Avengers Infinity War

This movie event probably warrants its own thread. The culmination of 10 years of Marvel movies. So many characters and story lines converging.

Are you going?

Are you suffering superhero movie fatigue?

Will it break records?

The hype train has been really been getting in gear for this movie. I guess we will see how good it ends up being and if it has legs like Black Panther did.

I'm excited for it and I'm definitely going to go see it even if the reviews are mixed.
    Unfortunately I'm getting eye surgery the day before it hits the theaters so I have to sit out until after the weekend.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I'm not sure if I'll go; considering I didn't see Black Panther or Thor: Ragnorok yet. The last "superhero" movie I saw on the big screen was Logan because I was burned out of the over-the-top 3D cgi action that these films typically bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll go; considering I didn't see Black Panther or Thor: Ragnorok yet. The last "superhero" movie I saw on the big screen was Logan because I was burned out of the over-the-top 3D cgi action that these films typically bring.
    I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but Thor:Ragnorok was a lot of fun. Worth it to rent the video.

The last Avengers movie left me confused on all fronts. I didn't know who half of the people were, or why they were fighting. The comic book folk in the crowd were all stroking their chubbies, so I guess it just isn't for me anymore. At this point I'm only in for Robert Downey Jr. one liners.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I liked it, fun movie even with plot holes, but I expect that given how many supercharged players in the game.

It can stand alone, but barely, you at least need to watch Ragnorok first. That is how they get you in these movies, you gotta be all in. Masterpiece of money making I'll say that, and just good enough to watch the next one.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

I dunno about all this superhero stuff, but Elizabeth Olson was sporting some dynamic cleavage on Kimmel tonight.
    And I have always liked that Cheadle cat.

CH summed it up for me perfectly:

I saw it on Saturday and thought is was a great movie. I liked how they were able balance the super heroes screen time. I will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Thor was great. Stoked for Black Panther. Think I'm gonna break in the $5 Tuesday deal at AMC. I tend to avoid the over hyped movies packed with NERDS.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I liked the movie but hated the ending .

Spoiler alert

Killing off most of my favorite characters turning them to dust like they are orcs at the end of Lord of the Rings left a sour taste in my mouth. And if this is some alternate timeline then that is almost worse. The franchise loses credibility for anything you are watching if what you just spent 2 and a half hours watching something that doesn't count for anything. Typically I loath the inevitable happy ending in modern movies but that was ridiculous .
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Spoiler stuff:

I'm not that concerned about future movies in the marvel universe. There's an ant man movie this year, then captain marvel, which I'm guessing is a origin story, then avengers 4. My guess is that Dr strange gave that stone because that had to happen for the positive future outcome that he saw. The cast listing for avengers 4 in wikipedia includes many of heros that were killed off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

I lost interest in these dumbass cgi superhero movies a long time ago. No real plot carried by ever more unbelievable action sequences did me in.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I lost interest in these dumbass cgi superhero movies a long time ago. No real plot carried by ever more unbelievable action sequences did me in.
    I hear ya. While I wouldn't say I've lost interest per se, for me it's more of the simple fact that Disney/Marvel is churning them out faster than I can bother to keep up with. And then when I DO go on a superhero bender and marathon a few of them, all the overly-CGI'd extreeeeme action sequences just end up being mind numbing and boring after everything seems to get destroyed in every film.

Ultimately the films just kind of blur together for me, with none of them being too memorable. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the first Thor (with Chris Hemsworth), Iron Man, Captain America, etc. But at this point? I've lost track and couldn't tell you ANYTHING about the gazillions of followups. I think they're kind of overdoing it all. Infinity War sounds like just total superhero overload. Don't get me wrong. I'll watch it at SOME point in the future, but only after catching up on the dozens of MCU movies I haven't seen yet...and probably won't for some time.

it might be fun in IMAX with some shrooms but movies are so friggin $$ now, it's stupid. AMC is smart with this $5 tuesdays deal before theaters go the way of the drive in...I loved the drive in
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    it might be fun in IMAX with some shrooms but movies are so friggin $$ now, it's stupid. AMC is smart with this $5 tuesdays deal before theaters go the way of the drive in...I loved the drive in
    Movie Pass seems like a great deal if you're turned off by the cost of movies in the theater. I would definitely get it, but baby sitters cost more money than movie tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    I liked the movie but hated the ending .

Spoiler alert

Killing off most of my favorite characters turning them to dust like they are orcs at the end of Lord of the Rings left a sour taste in my mouth. And if this is some alternate timeline then that is almost worse. The franchise loses credibility for anything you are watching if what you just spent 2 and a half hours watching something that doesn't count for anything. Typically I loath the inevitable happy ending in modern movies but that was ridiculous .
    Once they wiped Spiderman from existence it was pretty clear that there will either alternate realities or time travel in the next Avengers movie. I doubt Sony would have signed up to have their cash cow killed off.