Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Checking in from Driggs. Roads good here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Made it home just before things got nasty. Stay safe gents!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0391.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	298485

suspect roads inside the park could be shitty tomorrow if a layer of ice freezes right on the road surface with some fresh snow on top, but they did have plows out today, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. unpaved roads might be sketch, but forecast for tomorrow looks like an articulated meat hatch. fishing was great until noon today when the storm blasted in right on schedule, quit early out of an abundance of caution and a hankering for bourbon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7546.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	298499

Current location: watching college football at Djongo's crib.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Wydaho Circle Jerk Recap

The plan started with 8-9 maggots in 3 drift boats on the Snake, and ended up with 3 maggots with no boats drinking whiskey at noon in the Stagecoach Bar in Wilson WY. Oh well. Such is life in the Northern Rockies.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    from 70's sunny poopersniffin hump day

to a 20's face shot sunday

on this end
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Had the day off so headed out early. Met Captn Lumpy to exercize some fish. It was cold and blueburd. I suck at pictures. Dibbs you were missed. I love Wydaho.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_220742.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	299408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_113417.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	299409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_220333.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	299410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_220256.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	299411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_215834.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	299412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_220205.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	299413
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Chunky chunky
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Enjoyable afternoon on the lower Hank. Thanks for the tips Schwerty. Found some willing risers above St Anthony and managed not to get stuck. Liking the Idaho waters!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Baetis fishing in the valley has been good. This next week may extend the streak.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 11-17-2019 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Baetis fishing in the valley has been good. This next week may extend the streak.
    Took a vacation and assumed I'd be done fishing by the time I returned this week. weather hitting 50 in JH Monday/Tuesday and I'm looking forward to at least a midge feeding frenzy on the snake both days. then it can start snowing.

What's the best guide outfit in island park area for HF and are there any mag recommended guides? Thinking of hosting my out of town dfo crew and my knowledge of the Hank is not up to snuff by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    What's the best guide outfit in island park area for HF and are there any mag recommended guides? Thinking of hosting my out of town dfo crew and my knowledge of the Hank is not up to snuff by a long shot
    I recommend Three Rivers Ranch. The guides are good; not much turnover in that crew. The price is about the same as everyone else. It's centrally located between the upper and lower river. Most importantly, TRR has two outfitter permits for the Henry's. That means TRR can put up to six boats on any section on a given day. That's important because the bookings for the best hatch periods tend to fill up in advance with knowledgeable repeat customers. It's pretty easy to get a mid-August booking for the HF; a lot harder to get one when the big bugs or the drakes are coming off. Also, on a given day, one section of the river may be producing a hell of a lot better fishing than the rest. A single permit outfitter can't put enough boats into the hot section to satisfy demand. If there is a conflict over permit slots, I guarantee you that repeat customers and lodge guests will get that desirable section.

Ask for BJ Gerhart, that guy literally lives to fish and yet he is super laid back and has a great reserve of patience. Book your trip through the lodge office, not the satellite shops. The most experienced guides primarily work out of the lodge and the lodge has the final say on who gets what section. If you need more than one guide, ask for BJ to pick them. You are expected to place a deposit to hold a booking.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 12-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I recommend Three Rivers Ranch. The guides are good; not much turnover in that crew. The price is the same as everyone else. It's centrally located between the upper and lower river. Most importantly, TRR has two outfitter permits for the Henry's. That means TRR can put up to six boats on any section on a given day. That's important because the bookings for the best hatch periods tend to fill up in advance with knowledgeable repeat customers. It's pretty easy to get a mid-August booking for the HF; a lot harder to get one when the big bugs or the drakes are coming off.
    Thank you much

Nother one, can anyone recommend a simple cheap place for a group of fishermen to stay in Thermopolis? Typically like a place with a kitchen and/or grill. Scoping Eagle RV park but heard cabins two small for four dudes

Nother one, can anyone recommend a simple cheap place for a group of fishermen to stay in Thermopolis? Typically like a place with a kitchen and/or grill. Scoping Eagle RV park but heard cabins two small for four dudes
    Check out airbnb, we stayed at a pretty sweet hours for under $100 per night
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Check out airbnb, we stayed at a pretty sweet hours for under $100 per night
    Didn't see much nearby for 6 or 7 dudes except for a pricey one up the canyon unfort

Gotcha, I was thinking more like 4 dudes, I have a high school buddy who lives in Thermopolis, I will ask him what he recommends.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Hey thanks man yeah I could have been more clear. If he has an opinion of the cabins at eagle rv park that would rule too, thanks

Hey thanks man yeah I could have been more clear. If he has an opinion of the cabins at eagle rv park that would rule too, thanks
    Will do, that is a great stretch of water. I need to get back and float that soon

His words - "nice basic cabins, I wouldn't put more than 3 dudes per cabin"

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    His words - "nice basic cabins, I wouldn't put more than 3 dudes per cabin"
    Cool thanks man. At your prompting I looked at Airbnb again and found something that will work

What's goin on?

Headed to that stretch of water in Wy that attracts many Utards Fri Sat and Sun.
    Maybe put The Turdcunter on Eagle bar's asshole of the week board if I make it that far north.
    Or if a Wydaho mag headed south could make it happen that'd be great thanks.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Wydaho Circle jerk

Hunting WY unit 51 elk archery south of Cooke City. Any fishing suggestions up that way if I fill my tag early?

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Hunting WY unit 51 elk archery south of Cooke City. Any fishing suggestions up that way if I fill my tag early?

Montana or Wyoming? I grew up in that area and a large portion of that was my families summer range to run our cattle. Many a day spent on horse back up there. The best bet is the high mountain lakes. If you really want to fish something cool hike down into the Clarks Fork canyon, but that is an all day deal.