Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I have chronic pain. I am in the process of tapering off though. I skip a dose before I ski and wait till Im home. Not sure why its a big deal? Im not scoring shit off the streets or nodding off on the chair lift.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I have chronic pain. I am in the process of tapering off though. I skip a dose before I ski and wait till Im home. Not sure why its a big deal? Im not scoring shit off the streets or nodding off on the chair lift.
    More like--if you have the kind of pain that requires oxy I would think that would be a bigger problem for your skiing than needing a warm up routine or better technique or getting in better shape--which would be hard with chronic pain. It certainly is for me.

If you're skipping your usual oxy dose to ski you might be tense because you're in pain. I don't know how much oxy you're taking but if you're taking it around the clock you're habituated to it and it isn't doing you any good. Do you take anything else to substitute for the oxy when you ski? Long acting tylenol plus naprosyn works fairly well for me. The other thing that might help, corny as it may sound, is to not think about your skiing--just feel the wind in your face and the snow under your feet, see the mountains. Enjoy seeing the high proportion of good looking women. Think about how lucky we are to have this sport. Like the man said--let gravity take over. Gravity is our friend.

Name:  KKKKKKKKKKKKnee.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  24.2 KB