Looking for Colorado weekday backcountry buddies from now (April) til the snow's gone

Hey, I'm a 28 year old ski patroller of 7 years. Avy 2. EMT. Somewhat accomplished mountaineer (So America, Canadian Rockies, Alps, etc)

I'm not working til August and want to fill my week days with trips. I just want to hike up and ski down, with you. Crazy, mellow, anything. Give me a shout!

I’m out everyday in the RFV.

Hey friends, I came here to post the same thread. Let's go shred weekdays!

Whereabouts in CO?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I'm in. I'm a relative newcomer but I want to do some big spring missions and I can keep up. Completely flexible schedule May 13-June 1. We can do a mellow day, if it seems like it'll work out great, if not no worries.

Have my eye on some lines near Salida. Going to be good for vehicle assist with the low snowpack. Can offer the spare bedroom to facilitate early starts. Looks like Indy pass will open May 21. Leave for Yrup the 23rd but would like to car ski that monday.

I'm in this same boat. Limited work for the next few weeks and wanting to take advantage of these great spring conditions. 4 years in the backcountry, 3rd in CO. Taken Avy 1, Avy 1 refresher, Ski Mtneering. Based in Denver, usually hitting front range, RMNP, Mosquito/Tenmile, etc. Down to hit the Sawatch, Gore, etc. Let's rip.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Might end up in Denver for a few days mid-week for skiing during the week of May 28. Uncertain yet, but I'll reach out if it actually happens.

Weekend mission

Hey bro,

Hit me up on getting out. Have the rest of the month off as well as the last two. Love to climb peaks and get up high. Have all the gear and been skiing regularly in the backcountry here in Colorado for 10yrs. Let’s get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk View Post
    Hey, I'm a 28 year old ski patroller of 7 years. Avy 2. EMT. Somewhat accomplished mountaineer (So America, Canadian Rockies, Alps, etc)

I'm not working til August and want to fill my week days with trips. I just want to hike up and ski down, with you. Crazy, mellow, anything. Give me a shout!

Would be down to get out tomorrow.

Going to ski Taylor tomorrow thinking 7am start from Garfield

Sorry forgot to add I'm in denver. Road tripping next week but then I'll be looking for partners for sure! I'll check TGR more frequently then as well

Posted pics of Taylor in Trip Reports

Anyone want to go ski Independence pass when it opens this Thursday?

I’ll be up there sometime this weekend.
    Right now my house is torn apart and full of subs.

In need of CO weekday partners

I just came across this post, is anyone still looking for weekday partners in the CO area?
    I am not working at the moment and need more reliable partners. I have lots of BC exp all across the US as wells Avy1.

Looking forward to getting out!

I'm looking to carpool to Abasin for midweek storm skiing if anyone is interested holla. I love going the opposite way of traffic, but don't have anyone to roll with. Can take my beater or yours.

I will be in CO Feb 18-25 solo and would like to get out. I am from New England so don't know the terrain. Avy 1, pretty fit and experienced skier for 45 year old dude. I will not have a car but can pay for gas and sammiches.
    I don't have any plans during that period but would prefer BC to lift served. side country also good (i have an epic pass)
    My time window starts in Beaver Creek and has to end in Denver.
    hopefully something comes up. PMme

I am working M-Thur. out of Golden for the next few weeks. I would like to meet up with some experienced/knowledgeable partners for backcountry skiing F-Sunday. I am in good shape, have Avy 2, received a 4.0 in the 400 level Snow Accumulation and Dynamics course at Montana State over 10 years ago (for whatever that is worth), and an above average skier.
    Last edited by FringeLife; 03-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Touring Partners

Not sure if this is still active, looking for some touring partners on Tuesdays around Summit County or the Front Range. New to the area, AIARE 1 certified. six oh ate 8 five too 6 2 seven five

Hey i'm new here.

New to BC, looking to gain experience.

Looking for touring partners for any Friday-Sunday. New to BC, but above average snowboarder. I have all the gear, and I’m taking Avy1 in a couple weeks. I’m in decent shape, but burning off some of my quarantine fat still. Live south of Denver, but can meet anywhere. Also looking to get into sled skiing, if anyone is looking for snowmobile partners- plan to buy a sled soon.