Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    A tram from Weber would be so cool.
    I've only skied around there over the last 15 years but this year, the delayed or lack of opening Strawberry has been annoying. Is it due to lack of control work or mechanical issues or wind?
    Wind. SW flow, which favors SB, shuts that lift down due to the cross wind at the top, and we've had lots of SW storms this year. That's why they've proposed a high speed quad that would end about 500 vertical feet below the ridgeline.

Further expansion of the Snow Basin base will lead to another road shit show like LCC in no time.

A tram from Weber state would not only defray traffic and diminish auto pollution, but it would also benefit small, diverse businesses in Ogden.
    And the same winds that shut Strawberry down frequently would shut a Weber gondy/tram down. What happens on days with calm mornings and heavy afternoon winds? Have busses standing by to shuttle thousands back down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=spanky;5586618]https://www.snowbasin.com/epicpass/[/QUOTE

Link no longer works, and suddenly no longer any mention of Epic Pass on their website.

Name:  epic.PNG
Views: 420
Size:  12.9 KB

Interesting as there has been some rumored strong pushback from current Basin season pass holders.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Tnerb View Post
    And the same winds that shut Strawberry down frequently would shut a Weber gondy/tram down. What happens on days with calm mornings and heavy afternoon winds? Have busses standing by to shuttle thousands back down?
    I don't understand the argument if the area gets shut down. Ski back?

Would customers be happier if they could drive up there and wait while Strawberry doesn't open? The point is to make access easier and lower pollution, something lots of people in the Wasatch front seem to be concerned about.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I think his point is that even when Strawberry is closed to high winds, 2/3 of the resort (Needles & JP) are still open. If a Weber gondola was succeptible to these same high winds, you'd have a lot of stranded riders needing transport back to Ogden.
    Montani Semper Liberi

There was a great video on fb last month from Strawberry showing skiers getting blown backwards. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit- Malaysian yahoo FTW: https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/skie...191902675.html

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    I think his point is that even when Strawberry is closed to high winds, 2/3 of the resort (Needles & JP) are still open. If a Weber gondola was succeptible to these same high winds, you'd have a lot of stranded riders needing transport back to Ogden.
    ^^This.

[QUOTE=MarsB;5591634]
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    https://www.snowbasin.com/epicpass/[/QUOTE

Link no longer works, and suddenly no longer any mention of Epic Pass on their website.

Name:  epic.PNG
Views: 420
Size:  12.9 KB

Interesting as there has been some rumored strong pushback from current Basin season pass holders.
    It’s there. Just got moved under season passes.

https://www.snowbasin.com/tickets-pa...epicpass<br />

[QUOTE=Tnerb;5591755]

It’s there. Just got moved under season passes.

https://www.snowbasin.com/tickets-pa...epicpass<br />

I updated my link. Thanks.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I don't understand the argument if the area gets shut down. Ski back?

Would customers be happier if they could drive up there and wait while Strawberry doesn't open? The point is to make access easier and lower pollution, something lots of people in the Wasatch front seem to be concerned about.
    curious, whats then approximate distance the tram would travel?

I get that. I'm trying to convey that if Strawberry isn't open, then the tram/gondie/funivie/funicular wouldn't open either.

Either we try to address the traffic problem or not. If we don't, it's going to end up in the same shitshow as LCC/BCC.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Seems like they need a sick tram up Malan's basin. Stop short of the peak.

Then, put in a high-speed six pack chair about 100 feet from the top. Six person chair runs the backside behind Mt. Ogden. Would be a cool little 1,000 vert foot chair bowl.

Next, a tunnel that goes underground and plops you out below Porky cirque.

Boom.

I get that. I'm trying to convey that if Strawberry isn't open, then the tram/gondie/funivie/funicular wouldn't open either.

So what if Tram open, then winds pick up during the course of the day forcing a closure?
    Montani Semper Liberi

So what if Tram open, then winds pick up during the course of the day forcing a closure?
    They can open it based on the wind forecast for the upcoming day.