Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 318
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Even Birdhunter)
    You two would probably get along well. I heard heís a huge bait dunker.

    Dibs witnessed me murder a bat with a cowboy hat one time. Fairly certain it was rapid, so youíre all very welcome.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    You two would probably get along well. I heard heís a huge bait dunker.

    Dibs witnessed me murder a bat with a cowboy hat one time. Fairly certain it was rapid, so youíre all very welcome.
    You get yer rapid shots? Them rapid bats are bad news.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Cool trip and pics, but you are definitely lame to kill the bats. Lame on many levels, but that fat bat is full of mosquitos.

    Buy a few bat houses to make up for your stupidity:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Coveside-Co...8aArzDEALw_wcB

    I'd love to tell your wife about the benefits of a healthy bat population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yeah, killin bats, what the fuck man?
    Appreciate all of your concern for my young children and other family members where these bats were found flying after waking them up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night. How does one become awoken from a dead sleep by said bat...by bat flapping them in the face on multiple occasions as they circle a room and crawl and scratch on window screens. I killed the bats in the night on 2 separate evenings. The state park has multiple bat houses located within the park and surrounding these cabins. These little fucks had ample opportunities to digest their mosquitos elsewhere. While I am sure my wife would love to build a bat house for you, she is busy trying to figure out how we are going to pay the unexpected 10k out of pocket for the amazing experience of immune globulin and rabies vaccines. The 7 shots per person in the first round were amazing...only 3 more trips to the docs office to go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1694.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	243457

    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    He lives in N. Idaho, see this thread for further explanation: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o-Sandpoint-ID
    Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Well fuck... Had I known you were heading to 5B, I would have taken you out for a day. Lost River is a great shop.
    I will attempt to take you up on this generous offer upon our next visit. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    oh shit, I'm getting dizzy...

    The trick to getting bats out of the house is to open the door and then go to the opposite side of the room from the door. Use a broom or a fishing net , whatever, make yourself bigger and then slowly try to herd to bat to the door by making your "sonic profile" as large as you can. The bat is pinging and it can find the door. If you are flopping around in the middle of the room swinging shit at the bat then it just gets confused and panicked and it can't find the door.
    TGR image uploader hates my phone. If the photo is not taken in landscape mode it will be loaded upside down or sideways. Total luck of the draw. Appreciate the GTFO bat method. Much of that was attempted however when its 1am and I'm trying to not wake my 3 and 7 yr old who are sleeping in the room with me and the rodent is flopping around on them and circling back and forth, space turns to a premium. The bat had ample opportunity to avoid the fly swatter beat down.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,944
    Man would I have loved to watch you trying to get the bats with a fly swatter.
    10k? Good lawd!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You get yer rapid shots? Them rapid bats are bad news.
    They were, like, really fast bats.

    Our bat landed on my friendís neck before I dispatched it. His shots, some of which were in his neck, were $11K. After it was all said and done we were able to get him his own rabies tags from a veterinarian.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Looks like a Wyoming circle jerk is commencing this weekend. Gonna be a few of us at the Fonts this weekend, anyone invited that would like to come. (Even Birdhunter)
    Yeah, I'm up for this. Gonna be warm out there this weekend - about 90.

    Somebody ( Dibs?) pm me some details on the campsite. I can read a map.

    I found a minty looking antique - ish fly rod in the garage last night. It's a Herters grand reserve st. albans. Might bring that along to play with.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Greater Drictor Wydaho
    Posts
    4,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    busy trying to figure out how we are going to pay the unexpected 10k out of pocket for the amazing experience of immune globulin and rabies vaccines. The 7 shots per person in the first round were amazing...only 3 more trips to the docs office to go.
    Seriously? Did the doctors tell you it was neccesary? Unless someone was bit, you got screwed. You can only get rabies from a bat if it bites you. For real. Look it up. Rabies is transmitted via saliva. I used to do a lot of caving in my youth, been around hundreds of bats in close quarters. Every day, cavers are around bats without contracting rabies. I've camped in caves full of bats. Less than 0.5% of bat colonies carry rabies. Histoplasmosis is what we worried about, not rabies.

    I guess next time you'll save the bats for testing?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-07-2018 at 08:32 AM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,552
    Sounds like he got raked.

    No disrespect to Mr. Mooseknuckles, but this sounds like a crazy overreaction. Wife-driven perhaps, by the previous comments...?

    I don't blame him for trying to protect his family, but jeezus... dem be pricey shots

    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post

    I guess next time you'll save the bats for testing?

    And this.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    747
    I was totally against the shots and thought for sure everyone was over reacting. I tried to let it go but the drumbeat only got louder and louder. I read about it, looked it up and tried to calculate the odds as I have been around bats in barns and caves many times. Consulted with the PhD expert at the health department "bats are the sole source of rabies in Idaho...we consider you and your families risk of exposure as EXTREMELY HIGH...We advise you to go to the ER and get treated immediately." Then the MD consults began...Infectious Disease, Pediatrician, FP's, ED docs and the list goes on.

    Norse, "Wife-driven" for sure. Instantly after the first night of hearing about the bat being killed where children were sleeping, from memory my wife recites me the CDC guidelines. You can't even imagine the reaction after night 2 in the cabin when the next two bats were found, one hitting her in the face and leg as well as my daughter, the other in my mothers room. Unfortunately the anomalies are far too common in her day to day life. No one held us down and forced us to get the shots. With rabies there is no wait and see. There is only one outcome, death.


    ND, no bite required. http://www.wesh.com/article/6-year-o...ction/15169351

    Hindsight, I should have saved the stock pile of bats I accumulated for testing instead of tossing them out to nature. Raked...possibly. My mother said she is going to die soon but my father said he is not ready to die tomorrow. I witnessed the bat grazing the faces of my sons as they were on a sleeping pad on the floor as I attempted to get it out of the bedroom and out of the house. My wife was hit in the face and leg and says she saw it close to my daughter as they were in the same room together. To loose a child or spouse due to a scratch from a rabid bat that I chose not to get vaccinated after multiple recommendations from countless field specialists and medical professionals, not sure I could deal with that.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,552
    The Great Bat Clusterfuck of 2018!

    Sorry your fam went through this, man. And sorry to cunt up this thread by questioning your choices. I stand corrected now that the story is told.

    Hopefully you can laugh about it all soon.

    Bowing out.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,118
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Looks like a Wyoming circle jerk is commencing this weekend. Gonna be a few of us at the Fonts this weekend, anyone invited that would like to come. (Even Birdhunter)
    due to an unforseen broken collarbone and a now postponed trip to whistler I may be able to make it. I think I can fish but won't know until a couple days when the swelling goes down. I definitely would not be able to row. Any chance someone would have a seat in a boat for a handicap?


  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Looks like a Wyoming circle jerk is commencing this weekend. Gonna be a few of us at the Fonts this weekend, anyone invited that would like to come. (Even Birdhunter)


    Appreciate the invite, but the Fonts in August doesn't sound too appealing to me. I don't think I've ever fished there in August before, maybe you know something I don't?

    Btw, hands down the best bait at the fonts is live crawdads. I have no doubt that Bob will represent us bait tanglers well.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Greater Drictor Wydaho
    Posts
    4,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I was totally against the shots and thought for sure everyone was over reacting. I tried to let it go but the drumbeat only got louder and louder. I read about it, looked it up and tried to calculate the odds as I have been around bats in barns and caves many times. Consulted with the PhD expert at the health department "bats are the sole source of rabies in Idaho...we consider you and your families risk of exposure as EXTREMELY HIGH...We advise you to go to the ER and get treated immediately." Then the MD consults began...Infectious Disease, Pediatrician, FP's, ED docs and the list goes on.

    Norse, "Wife-driven" for sure. Instantly after the first night of hearing about the bat being killed where children were sleeping, from memory my wife recites me the CDC guidelines. You can't even imagine the reaction after night 2 in the cabin when the next two bats were found, one hitting her in the face and leg as well as my daughter, the other in my mothers room. Unfortunately the anomalies are far too common in her day to day life. No one held us down and forced us to get the shots. With rabies there is no wait and see. There is only one outcome, death.


    ND, no bite required. http://www.wesh.com/article/6-year-o...ction/15169351

    Hindsight, I should have saved the stock pile of bats I accumulated for testing instead of tossing them out to nature. Raked...possibly. My mother said she is going to die soon but my father said he is not ready to die tomorrow. I witnessed the bat grazing the faces of my sons as they were on a sleeping pad on the floor as I attempted to get it out of the bedroom and out of the house. My wife was hit in the face and leg and says she saw it close to my daughter as they were in the same room together. To loose a child or spouse due to a scratch from a rabid bat that I chose not to get vaccinated after multiple recommendations from countless field specialists and medical professionals, not sure I could deal with that.
    Hope you got a refund on the cabins. I looked it up and you are correct, the standard CDC protocol now is if a bat is found in a room with sleeping children then shots are administered prophylactically.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah, I'm up for this. Gonna be warm out there this weekend - about 90.

    Somebody ( Dibs?) pm me some details on the campsite. I can read a map.

    I found a minty looking antique - ish fly rod in the garage last night. It's a Herters grand reserve st. albans. Might bring that along to play with.
    Slatecreek
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    due to an unforseen broken collarbone and a now postponed trip to whistler I may be able to make it. I think I can fish but won't know until a couple days when the swelling goes down. I definitely would not be able to row. Any chance someone would have a seat in a boat for a handicap?

    I will chauffeur row you my gimpy friend and we can throw DJ in the back. I would drag the red rocket out but I need to figure out a fender situation and clean the l3aky op valve in the floor. Might throw a late night at it but probably not.

    Caught a wyo cuttslam around the tribasin divide last Sun. Phone went for a long swim in a deep hole along with fartographic proof. Surprisingly bigguns in one of them cricks too. That is goddamn gods country in the wyo range can't wait to get back up there
    Bunny Don't Surf

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,757
    bummers bout the bats
    i seem to recall bat boys bat being dispatched
    but not into the river leo who showed up soon afters possession
    ill probably head up this afternoon/eve
    if we aint at slate creek
    weeping rock has better swinging run
    and were there
    pm you my digits
    bummer bout the wing d
    ill bring your project wounded warrior shirt and a south bend auto strip oreno reel and
    if ya wanna float we all aint gonna fit in a 17' boat
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,118
    fingers crossed but I am no where near as mobile or feeling all awesome like like the doc said I'd be by the end of the week. He may have been a bit aggressive on his timing. Not a chance in hell I could wave a fly pole around right now, definitely not one attached to a heavy sink tip and a 6" streamer.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,598
    Just bring a bait caster and some rubber worms....
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Or a Tenkara rod!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Just bring a bait caster and some rubber worms....
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Or a Tenkara rod!
    Or a tenkara stick and a bucket of crawlers
    Bunny Don't Surf

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,851
    Transport issues kept me out of this weekends whydaho circlejerk.

    Hope you guys tenkara the fuk outta some whitefish
    Bunny Don't Surf

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,072

    Wydaho Circle jerk

    They caught some Utah chubs. I do know that. Iím hoping someone stuck a J hook through one of them and sunk it to the bottom of a deep hole.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Fish were caught. Coulda used the other generator and some A/C for the mid afternoon siestas. Spent most of my time being a hugeflyfisherman, but did delve into the worms for a float and 1/10th of another. Pink bobbers definitely outperformed worms.

    I hooked a lot of fish and could get them to the boat, thatís where it seemed to usually break down. Lotta hook pulls at the boat.

    Djongo came over from Jackson and helped to row the Tupparware mothership. (And bring us beers and goodies, thanks man!). The Ugly Stick from Lando was paid forward, be sure to get out and use it!

    My Pax took a dunking on Saturday afternoon and refused to turn on until magically coming to life this morning to make breaking camp more enjoyable.

    Pre-trip pontoon maintenance.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0836.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	244100

    Bindi wants off the pontoon

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0842.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	244102

    My dog always looks HAF

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0849.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	936.4 KB 
ID:	244103

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0853.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	244104

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	244105

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	244106

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	244108

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	244109

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0876.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	244110

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	244109

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0933.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	244111

    Bindi spent at least three minutes chasing that around a trailer tire.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	244112

    She was pleased.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	244113
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0842.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	244101  

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    They caught some Utah chubs. I do know that. I’m hoping someone stuck a J hook through one of them and sunk it to the bottom of a deep hole.
    i missed the chub part on shuttle
    not sure of his fate
    but i do slay the colorado chubbler my bro kicked down

    good shit kids
    pleasure as always
    sharin piscatorial pursuits
    other than that
    anti bat gear

    worked great
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    anti bat gear

    worked great
    Name:  A3E1CB6E-DD35-4D27-B552-FAB530561B44.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  71.0 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •