Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    And what's with people pulling out in front of traffic and then leisurely moseying up to speed? I mean, I'm in a HUGE FUCKING TRUCK - do you not see it? It's bright red. Get your ass moving.

Has happened 3 times this week alone.

Or the ones that pull onto an interstate with traffic moving along at ~70 and they just mosey into the middle lane apparently without even looking causing all sorts of other vehicles to stand on the brakes. That happened twice today

Oh, and self-driving cars solve most of these problems. Hell... probably all of them.

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Or the ones that pull onto an interstate with traffic moving along at ~70 and they just mosey into the middle lane apparently without even looking causing all sorts of other vehicles to stand on the brakes. That happened twice today
    I've had people get *pissed* at me when I haven't been ABLE to move over on the hwy. It's like they don't know it's THEIR responsibility to merge safely.

Assholes. Self-driving cars solve this too.

And traffic.

Wow, that gal got really lucky. Clearly paying zero attention, just casually rolling through a red not even pedaling.

Her wrist was a little floppy when she stood up, ouch...

That's nothing. You need to go and look on Liveleak for "bike accident china".

Amazing the pop she got from a truck that didn't even appear to be moving very fast

^^^^^^^Suhweeet... My fucking town. Frankly amazed shit like this doesn't happen more frequently. All wrong on the cyclist. ( I got no issues with them in general ). People winging it through that intersection frequently. If I was driving I'da lit into him/ her. Cops... , fix my truck, ticket for you etc.

- The truck turning across in front of rider is in the red so way late on riders part.

Same with pedestrians here. No look both ways before crossing, Just assume you got Right of way and plunge in, head down on the phone. I have told more than a few how I might get in trouble for hitting them but my bumper is prolly gonna crush your pelvis so make the call.

Ouch on the wrist. Damn gnarly lookin. Gots to be broken.

Sweet new Toyota. Driver gets out and says' What the Fuck'! I'm sure of it. I'da hucked the bike to the curb too.

Was that filmed by the TGR store? Definitely the biker’s fault.

I get honked at weekly by drivers in GJ because I'm not riding on the sidewalk despite it being illegal. Its 3 miles to the TH and 3 miles back, I'm more terrified of being on the road then I am riding Lunch Loops. Grand Junction may have some of the best riding in the state but the people/town fucking blow.

On my way home from work Friday afternoon I approached a 4-way stop on two low-traffic side streets. Slightly uphill grade, speed was about 10 mph, with excellent visibility in all directions. I'm going straight, no peds in sight, no cross traffic in sight, only car around was a big diesel pickup in the oncoming lane 30-40 yds out from the other side of the intersection. So, like a reasonable person I rolled right through it.

I reach the other side of the intersection and the driver of the pickup, who is still 10 yards from the stop sign and does not have a blinker on, leans out his window and says, "Hey! There's a stop sign there, SHITHEAD!" at the top of his fucking lungs, like I had just threaded the needle between multiple moms pushing baby strollers at 30 mph. I should have just told him to have a nice day, but was a bit taken aback and flipped the bird and told him to fuck off. I could then hear him yelling, "You sumbitch! Get back here!" I fully expected him to make a U-turn and chase me down, but thankfully he didn't. That was weird.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 07-02-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Commute into work this morning. Turned onto a street (1-way, bike lane in right hand side) that I'm on for 3 blocks before turning left. 1/2 way through the first block a car with blinkers on is blocking the bike lane. At this point, I just move across all the lanes to the far left since I'm making a left turn shortly and traffic is clear.

On the last block before I turn left an SUV runs up behind me, starts honking and tailgating. Dude then watches me turn left, turns left too, and gets stopped at the same stoplight as me on the next street, where he proceeds to roll down his window and shout all kinds of nasties at me about using bike lanes, not allowed in left lane, etc etc etc.

Fuck Drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    <snip> I should have just told him to have a nice day,
    Always go with this one... always.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Commute into work this morning. Turned onto a street (1-way, bike lane in right hand side) that I'm on for 3 blocks before turning left. 1/2 way through the first block a car with blinkers on is blocking the bike lane. At this point, I just move across all the lanes to the far left since I'm making a left turn shortly and traffic is clear.

On the last block before I turn left an SUV runs up behind me, starts honking and tailgating. Dude then watches me turn left, turns left too, and gets stopped at the same stoplight as me on the next street, where he proceeds to roll down his window and shout all kinds of nasties at me about using bike lanes, not allowed in left lane, etc etc etc.

Fuck Drivers.
    maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like -- on a street with a bike lane -- you rode 2 1/2 blocks in the left lane? Sounds like the SUV should have had the opportunity to get ahead of you, but couldn't? Sure, he might only have gained 3 seconds of time, and it wasn't worth berating you over, but it sounds like you were in the wrong (and in my view, "in the wrong" in car/bike interactions is where the biker is not obeying traffic rules AND that results in slowing down a driver that is obeying traffic rules).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like -- on a street with a bike lane -- you rode 2 1/2 blocks in the left lane? Sounds like the SUV should have had the opportunity to get ahead of you, but couldn't? Sure, he might only have gained 3 seconds of time, and it wasn't worth berating you over, but it sounds like you were in the wrong (and in my view, "in the wrong" in car/bike interactions is where the biker is not obeying traffic rules AND that results in slowing down a driver that is obeying traffic rules).
    Totally allowable in CO bike law. No where in CO law are you required to ride in the bike lane at all times: http://colobikelaw.com/coloradolaw.html . I was reasonably preparing for a left-turn when it was easy to move across traffic, rather than interrupt multiple cars as I crossed 3 lanes of traffic a block later.

"A person operating a bicycle or an electrical assisted bicycle upon a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes may ride as near to the left-hand curb or edge of such roadway as judged safe by the bicyclist, subject to the following conditions:
    - If the left-hand lane then available for traffic is wide enough to be safely shared with overtaking vehicles, a bicyclist shall ride far enough to the left as judged safe by the bicyclist to facilitate the movement of such overtaking vehicles unless other conditions make it unsafe to do so.
    A bicyclist shall not be expected or required to:
    - Ride over or through hazards at the edge of a roadway, including but not limited to fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or narrow lanes; or
    - Ride without a reasonable safety margin on the left-hand side of the roadway."
    Last edited by doebedoe; 07-02-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Fuck Drivers.
    Sounds like you took over the left lane, held up traffic, and then turned left a couple blocks later. correct?

Maybe i am reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Sounds like you took over the left lane, held up traffic, and then turned left a couple blocks later. correct?

Maybe i am reading it wrong.
    Correction: I held up one driver, for less than one block, in the left lane of traffic on a one way (legal in CO) before making a left hand turn. Said driver then proceeded to spew bullshit that isn't true in CO and generally ruin my pleasant morning commute.

Correction: I held up one driver, for less than one block, in the left lane of traffic on a one way (legal in CO) before making a left hand turn. Said driver then proceeded to spew bullshit that isn't true in CO and generally ruin my pleasant morning commute.
    Is it now one block or two? Share the road buddy, nobody cares what the law says. Then again, that driver can go fuck themselves nothing you did was that bad.

I saw a few bikers blow through a busy intersection in SF this month. They were hauling ass, I’ve never seen anything like it for blowing through anything before at that speed. Cars were waiting for them, then it looked clear so this mom and kid in a car slowly went through and another biker blew through the stop sign and almost hit her. The mom had her window down already calmly said something like, ‘Hey, you shoulda stopped!’ Biker girl yelled at her from two feet away, “We don’t stop, bitch!!”

So many clowns biking these days, go back to driving you are making it bad for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Always go with this one... always.
    Yeah, I regretted it immediately. Unfotunately I reacted viscerally before my rational brain could step in.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Biker girl yelled at her from two feet away, “We don’t stop, bitch!!”
    Wow, she deserves to get greased.

Is it now one block or two? Share the road buddy, nobody cares what the law says. Then again, that driver can go fuck themselves nothing you did was that bad..
    Right there in the first post. It was 2 1/2 blocks that I was in the left lane. But he only was in the lane for the last block after turning onto the street.

The problem is no one cares what the law says and everyone wants to cite the law when they feel wronged.

Is it now one block or two? Share the road buddy, nobody cares what the law says. Then again, that driver can go fuck themselves nothing you did was that bad.

I saw a few bikers blow through a busy intersection in SF this month. They were hauling ass, I’ve never seen anything like it for blowing through anything before at that speed. Cars were waiting for them, then it looked clear so this mom and kid in a car slowly went through and another biker blew through the stop sign and almost hit her. The mom had her window down already calmly said something like, ‘Hey, you shoulda stopped!’ Biker girl yelled at her from two feet away, “We don’t stop, bitch!!”

So many clowns biking these days, go back to driving you are making it bad for the rest of us.
    That's nuts even for the entitled bikers of sf. What intersection / direction? I can't image too many around me you could get away with that for long before ending up on a windshield

The problem is no one cares what the law says and everyone wants to cite the law when they feel wronged.
    Agreed. Kinda sounds like what you are doing here, though.

We weren't there so we can't know how egregious the situation was, but from the way you wrote it, sounds like you were the one that was in the wrong initially. A VERY small wrong that did not warrant the drivers reaction.

I see the issue being one of cyclists choosing to ride on roads and in situations where they cannot either ride safely separate from traffic (specific bike lanes), or safely with traffic (keeping up with traffic, empty side streets, etc). And in those cases, they expect all drivers to make allowances for them that increase the hazard to all road users. Cyclists also get pissed when drivers accidentally don't see them- they fail to realize that they themselves are choosing an very exposed transportation method in which they are also making themselves difficult to see.

Too many people feel special. Cyclists feeling entitled to lanes of traffic, and motorists thinking that saving 30 seconds is worth risking someone else's life.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Agreed. Kinda sounds like what you are doing here, though.

We weren't there so we can't know how egregious the situation was, but from the way you wrote it, sounds like you were the one that was in the wrong initially. A VERY small wrong that did not warrant the drivers reaction.

I see the issue being one of cyclists choosing to ride on roads and in situations where they cannot either ride safely separate from traffic (specific bike lanes), or safely with traffic (keeping up with traffic, empty side streets, etc). And in those cases, they expect all drivers to make allowances for them that increase the hazard to all road users. Cyclists also get pissed when drivers accidentally don't see them- they fail to realize that they themselves are choosing an very exposed transportation method in which they are also making themselves difficult to see.

Too many people feel special. Cyclists feeling entitled to lanes of traffic, and motorists thinking that saving 30 seconds is worth risking someone else's life.
    Cyclist choose to ride on those roads because they have a right to use them just like cars do. Drivers have to make allowances. Cyclists make allowances for cars all time as well. As a cyclist trying to use a bike for transport I have to get places. I don't get to choose whether those roads are well designed for bikes or not. I do choose routes that are bike friendly when I can, but I still have to get to work. That is why the law says cyclists have rights to the road, just like a car.

Why is a car entitled to a lane of traffic anymore than a cyclist? They're not. We're both trying to go to work. The context here is a downtown area, not a rural mountain road.