Neil Young & Crazy Horse.. Giddyup!!!

Neil Young & Crazy Horse Announce 1st Performances Since 2014

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil...ces-since-2014

As reported, Neil Young returned to the stage this past Saturday for the first time since December. Fans won’t have to wait long for his next performances, as Neil will reunite Crazy Horse for a pair of shows at Warnors Theatre in Fresno, California on May 1 and 2.
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse last played live on July 7, 2014 at Laugardalshöllin in Reykjavík, Iceland. Few details of what is in store have been shared. An announcement on Neil Young’s Archive website reads, “Fresno. May 1 and 2. First time in a long time, Live on stage. No rehearsal.” A lineup of Young, bassist Billy Talbot, drummer Ralph Molina, multi-instrumentalist Frank “Poncho” Sampedro and vocalists Dorene Carter and YaDonna West toured extensively in 2012 and 2013. Neil Young & Crazy Horse hit the road in 2014 with the late Rick Rosas standing in for Talbot while he recovered from a stroke.

Young took most of 2017 off from live performances. His only shows of last year were a solo concert in his hometown of Omemee, Ontario on December 1 and a set with Promise Of The Real at Farm Aid in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania on September 16. Neil has just a handful of festival appearances gigs on the books in 2018 featuring Promise Of the Real. In addition, he’ll perform at a private home in The Hamptons on July 14 to raise funds for The Bridge School.
    A pre-sale for the Crazy Horse shows is currently underway via Neil Young’s Archive and is expected to run through 10 p.m. PT today (Monday, April 23) or while supplies last. Tickets are available on a will call basis only. Details of a public on-sale have yet to be revealed as of press time.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Tix still available!... Don't be denied!!!

https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/13301/...it&language=en

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Really?...Nobody?

Jst to add...

Nils Lofgren Says He Will Perform With Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Acclaimed musician Nils Lofgren tweeted that he will perform with Neil Young & Crazy Horseat Warnors Theatre in Fresno, California on May 1 and 2. The concerts, announced yesterday, will mark Neil Young & Crazy Horse’s return to the stage for the first time in nearly four years.

Lofgren tweeted the following in response to a fan wishing he would rejoin the group, “The great news is I am jumping back in with #CrazyHorse @Neilyoung I will be there. Beyond honored. Nothing like playing with old friends. A friend just reminded me, at this age you can’t coast.” Nils confirmed the news in a second tweet that was more direct, “Yes I will be in Fresno with Neil and Crazy Horse.”

Nils Lofgren contributed to Crazy Horse’s self-titled debut album in 1971, which didn’t feature Neil Young. One year prior, a teenaged Lofgren played piano and guitar on Neil’s After The Gold Rush LP. The multi-instrumentalist took part in a handful of projects with Young over the years including as a founding member of the short-lived The Santa Monica Flyers band in 1973. Nils’ most recent collaboration with Neil took place at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California on October 24, 2015 when Young and Lofgren performed “Believe.”

Young has yet to confirm the lineup for the return of Neil Young & Crazy Horse. The group’s last performance took place on July 7, 2014 at Laugardalshöllin in Reykjavík, Iceland. Neil mentioned the band will not rehearse ahead of the concerts.

Saw them live during the mid-nineties in a stadium. Tried all day to call in and win tix from work and came home to find roommate ready to go with an extra. Awesome show.

Excellent. That's an awesome roommate!

Fresno?!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Fresno?!
    They probably got a good deal on the stadium rental.

I’m hoping this turns into a tour.

I saw Neil about 20 years ago. He sucked, I wouldn't waste my money on him again.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I saw Neil about 20 years ago. He sucked, I wouldn't waste my money on him again.
    I saw Neil in 09 (electric band), 12 (Crazy Horse), and 16 (POTR). Blew my mind every time.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I saw Neil in 09 (electric band), 12 (Crazy Horse), and 16 (POTR). Blew my mind every time.
    I saw him in 2012 at ACL. He was a lot better than I expected. They rocked out.

Prior to that tour, he was on a weird kick, doing strange shit like recording children’s folk songs (“She’ll be coming around the mountain”, and songs like that). Thankfully that got shit-canned, and he got back to his rock roots for the tour.

I’ve also seen some incredible videos of him with POTR:

Last edited by billyk; 04-27-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Tonight, Tuesday May 1

Neil Young & Crazy Horse Announce Fresno Livestream

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil...sno-livestream

Neil Young & Crazy Horse will perform their first concert together since 2014 when they take the stage tonight at Warnors Theatre in Fresno, California. If you can’t be there to see the band get back together in person, there’s an option to watch from home or wherever you have an internet connection.

Neil Young Archives will host a livestream of the Neil Young & Crazy Horse show tonight (Tuesday, May 1). Young will be backed by a Crazy Horse lineup of drummer Ralph Molina, bassist Billy Talbot and guitarist Nils Lofgren. Showtime is 8 p.m. PT.
    Here’s a note from the Neil Young Archives site about the webcast:
    May 1st, when the Horse takes the stage at the Warnors Theater in Fresno California, you can be there with NYA LIVESTREAM. Wander the theater and wonder at its beauty, then watch the Horse, out of the barn for the first time in years. Opening with no rehearsal and maybe a plan, the Horse will hear itself at the same time you do. All you need to do is be here at NYA May 1st.
    Fingers crossed.
    Don’t Spook the Horse.
    NYA

Neil Young & Crazy Horse last played live on July 7, 2014 at Laugardalshöllin in Reykjavík, Iceland. The band will also appear at Warnors Theatre on Wednesday, May 2 and Thursday, May 3. Neil Young & Crazy Horse will then perform at The Fox Theater in Bakersfield, California on May 5 and 6.

Pics are starting to show up....Great looking venue
    Last edited by FLS; 05-01-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Rocking!!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Nice set list last night...

Big Time
    Country Home
    Don’t Cry No Tears
    Winterlong
    World On a String
    Scattered (Let’s Think About Livin’)
    Fu@#in’ Up
    Too Far Gone
    Only Love Can Break Your Heart
    Cinnamon Girl
    Cortez the Killer
    Walk On
    Like a Hurricane
    Mansion On the Hill
    (Encore)
    Roll Another Number

Always manages to keep this tune fresh...

Sweetness and jealousy. How do I look in green?

Geez I just saw this thread. Oh well.

Neil announces an acoustic evening in Detriot, Chicago, St. Louis and Boston. Tix available on his archive site.

https://www.neilyoungarchives.com/

Neil Young announces acoustic concert at Fox Theatre

Tickets for the July 3 show are on sale now through Young’s Archives club

Neil Young is headed to Detroit’s Fox Theatre.
    Young announced the July 3 show on Wednesday via his Archives page. It’s part of a four-city, six-show acoustic tour he’s mounting in his “favorite cities,” he writes.
    “The Motor City, where I first recorded with the Mynah Birds on Motown in 1965, where I appeared in a Hootenanny at the Chessmate Club on Livernois and wrote songs in the White Castle across the street; where I played the Masonic Hall with CSNY’s first tour, and where I have so many great friends at Ford,” Young writes. “I’m still trying to get High-Resolution music into cars! Imagine that.”
    Tickets for the show, $49.50-$500, are now on sale through an Archives pre-sale, accessible if you sign up for access to the site with an email address and password. There is a four-ticket limit. A public on-sale has not been announced.
    Young is also playing concerts in Chicago, St. Louis and Boston on the brief tour.
    The 72-year-old rocker has recently been performing shows with his band, Crazy Horse, in Fresno, Calif.
    agraham@detroitnews.com
    (313) 222-2284
    @grahamorama

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Really?...Nobody?

fuck that im in for bean town with the ice crew
    tickets booked probably my 17 or 18th show
    thanks bro
    sse ya soons
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno