Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Wydaho Circle jerk

Here. I'll just start this thread for you guys.

Not that you were cunting up the other one, just that this needs its own.

I happily bring my cunt here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Here. I'll just start this thread for you guys.

Not that you were cunting up the other one, just that this needs its own.
    You know you’re gonna be there.

My schedule is all over the place with clinical rotations May-July, August I pretty much have off though the fishing can be tough. I have a futon in the garage if anyone needs crash space. On the ID side.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    You know you’re gonna be there.
    Eventually, all things merge into one.

Hey youse guys check this out. Been up on Green river lake before? This year for the first time the former Forest service employee cabin is up for public rental. $ 100 a night. Stayed in it 20+ yrs ago with a FS employee friend. Stunning views and I think, not sucky fishing.

Anyone interested in a group weekend blast? maybe a fri.,sat., sun. thing?

I saw it on jhradio website but google will go to the FS site. I'd bust a move on it for us depending on interest. Fall is gorgeous up there. It's on the Union pass rd BTW.

Fantastic area. Best floats on the green are up there, at least imo.

If you get it sometime this summer I’ll try my best to take a spot.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im hudge into the green things
    but probably cant do it till late aug sept
    and a frost sure aint gonna hurt the skeeter issues
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hell yeah, Dibbs. My first thought was the skeeter thing. Big and mean in the Winds. Kinda thinking a Fall time frame for sure. What's agood time in September? The later the mellower I'd think

Fellas feel free to school me on when is/isn't a good time, etc. I'm in it for the fun / Bro-down. But Open to all insight as I am at best a Teeny tiny fly fisherman. Not Huge.

I looked into getting some days at the Green river lake lodge but they sold out all the dates from July through November in 12 minutes...That's what the FS gal told me.

So how does a get together near Jh in September sound? Or even early October? We could get on any of the water around here.

What's a good plan, anyone?

Sept is tough for me. Gone late Oct. I could swing a night and a day or two in early Oct.
    this weekend is booked for me Djongo but I’d be happy to go out with you anytime after next Wednesday. Shoot a pm and we can take a day on a river.

I have three weeks off in August then move to Boise until Nov 15th for internship. I will be working 48/96's and could theoretically make it back but will likely be tough. If anyone wants to fish in August lets!

We should get out one of these days, Snapt.

Yep, I'll be hollerin at you shortly, Schwerty.

Maybe a shindig in August instead? Cripes, that's only a few weeks away!
    Nothing major, just an opportunity for some of us to get together ...

My plans to fish my guts out in your neck of the woods completely changed with Miss Teleees father getting hit with the big C this summer, so instead I have been hanging out in hospitals in Iowa. We are still going to try and make it out in August at some point. Would be great to fish with you guys. Schwerty we usually have some solid days on the water at this point, I need to get up and fish with ya!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I’m here Teleee. Ready whenever you can make it!

Looking forward to another round of beers with you and the Mrs. Teleee. Schwerty lets make it happen in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yep, I'll be hollerin at you shortly, Schwerty.

Maybe a shindig in August instead? Cripes, that's only a few weeks away!
    Nothing major, just an opportunity for some of us to get together ...
    I might have head up that way and drag my raft and my fisherkid and fisherpooch one these weekends
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Help!

Heading up Friday-Sunday, GF's dad and I will be fishing one day, planning on just hitting the Teton outside driggs as we will be mountain biking both days unless someone wants to offer us a float! He's never fly fished before, so any beta on decent wade access holes on the Teton and fly rec's would be greatly appreciated in the PM. This will be my first time fishing up there, and don't know when I'll be back so don't worry about me blowing up your spots! Would love to be able to get him on some dry fly action.

Is it similar to SLC area, PMD>Caddis through the afternoon?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Help!

Heading up Friday-Sunday, GF's dad and I will be fishing one day, planning on just hitting the Teton outside driggs as we will be mountain biking both days unless someone wants to offer us a float! He's never fly fished before, so any beta on decent wade access holes on the Teton and fly rec's would be greatly appreciated in the PM. This will be my first time fishing up there, and don't know when I'll be back so don't worry about me blowing up your spots! Would love to be able to get him on some dry fly action.

Is it similar to SLC area, PMD>Caddis through the afternoon?
    As far as the river in the valley goes, there is no such thing as blowing one's secret spots. Because there are no secret spots. None. In July, the river is heavily trafficked by anglers and play boaters alike. There's multiple lodges touting this river and it's in all the guide books so its not like a little advice here is going to change a damn thing. Around here, the really valuable local knowledge is about timing, not access or secret spots.

In the valley, public access is good for boating but generally poor for wading. The two exceptions are the Fox Creek and Rainey access points. Again, I will stress that these are very well known public access points and see lots of local and visiting wade anglers due to a general lack of public wading access in the valley.

Fox Creek access gets you into the top of the upper slough. It is a mucky, weedy spring creek habitat that provides challenging, technical fishing to educated fish. This where to go to stalk a large riser feeding on pmd life cycle, ants, etc. It's not easy fishing and a great place to take a beginner if you want to turn him off of flyfishing forever. The fish are smart and the muck bottom takes all the fun out of getting into the water, to put it mildly. Plus, you'll probably get hemmed in by anglers above and below you; spook all the fish in front of you and your day is fucked.

Rainey is the public campground area. This part is meandering meadow stream with heavy willows and it has a more solid bottom than the slough. Down there you'll also find bugs that exist in gravel. It's also pretty much ground zero for playboaters and worm chuckers. Rainey has about a mile of wade accessible water though (pm sent) and it does hold plenty of fish, including lots of easier to catch brookies.

You can rent inflatables in Driggs. That would be my advice.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 07-17-2018 at 01:01 PM.

thanks!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

There's an access yes property a mile or so below Harrop's Bridge with about a mile of riverfront. More classic riffles and caddis down that way, boaters take out above it, and a little easier to wade, and less people.

Yeah, there a secret hole right under that house on the hill. Go fish that one. That guy loves to share his secrets.

Railroad Ranch one week out. From what I understand in reading all the books is that bumper boats are full tilt this time of year. The current plan is to leave the skiff in the narth. Walk and wade is totally fine with my old man and I. All mags are welcome to join but just a reminder, we fucking suck at fishing. Any suggestions, wisdom, must bring along, do and do not in and around IP or any other insight are greatly appreciated.

You can always go feed the fish and taunt the moose at big springs. Also getting whiskey drunk in front of all the mormons at Ponds is fairly entertaining.