Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Ya, she has Vermont roots. From Colchester I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Speaking of highly unlikely. The common thread is news coverage. If the news seems like it will happen to you next, you might be missing what makes it news.
    actualy I made that stat up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah there's tons of air at 34k feet flying at like 600mph with a hole in your aircraft.

I'm sure wildland firefighters have it totally harder than what this pilot experienced.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah actually lots of wildland firefighters have died or have been severely injured just in fire aviation mishaps (let alone ground operations) because tactical aviation is a major part of wildland fire.
    So, you know....if we're being fucking douchebags about everything on tgr all the time: you don't know shit about it, so shut the fuck up about what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Gonna rant a little here.

Who the fuck cares that the Captain was a female?

When will this gender metric no longer matter, no longer be of note? I've been raised with the belief that we're all equal in ability...

Meanwhile I've watched the USAF PA parade 'all-female flight crews!' like it's something of note, for years. At some point, simply being there and doing your job isn't an accomplishment. Especially if you really are equal like has been screamed for how long now?

It isn't the Captain pumping this up, of course, it's most everybody else.
    It matters because it was only a little over 30 years ago that the Air Force wouldn't accept her into pilot training because of her gender. Luckily for us the Navy did.

Just thirty years, huh? So you're saying a woman can only be a fourth generation military pilot through her male ancestors, then. Well, and her mom. But I guess the first two wouldn't be able to pass along their 'altered by military flight experience DNA' if it landed on the Y chromosome.

Is that what you're saying? Or is the past just a better match for your world view than the present?

I don't think he's saying that at all jono .

Really? Damn. I was so hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yeah actually lots of wildland firefighters have died or have been severely injured just in fire aviation mishaps (let alone ground operations) because tactical aviation is a major part of wildland fire.
    So, you know....if we're being fucking douchebags about everything on tgr all the time: you don't know shit about it, so shut the fuck up about what you don't know.

Chill out bud. It's only the interweb.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.