've found there's only maybe 5% of the time when the lenses are too dark but conditions are too bright to forego shades.

Glad to hear fogging wasn't an issue. Hope it stays that way -- the anti-fogging agent wears off after a while, IME.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I have the Julbo Bivouak with Zebra or Camel or something. Really nice except for the plastic nose, which is sometimes uncomfortable and slips down, and the ear stick things, which are sometimes uncomfortable, and the fogging. Don't get them. Lenses are nice though.
    You're aware the ear pieces are bendable, right? I hated mine until I figured that out. Now they're my favorite shades of all time.

Also, if they're fogging, retreat them with anti-fog. Like DWR, it needs redone periodically.

I now have about a dozen tours on with the Julbo Explorer 2.0. So far these have been working great. I have zero issues with them fogging and the cameleon lenses works great. Used them for glacier touring this weekend with clear blue sky. You don't even notice they are getting darker. They are just perfectly dark all the time. That said, when it's completely overcast with very dark clouds, I think they are a little too dark for my taste.
    X2, I have these with Zebra lenses (good on snow but sometimes a bit too dark in the woods) and would like them in Zebra Light for MTB.

Quote Originally Posted by SawtoothDude View Post
    You're aware the ear pieces are bendable, right? I hated mine until I figured that out. Now they're my favorite shades of all time.

Also, if they're fogging, retreat them with anti-fog. Like DWR, it needs redone periodically.
    Yeah, I tried a different shape this weekend and they worked pretty well with the croakie/strap thing. No fogging issues this weekend either. Still not super comfortable, especially with the adjustable plastic stuff in the back of my climbing helmet. I still would prefer rubber on the nose.

Actually, it's possible I have the Asian fit version, which I believe has a wider nose spacing. Got them at an REI garage sale and there wasn't much of a label on them.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Glad you're digging them!

Do you find that it's still too bright to have no shades on in those conditions? I love the Camel/chameleon lens, and I've found there's only maybe 5% of the time when the lenses are too dark but conditions are too bright to forego shades.

Glad to hear fogging wasn't an issue. Hope it stays that way -- the anti-fogging agent wears off after a while, IME.
    Yeah, in all fairness, I think the few times I thought they were a little too dark, I could probably have been without glasses.

It's been pretty warm here, so I guess that makes the fogging less of an issue too. I guess I will have to look into how to retreat them with anti-fog as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Just did my first run in the Treks. Got them for skiing and climbing, but figured why not run in them since they are so light. No fogging issues at all. They worked great, and will be good biking glasses as well.
    Just an update...spent three days on Shasta up to almost 13,000' very clear sunny days and these glasses performed stellarly. No fogging, comfortable, and seemed to adjust to the right amount of shading. Forgot I was wearing often times. The only disadvantage is I have to take them off to use my camera because of the polarized lenses make my camera screen black.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

+1 for Julbo Shield with Cameleon photocromatic and polarized lenses =)

So I have a question about these Julbo lenses.

Is the polarization of the Cameleon lense made by adding a coating on the outside of the lens? Or is it inside the lens? Anyone?

Oatmeal packets and Tenacious Tape FTW, plus they're convertible and maple brown sugar scented.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oatmeal Glasses.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	448.1 KB 
ID:	241102

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Pit vipers

If you’re man enough
    I spent a few weeks up in the alaskan range this spring and my buddy wore pit vipers the whole time no problem.

Everyone else in our group and most people we saw up there used a Julbo of some sort. I love my julbos and don't have any fogging issues. Their photochromatic lenses are rad and allow for all day use.

So I have a question about these Julbo lenses.

Is the polarization of the Cameleon lense made by adding a coating on the outside of the lens? Or is it inside the lens? Anyone?
    I believe it is an inherent property of the lens, not a coating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	723.5 KB 
ID:	241334 have mine to a friend, they did not fit my melon size head.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    I believe it is an inherent property of the lens, not a coating.

OK, good to know. Thank you.

I have a Julbo Explorer and love it. It doesn't fall off and is very comfortable.

Anyone got a lead on Julbo deals? The Clymb seems a bit light in their current offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Anyone got a lead on Julbo deals? The Clymb seems a bit light in their current offerings.
    https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/b/jul...bo&outlet=true