Thread: P T Barnum

P T Barnum

anyone seen it ? prolly gonna rent it tonight

Shake the hand that shook the hand of P.T. Barnum and Charlie Chan. Shine your shoes, light your fuse.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

If you like sappy musicals you'll love it. If you don't, well....

It's become a minor obsession for the wife and kid in the last week that I'm praying passes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If you like sappy musicals you'll love it. If you don't, well....

It's become a minor obsession for the wife and kid in the last week that I'm praying passes quickly.
    thanks for the warning.I saw it was a musical adaptation. maybe The Commuter instead
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Wife and I saw it when it came out. Movie was a lot of fun but we were both disappointed in the local cinema's lack of volume. Watch it at home with a good sound system with lots of bass, crank it, and you'll all have a good time.

Is it a critically "good" movie? Perhaps not, but just take it for what it is and it's honestly a good time...if you enjoy light-hearted musicals that is. Cheesy at it is, it reminded me of how talented Hugh Jackman really is. Loved him in the film adaptation of Les Miserables. From action hero to Broadway, really impressive.

Oh, and Zendaya's super hot in there too. Lil girl's all grown up now! Total class act though...even IRL.
    Last edited by AustinFromSA; 04-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.

It's a good movie for sure, and there is no questioning Jackman's talent. The guy crushes everything. No matter how hard I try I just can't even feign interest in musicals.

edit: I would really love to see Book of Mormon one day, but that's not really comparable.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-19-2018 at 11:44 AM.

No matter how hard I try I just can't even feign interest in musicals.
    Nothing wrong with that. They're certainly not for everybody. Musicals, symphonies, operas, ballet, etc. have always been some of my guilty pleasures, so I had fun. Totally wouldn't give any body a hard time for disagreeing though.

PRO TIP FOR SINGLES: Being into all of the above can yield you an absurdly high ratio of success with the ladies, so long as you make it 100% clear you're not gay that is. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    .... Musicals, symphonies, operas, ballet, etc. have always been some of my guilty pleasures ...... .
    Whoa, WHOA, WHOA
    One of these is not like the others. Musicals, operas, and ballet are all guilty pleasures (I mean really - dancing and singing??); Symphonies, now, do not include guilt in their pleasure inducement.

It's a good movie for sure, and there is no questioning Jackman's talent. The guy crushes everything. No matter how hard I try I just can't even feign interest in musicals.

edit: I would really love to see Book of Mormon one day, but that's not really comparable.
    I was late to Greatest Showman. I love this movie. It's free on FX right now. Zac Efron was a revelation in this for me. That man has talent. And Zendaya..

Afa "Book of Mormon", I didn't care for it. There some good music and humor but it's just too offensive to enjoy without squirming. Once was enough.

My grade school age child just discovered this and now the movie and the music are new favorites.

I greatly appreciate that the soundtrack has replaced the insipid pop music (get off my lawn) that used to play constantly through our speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    My grade school age child just discovered this and now the movie and the music are new favorites.

I greatly appreciate that the soundtrack has replaced the insipid pop music (get off my lawn) that used to play constantly through our speakers.
    After listening to the cd I recommend Hamilton soundtrack for school age kids. The music is magnitudes better.

Without the dance Greatest Showman is pretty flat.

So wolverine dances, sings and kills a bunch of circus midgets?

That dood is talented
    watch out for snakes

Fuck off Scotty, you fucking cunt
    crab in my shoe mouth