Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    for fuck's sake.

1) If numbnuts didn't attempt retarded air-into-crowd everybody would be OK.
    2) If Copper didn't set shit up so numbnuts could attempt retarded air-into-crowd everyone would be OK.

Both are true. Anyone arguing 1 is correct. Anyone arguing 2 is also correct. They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    for fuck's sake.

2) If Copper didn't set shit up so numbnuts could attempt retarded air-into-crowd everyone would be OK.

Both are true. Anyone arguing 1 is correct. Anyone arguing 2 is also correct. They're not mutually exclusive.
    Agreed. Also, "FeloniusPondSkimmer" would be a great frikkin' online ski forum handle!

Old School Vuarnet is the best ski mountain eye gear.. And, I've tried a few others..

Real glass is still the best. Just don't faceplant on your pole grip..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Why is OP hating on Pit Vipers arguably the most functional and superior sunglasses for mtn activities

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Listen Leroy, Pit Vipers are a mans game. Often times you’ll see boys playing dress up, but it’s always a sad sort of impression.

They’re kind of like The One Ring. Their power will corrupt weak minds into writing send checks their pitiful GNAR point deficient asses could never hope to cash. If I let the average Jerry try on my 1993 mirror polarized sex panthers, they’d be dead in hours. You’ve got to Vipe responsibly.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by infamouslyjones View Post
    The resort is to blame just as much, if not more than the kid who jumped.

They put that jump there - he didn't just hit some side feature or lip and go into the crowd - he hit a pre designed and pre planned jump.

More so is the fact that he hit it at a low speed due to getting compressed and bucked - and hit the crowd. Was copper hoping people were going to hit it correct and go over the crowd? it doesn't make sense... if someone can get bucked and hit the crowd why is the jump even there in the first place. Copper needs to step up for their part in all of this.

You’re why we can’t have nice things. What’s it like being dead inside?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    A la rog-esque collection

Thanks. That photo's about 4 years old, lost a couple, found a couple since then. Variety is nice.

Why do people keep making other excuses for the carnage?? Fool said he was going rogue over the crowd instead of to the DESIGNATED LZ. Fool took a HARD RIGHT when approaching the feature aiming for the crowd area instead of the LZ. Makes no difference what else may or may not have gone wrong. This was 90% the flake trying something stupid and 10% the promoters not fully idiot proofing the venue.

I suppose that going forward these events have to totally quarantine the spectators from the unimaginable. At this one say a competitor hooks an edge at the last minute and shoots off the side of the jump due to that?? Result could have been the same..

I am still trying to figure out what the community feels is appropriate penalty should be for a guy who has a complete disregard for others?

Hey ma watch this, is something I can relate to, but not when you endanger others without their consent. Think how much worse it could have been.

I think he deserves a bit of jail time on a misdemeanor charge, to set an example for others.

Not a felony action.

We go there and.we will start seeing felony charges for skiing to fast in the slow zone,
    Last edited by MTT; 04-20-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Felonious pond skimmer goes huge to chick’s face

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    For real, his face is so punchable. I would have gone apeshit if hit me.
    QFT. And that mullet. Holy fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5993.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	232897

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    QFT. And that mullet. Holy fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5993.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	232897

Seriously punchable. Well into “somebody hold this fucker down so we can all have a turn punching his face” territory.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    You’re why we can’t have nice things. What’s it like being dead inside?
    You're the reason why your parents couldn't fulfill their dreams.

Copper needs to up their bloody game. Lemon and lime for your garnish? Weak!
    I expect a wide range of hors d'euorvers toppers for the 18/19 season.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Copper needs to up their bloody game. Lemon and line for your garnish? Weak!
    I expect a wide range of hors d'euorvers toppers for the 18/19 season.
    Cocktail shrimp would be much better

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Old School Vuarnet is the best ski mountain eye gear.. And, I've tried a few others..
    Original Suncloud SCR rose. Thankfully i have enough stocked for a lifetime. I agree 100% on the real glass.

I hope his gopro captured his discussion of his plan as well as its execution.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Original Suncloud SCR rose. Thankfully i have enough stocked for a lifetime. I agree 100% on the real glass.
    I have some Sunclouds. Mine are amber though.. Good flat light lens..

Listening to a radio show on the power of advertising, they said sales of Rayban aviators went up after Top Gun same with Wayfarers when Don Henly released " The boys of summer "

maybe this could be Pit Vipers big break ?

I have to admit I tried on Wayfarers as a result of that song
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Listening to a radio show on the power of advertising, they said sales of Rayban aviators went up after Top Gun same with Wayfarers when Don Henly released " The boys of summer "

maybe this could be Pit Vipers big break ?

I have to admit I tried on Wayfarers as a result of that song
    The movie Risky Business was big for Ray Ban as well.. Sold a lot of Wayfarers after that one too..

AND they are a really good product made in italy not china no breaky

they fit AZN face well so I got like 5 pair on my extended HC plan

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Seems a bit sketchy to have glass .5cm from my eyballs when doing activities that have cause be to faceplant numerous times over the years. Ya'll like to live dangerously haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    for fuck's sake.

Spot on ill advised one. So, at the risk of drawing the ire of my fellow mags (actually whatever, bite me...I don't fucking care) I was in a similar position a long long time ago...

So it was at Sunshine Village back in (if memory serves, and it doesn't) say 1990, perhaps '91. It was the last day of the year, end of May perhaps even beginning of June. After meeting and skiing most of the day with some hot little Spanish girl who was living at Tahoe, I randomly met the dude who bar-tended at the volleyball club I was regularly playing at. Turns out dude was a pretty damn good skier.

In an effort to impress the girl, and have some fun with my bartender buddy, we decided to go in the slush cup. Now at the time I was skiing on 215 DH boards (tuned/waxed to perfection) and buddy was a big guy (probably 6'6" and 200lbs). I figured if we held hands on the way down we'd generate a lot of speed. Our schtick would be "2 guys secure in their sexuality" and of course we'd strip down to underwear to please the crowd (and impress the hot Spanish lass). Coming off the kicker we'd separate and do mule kicks, both turning to the outside (for the fans of course).

Given the amount of velocity we'd generate, I knew we'd jump right over most of the water and at very least, hydroplane the last little bit and ski out, keeping entirely dry in the process. In fact I told the starter guy when we were about 3 or 4 people from starting - "we will not be getting wet, we're going to ski out of this thing so please before we go have the people that were watching at the end of the pond, in our firing line, MOVE".

"Yeah right" he says, "no one's making it to the end, you'll end up in the drink like everyone else". I know this isn't true, we're definitely not getting wet and I plead with the guy when we're on deck and again when we're in the gate. "Dude, please have the people at the end of the pit move - we're going to hit them."

Well he didn't and we went. Pulled it off flawlessly with the dueling mule kicks happening and sure as shit, we hydroplane the last 20 ft hit the end of pond, suck up the snow bank and bowling pin about 10 spectators. Granted we were going fairly slow at the end and no one was remotely hurt, it was more a big happy lovefest.... but

So anyway, I did eventually convince the Spanish girl to visit Calgary (was living there at the time) and stay at my place, and eventually got an invite to her place in Tahoe, where realtor Chuck introduced me to rock climbing (a multipitch trad 5-10 something route)....

So anyway, mullet boy was an idiot but...
    End rant
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

And they made it across the pit inspite of a low takeoff

hey Gary that's Jay's kid with the selfie stick
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I now heart you even more!
    What? The trip to visit the hot bonita ends with getting top roped by a dude who sells time shares?

I’m beyond disappointed.

There was a time when this wouldn't have ever even made the news. We need to bring that time back...

^^^^^

Gay love is still love.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear