Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I blame her, should have been paying more attention.

Something similar happened when I worked at Mt. Snow awhile ago. At the end of their pond skimming event some drunk douche tried to jump over the crowd and smashed a lady’s face while she had a camera up to her eye. She was pretty banged up and I assume sued the crap out of mountain.

The d-bag skier was arrested and that was all I heard. But crew who set up the pond skimming event got shit because the crowd barrier was too close to the “pond” and there shouldn’t have been such a big a lip/jump at the end.

Point is, more fault will be found besides the shithead who flipped into the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

for > 30 years PG sandblast went on in spite of some gravel rash or the odd broken leg, started with skis-snow boards-bikes and finally the furniture class

which was its down fall ... the last ever run
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Slush cup will go the way of the old Cardboard Derby. At least no one died this time.

Did they do the Itty Bitty Bikini Contest this year? Didn't hear anything about it.

It's sad to see all the fun events getting watered down or taken away completely in the name of liability and family friendly. But yeah, the guy who jumped into the crowd was a dumbass. Some friends of mine were right there when it happened. They said it was kinda gnarly.

i was the timer on the Right side of that sand blast course and I could see the crown of the hill was pushing riders to the left so I asked that timer on the left if he didnt think it was good idea to move back cuz you can't steer furniture, when that couch hit the girl it blew her top up and she was lying there unconsious & half nekid

at the local hill they had a ski ballet event on the bunny run where nobody was hurt

and the 2 guys on a mono ski with outriggers acing the slush pit, I still haven't been able to post the Vid

While there may be justification for indicting that skier, what happened is ultimately the resort's responsibility. The event, the features, crowd positioning all occurred with their approval, whether explicit, or tacit.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Read the article jong. He told people he was going to launch into the crowd. He didn't just fuck up and accidentally do it. He hit a feature yes -- but he intentionally mis-used the feature and in doing so caused serious injuries to others.

People that blame copper for this instead of the idiot involved are why we can have nice, fun things.

Take a lap.
    Hey big man behind the keyboard - was i talking about his intentions?... no, i wasn't.. so take a hike "brah".

I admit I get a little extra jacked when I hear Bro Hymn as well.

It really doesn't matter what entity is to blame. Lawyers will go after the money, wherever that is. Red Bull and Copper will be top of the damages settlement list. Then their lawyers will go after the putz that A, thought it was a good idea, and B thought the stunt was doable.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

yes follow the money ^^ all these events seem to end up fueled with large quantities of beer !

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    While there may be justification for indicting that skier, what happened is ultimately the resort's responsibility. The event, the features, crowd positioning all occurred with their approval, whether explicit, or tacit.
    So drunk skier tells his buddies "I'm gonna walk into the slopeside restaurant and swing a stool around like a maniac." He does exactly that and clobbers some woman with a stool, breaking her collarbone. Is that also the resort's fault because they put the stool in close proximity to the crowd, allowing some maniac to intentionally use it inappropriately?

If they're different, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    So drunk skier tells his buddies "I'm gonna walk into the slopeside restaurant and swing a stool around like a maniac." He does exactly that and clobbers some woman with a stool, breaking her collarbone. Is that also the resort's fault because they put the stool in close proximity to the crowd, allowing some maniac to intentionally use it inappropriately?

do urself a favor lay off the pipe man

They're different because the intended use and clear purpose of the stool has nothing to do with stunts and obviously dangerous activities. Ski jumps need to be held at a much higher level of regulation in their deployment and use options. The stool provides a lot of other utility value in the day to day operations and is practically never used in a dangerous manner. The same argument applies for allowing cars in a heavily populated public area versus allowing AR15s in a heavily populated area. And that said, the cars are already pretty heavily regulated, big penalties for operating drunk for example..

That wasn't a pond skim. That was a terrain park with puddles...sad.

Is this the course that college students designed? I thought there was a contest to design this pond skim, and whomever won is probably a bit annoyed with Hayden right now.

A better analogy would be that the resort knowingly allowed wobbly stools in the place- i.e., a disaster waiting to happen, especially later in the day with all the tired, sore-legged gapers looking to chill.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Slush cup will go the way of the old Cardboard Derby. At least no one died this time.

Did they do the Itty Bitty Bikini Contest this year? Didn't hear anything about it.

It's sad to see all the fun events getting watered down or taken away completely in the name of liability and family friendly. But yeah, the guy who jumped into the crowd was a dumbass. Some friends of mine were right there when it happened. They said it was kinda gnarly.
    copper has a way fucking things up
    a basin gave up on the cardboard derby because it was turning into such a shit show, so copper took it over and it went bad fast, like real bad

It seems that every mountain town festivity or event gets out of control some how, usually some dumb ass fucks it up for everyone and then it gets cancelled
    like bon-fires they used to be fun but some drunk fuck walks into it thinking he's invicible or some other ass wipe starts throwing sticks around that are on fire.....

it's always some retarted kid whose parents never let them do anything growing up, that can't control himself once he gets away from mommy an daddy

as far as the bikini contest, who wants to see that shit, a couple guys in drag? a couple fat chicks? a token one or two hot chicks?

Stools are made for??? Sitting. Jumps are made for???? You get the point.

A better analogy would be that the resort knowingly allowed wobbly stools in the place- i.e., a disaster waiting to happen, especially later in the day with all the tired, sore-legged gapers looking to chill.
    That ignores the fact that Idiot told people he was going to jump over the crowd and then proceeded to try and jump over the crowd. It wasn't an accident.

Though I agree that the purpose argument is a meaningful distinction.

Even better would be resort holds a chair throwing contest and some idiot chucks the stool in to the crowd. The resort is sanctioning potentially dangerous behavior.

Better question is if someone tells you they are going to do something way more dangerous than the resort expects is it your obligation to report the threat? Did the resort or Red Bull do something that made the execution of that threat more possible? Just having barstools in the bar falls short of that. Encouraging risky behavior with them doesn't.

So? I would counter that the resort should have been aware that that could happen. As others have commented, people have a way of fucking up a good thing. Having the crowd so close to those features augmented the risk to the spectators, whether by accident or a competitor going full Mongoloid.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Criminal case: Dude gets felony assault.
    Civil case: Copper gets sued by the injured spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Why is OP hating on Pit Vipers arguably the most functional and superior sunglasses for mtn activities

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

sage
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Freestyle terrain is categorized as an inherent risk of skiing. Tough to sue a Colorado ski resort for anything involving jumps or terrain features and win thanks to the Colorado Ski Safety Act.
    The woman who was hurt was not skiing or riding. She was a spectator at an event. I doubt the Colorado Ski Safety Act would apply.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    sage
    Best bang for the buck outdoors glasses ive used. Polarized, refuse to fog, super good coverage, refuse fall off your face with the wrap arms, crazy durable frame, and tons of adjustments. They will make you look ridiculous, but thats not necessarily a bad thing haha. And when you get a closeout pair, they are $60.