FS: Volkl Nanuq (177)

$$$ SOLD $$$

$200 (PayPal'd & shipped to CONUS). $175 for Colo. Front Range/Summit County pickup.

Super-duper add-on deal: I'll throw in the "official" Coltex skins for a total price of $245 for skis + skins ($220 for local delivery)!

If the skis sell separately, I'll sell the skins for $95 (+ shipping).

Note that Volkl does a miserable job of trimming their skins. They were trimmed as wide as the ski (overhanging onto the edges). Trimming back 3-4mm of skin is a difficult task, and when you trim so little off of a skin, the fuzz gets all over the place. All in all, I think I did a good job of it. They may look fuzzy, but they're still too damn sticky.

Also note that I replaced the "keyhole" tip attachment with Black Diamond tip loops. I don't know what Volkl was thinking. I challenge the most graceful among us to rip skins (skis attached) with those keyhole attachments. I have trouble enough stripping skin with these attachments when I'm out of the skis.

I have one tour and two, half days inbounds testing them.

• I can't find a single nick on the edges.
    • The bases took a slight bit of work to get flat, which is why you don't see the factory structure on them in the photo.
    • They're beveled at 1/1.
    • There's one "ding" in the p-tex (about an inch long - shown in the photo) which you can barely feel with your finger. The other scratches are imperceptible (can't be felt when you run your finger over them).

Drilled with inserts for two mounts for Vipecs:
    • One set on the line for BSL=297
    • Another set @ -1.5cm for BSL=297

Mounting BSL range (+12/-12 heel track adjustment):
    • On the line hole set: 285-309
    • -1.5 hole set: 285-309
    • Toe on the line, heel with -1.5 holes: 300-324

The extra hole with the "p-clip" also has an insert. I wanted a stronger attachment point for experimentation with breakaway leashes. The leashes shown are for illustrative purposes and not included.

Included: Stainless screws for Vipecs, along with the p-clip for the leash.
    Not Included: The leashes

Thanks for looking, and scroll down for photos ...

...Thom

Shown with leashes attached (leashes not included):

Closeup of inserts:

Bases:

Skins

Skins - Closeup of fit (& Black Diamond Tip Loops):

Skins - fuzz (Coltex tail clip shown):

Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-28-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Bump for a good ski I'd buy if I wasn't already on them.

Another bump to say I dig those leash attachments... Gonna have to steal that idea.

It first occurred to me on a set of skis mounted with inserts for Wardens. When I converted them for touring, the exposed front pair of holes with inserts were staring me in the face.

The anchor points go under various names: p-clips and cable clamps are two terms that come to mind. The ones I found were galvanized & coated with plastic. Nylon ones are easiest to find. Maybe Nylon makes for the perfect fused connection, but I don't know how it reacts to extended UV exposure.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 05-15-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Galibier Design

who the fuck skis w leashes.

praxis rx
    Last edited by byates1; 05-15-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: praxis rx

FS: Volkl Nanuq (177)

OK questions. Have a buddy that would benefit. Any chance they will fit frame binders..? Either current holes or diff

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I doubt Vipec holes would match up with any frame bindings, but perhaps with Fritschi? I have a Freeride template in my files and can check.

I think I saw a post about you possibly picking up some pre EPF markers from Kopi_red?

I have a template for OG Dukes sitting around. If that's the same pattern as these, I can check the overlay/conflict.

I don't know if this interests you, but Sport Conrad is clearing out Beast 14s for 199€.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-22-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Galibier Design

Nice deal Thom, I have bindings to fit but just unfortunately don't need these...

Might get these for a friend to match with guardians. He is 5'10, 190 lbs, never skied in his life. Good, bad, terrible idea

^ Get a sale package from Evo for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ Get a sale package from Evo for cheap.
    I agree. While it's a great deal with the skins, he probably won't be touring for a while - unless he's an athletic savante ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Ooohh sorely tempting. I have a pair of VWerks BMT 109 in 186cm that are a bit too big, but I'm afraid these will be on the small side. Do they still float alright? I only have one set of touring skis and am looking for something a bit smaller/more maneuverable for most tours, but don't want to drown when it gets soft.

Also, bump for beautiful skis.

Quote Originally Posted by airdonut41 View Post
    Ooohh sorely tempting. I have a pair of VWerks BMT 109 in 186cm that are a bit too big, but I'm afraid these will be on the small side. Do they still float alright? I only have one set of touring skis and am looking for something a bit smaller/more maneuverable for most tours, but don't want to drown when it gets soft.

Let me know if ya want to sell them BMTs

Quote Originally Posted by airdonut41 View Post

I got them for late season tours - for scratchy to slushy snow, and only skied them in those conditions so I haven't tested their float in pow. I'm somewhat torn about letting these skis go 'coz I realize that the long, effective edge and traditional feel is exactly what makes them suitable for couloirs.

In terms of "too short", they ski longer than my 182 GPOs in terms of turn initiation, if that helps.

They ski pretty traditionally, and if I were to mount 'em and ski them again, I'd move them back forward to on the line (unless I decided to ski them in mid-winter). I think I was a bit optimistic about how quickly I could turn them.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-26-2019 at 12:41 AM.
    Galibier Design

Bump for price drop. Skis + Coltex skins for $245.

Clarified BSL compatibility in original post.

Help a maggot pay for his new (to me) Billy Goats.

... Thom
    Galibier Design