Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Just in case the run off doesn't screw things up enough in the Jackson Hole area we are going to start some more bridge work over the Snake outside of Hoback in a few months. Should really impact things just as the run-off slows down. You are welcome.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Jesus man, this whole valley has been a construction zone for the better part of my 30ish yrs here. In the big shitty, some folks don't feel right without a siren wailing in the distance; Here, it's a back-up beeper.

Yeah it sure isn’t the place I grew up in. Oh well it certainly pays my bills.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Planning my west side trips here...do salmonflies happen down in the teton about the same time as on the Hank?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    We had a few wild nights in that place back in the day. Going to college in Laramie and driving to my college girlfriends house in Wilson, we would sometimes get sidetracked into a night of sin in Cora. In the 80's that place was rocking!

Looking forward to fishing with you fools. I am betting the upper Green is going to fish long and well this year! I am always down for a Teton R float or 6. Looking forward to checking out that new Lake ride Schwerty.
    We might grab it in slc this wknd, Teleee.

Dreaming of fishin days. Kid sports and work travel have me out of the game til a bit after you move up.

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    Planning my west side trips here...do salmonflies happen down in the teton about the same time as on the Hank?
    Timing can be finicky, I've sometimes found the water fishable and big bugs out in good numbers a month later. I've had years where the water was never fishable when they were coming off. Should be later though for sure.

Anyone familiar with Montana Fly Company? Sierra trading post is selling some of their patterns for $12.99/dozen. feel like you can't go wrong with pheasant tails and lightning bugs at that price. sparkle minnows for $14.99/dozen. Just don't like buying without looking. fly shopping is men's shoe shopping.

hopefully runoff gets going again with some warmer weather ahead of us. full ice-off soon on Jackson Lake...time to murder some lake trout.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    Anyone familiar with Montana Fly Company? Sierra trading post is selling some of their patterns for $12.99/dozen. feel like you can't go wrong with pheasant tails and lightning bugs at that price. sparkle minnows for $14.99/dozen. Just don't like buying without looking. fly shopping is men's shoe shopping.

hopefully runoff gets going again with some warmer weather ahead of us. full ice-off soon on Jackson Lake...time to murder some lake trout.
    I ordered a bunch of the MFC Galloup streamer patterns from sierra. Quality seems to be quite good. Big articulating bugs for 2-4$ Same flies are being sold in my flyshop for 7 bucks. I found a buddy to split the order with so 3-6 flies each. I like supporting the local shop but 7$ bugs....hard to build a deep box at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    Planning my west side trips here...salmonflies?
    It is on.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    It is on.
    Snapt, schwerty, neckdeep? Im in for some big bug action.

Finally. Back at it, Idaho license and all. Dam to bridge on the SF today, for the first time! Great day, beautiful stretch, watched an osprey nuke a whitefish, caught a rainbow, got to do some rowing. Life's good.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Finally. Back at it, Idaho license and all. Dam to bridge on the SF today, for the first time! Great day, beautiful stretch, watched an osprey nuke a whitefish, caught a rainbow, got to do some rowing. Life's good.
    Dude! You floated right by my casa. Next time give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    It is on.
    Too early! I can’t break fee until 25th or so. Hope to find some big bugs moving in the Henry’s fork still. Thanks fir the heads up.

Snapt, schwerty, neckdeep? Im in for some big bug action.
    I can, (finally), get out this wknd! Let’s go! Tye- I’ll pick you up on the way!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Dude! You floated right by my casa. Next time give me a shout.
    Well shoot! I sure will do that! After peak flows i'll be bringing the FishCat over a fair bit i think. Sure did enjoy rowing that driftboat though...

Floated Bates to Harrop's Tuesday, 5.5 hours. Didn't fish, still rigging the little boat for storage, etc...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Well shoot! I sure will do that! After peak flows i'll be bringing the FishCat over a fair bit i think. Sure did enjoy rowing that driftboat though...

Floated Bates to Harrop's Tuesday, 5.5 hours. Didn't fish, still rigging the little boat for storage, etc...
    No need to drag the fish cat over, there is a perfectly good, well used drift boat sitting in my front yard ready to go at all times!

No need to drag the fish cat over, there is a perfectly good, well used drift boat sitting in my front yard ready to go at all times!
    Dude, I told you to bring the sun with you, not whatever the hell the next 10+ days are forecasted for?!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Dude, I told you to bring the sun with you, not whatever the hell the next 10+ days are forecasted for?!
    No kidding! Things are looking downright dismal for the foreseeable future! Oh well I guess I get to try out all that rain wear I drag around.

Damn! I hadn’t looked at the ten day. Wtf? I’m over the shitty weather. Much rather see it rain in August!

I may be able to Fish Tuesday, workin all weekend, lets be in touch.

Damn I have to run to Salt Lake for work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, do you still have my number?

Still got it! Work Friday/Saturday this week then off for another 4 days. Lets try to fish after that.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Still got it! Work Friday/Saturday this week then off for another 4 days. Lets try to fish after that.
    You got it! Schwerty, Tye and I had a pleasant, dink filled day on the Hank yesterday. I forget how cool that river is.

for those w/o the ability or time to get out onto the hank, I can confirm it's stupid easy to catch lake trout out of Jackson Lake from the shore right now using spin gear. haven't used a spin rod since I was a kid until yesterday and I was amazed how far a $40 uglystik will launch a 3/8 oz spoon.

Wydaho Circle jerk

Lakers should be relatively shallow for quite some time this year on the lake! Longer than most years anyway.

Teleee and Tye - pleasure hanging...as always!