Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    3rd weekend next and possibly last river rendezous for the season
    i doubt ill drive to and pay idaho to limit out on snake smiles
    don't count out the snake yet...

I have to haul the power drifter to the mothership in Idaho Falls for some work if anyone wants to fish around those parts the weekend of 10/18 - 10/20. The boat is in the shop mid-week so I will be kicking tires in those neck of the woods until she is finished up on that Friday at some point then I could head for the south fork.

any of you southern ID, jackson, utards and harry montanans up for gatherings the 3rd weekend of Oct?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    don't count out the snake yet...

I have to haul the power drifter to the mothership in Idaho Falls for some work if anyone wants to fish around those parts the weekend of 10/18 - 10/20. The boat is in the shop mid-week so I will be kicking tires in those neck of the woods until she is finished up on that Friday at some point then I could head for the south fork.

any of you southern ID, jackson, utards and harry montanans up for gatherings the 3rd weekend of Oct?
    This sounds very interesting. I will have better idea closer to then.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

the weekend of 10/18 - 10/20.

the 3rd weekend of Oct?
    I think that is the weekend Kokomas proposed as a JH Ullarfest. If so I could party in JH Saturday night and fish on Sunday.

I work that Saturday until 2.

Kokomas: what is the word on Ullarfest ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I'm fairly certain that Kokomas had changed the date to maybe the 12th. I think he had something come up for the 19th.

MK - Damn dog, been a while; since BBI. My place is open to you. Bring 2Funky...

Open to all for that matter. Howzabout a Park float? Jackson lake Dam to Deadman's bar or Moose or Wison bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'm fairly certain that Kokomas had changed the date to maybe the 12th. I think he had something come up for the 19th.

MK - Damn dog, been a while; since BBI. My place is open to you. Bring 2Funky...

Open to all for that matter. Howzabout a Park float? Jackson lake Dam to Deadman's bar or Moose or Wison bridge?
    Djongo that's right, I am out of town Oct 19. Don't let that stop you guys. I could attend Oct 12 somewheres or I may be able to host Oct 26...checking if the kiddos got us booked for Halloween
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    This sounds very interesting. I will have better idea closer to then.
    Clear out the calendar and kidnap a few others from the Wasatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I work that Saturday until 2. TGR Forums
    Sunday float? You off Monday too?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

I am good with anything! I will leave the logistics of floats to the locals. Park float sounds amazing.

Appreciate the lodging offer however I'll be rolling the home on wheels and towing the boat (55' give or take when towing) so parking might a bit tough in town.

Happy to have 2Funky join however my week+ journey might not fit with his work schedule. He and I have discussed a winter assault of the Tetons.

Wydaho Circle jerk

I’ll fish either of the purposes wknds. Probably won’t camp tho.

What’s the Jh gathering all about?

I was suggesting an Ullrfest. I'm out of town weekend of Oct 19 though. Could maybe host a different weekend if there is interest
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i donts haz a checklist
    but the fact that i aint floated deadman to moose yet
    would most def factor in
    as would any desire to tow the hog in snow agains
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sfb - my boat will be around until turkey day. Let me know of you’re coming up. If I can’t float you can take it.

Kokomas - I’m here all month except this wknd. I’m in. I’m sure we could find a suitable venue.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Sfb - my boat will be around until turkey day. Let me know of you’re coming up. If I can’t float you can take it.

Kokomas - I’m here all month except this wknd. I’m in. I’m sure we could find a suitable venue.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Wish I could get an October Sanke float in! Sadly, it isnt in the cards this year. Schwerty still planning a December run and possibly a Thanksgiving one as well.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Teleee - I think we are heading to the Midwest to turkey day. Kinda dreading that trip. Has to have been 20years since I’ve traveled around that holiday. Maybe more.
    Be here all December tho. I’ve got a fresh box of amazon rubber gloves waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i donts haz a checklist
    but the fact that i aint floated deadman to moose yet
    would most def factor in
    as would any desire to tow the hog in snow agains
    Clear out the calendar and kidnap a few others from the Wasatch!

Sunday float? You off Monday too?

I am good with anything! I will leave the logistics of floats to the locals. Park float sounds amazing.

Appreciate the lodging offer however I'll be rolling the home on wheels and towing the boat (55' give or take when towing) so parking might a bit tough in town.

Happy to have 2Funky join however my week+ journey might not fit with his work schedule. He and I have discussed a winter assault of the Tetons.
    Welp if dibbs is in so am I!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

3rd weekend in October; rain, snow or shine. Fishing from wherever you guys choose.
    MK - plenty of long parking right at my house. It's a horse trailer town ya know...
    I gots the usual digs for mags.
    Deadmans to Moose is so stunning. I floated that once in high summer in a Mae West lazily floating about 100 yds behind my fishing friends.

Wydaho Circle jerk

I am definitely in.

DJ, you got room for me Saturday night ? I will get there around 6:30 or 7.

Sunday is the only day I can fish.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Teleee - I think we are heading to the Midwest to turkey day. Kinda dreading that trip. Has to have been 20years since I’ve traveled around that holiday. Maybe more.
    Be here all December tho. I’ve got a fresh box of amazon rubber gloves waiting for you.
    I hear ya, we are debating wither Iowa or Irwin for turkey day, you can guess what I am lobbying for!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thats the spirit TheFugitive, Dibbs and Harry!

Thanks Djongo, I will glamp in my digs on your estate.

Looking forward to meeting many of the other suspects on here who continue to fill the fishing threads with stoke!

Keep fighting the good fight Telee. Spent too many Thanksgivings in Iowa City with howling wind, sleet and snow. Never again!

Wydaho Circle jerk

I have never fished in GTNP. Excellent suggestion by Djongo to fish this stretch. Looking forward to this.

Current roster:
    1) Djongo
    2) Mooseknukles (Boat #1)
    3) schwerty (Boat #2)
    4) Harry
    5) skifishbum (Boat #3)
    6) Sheldon (dog, but counts as a human when calculating how many boats we need)
    7) Fugitive
    8) mini-Fugitive (best fisherman of all of us..)

Sounds like we have enough boats that Fugitive won't have to tow his raft up.

I won't be there on Saturday, but Mooseknukles you should definitely try the South Fork while you are in the area. I will leave those arrangements up to you guys.

Hey DJ: if this is too many peeps at your place we can always go in together on a cheap (for JH) motel. Your roommate/landlord is a very cool guy, but I don't want to overwhelm him.

Last edited by Harry; 10-02-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Wydaho Circle jerk

Legal question: will we need GTNP Fishing Licenses, or WY Fishing Licenses, or both ??? Assume fly shops in JH will be open Sunday morning to buy them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Legal question: will we need GTNP Fishing Licenses, or WY Fishing Licenses, or both ??? Assume fly shops in JH will be open Sunday morning to buy them ?

Sounds like one hell of an outing, I am jealous! You dont need a park fishing license, a Wyoming license will suffice, you will however, need a Park sticker for your boat (unless things have changed since last year) Schwerty can confirm. I love the park floats, some of my favorite water anywhere.

Wydaho Circle jerk

Any of you locals know the regulations for boats on those stretches in the park?

Motors allowed (if not used)?

Happy to work on finding another vessel for those stretches as the one I will be towing has a jet and kicker mounted to the transom.

I wish the ColoRADo fishing mags were this cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

Me too man, me too

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    8 people and 3 drift boats = room for you.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Sounds like one hell of an outing, I am jealous! You dont need a park fishing license, a Wyoming license will suffice, you will however, need a Park sticker for your boat (unless things have changed since last year) Schwerty can confirm. I love the park floats, some of my favorite water anywhere.
    That is correct, i think you can still only get the boat permit at the Visitor Centers in Moose or Colter Bay. There's also typically inspection stations in Moose just before the entrance and Moran, but not sure when they shut down for the season.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's