Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Uh, he told multiple people he was going to jump the crowd.
    Eh, ive been around a few drunk boasts/lies in my time. Maybe he did try to deliver, maybe he just got bucked. There has to be another camera angle out there, right? Cause from that angle is just looks like he did the old compression to backseat carve thing... but maybe he was already headed in that direction? I like to play devils advocate until a preponderance of evidence is presented haha.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Eh, ive been around a few drunk boasts/lies in my time. Maybe he did try to deliver, maybe he just got bucked. There has to be another camera angle out there, right? Cause from that angle is just looks like he did the old compression to backseat carve thing... but maybe he was already headed in that direction? I like to play devils advocate until a preponderance of evidence is presented haha.
    Preponderance = >50%. What about "he said he was going to do a thing and then did the thing" makes you question whether that was his intent?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Preponderance = >50%. What about "he said he was going to do a thing and then did the thing" makes you question whether that was his intent?
    On the whale tail, he overshoots the first transition, compresses to his tails, then looks as though he does the classic accidental back seat carve off to the side. Could just be the angle though. To me, it doesnt really look like he was trying to jump the crowd and just came up short.

I like to play devils advocate until a preponderance of evidence is presented haha.
    hahaha it's annoying as fuck to do that and a waste of everyone's time.

From the video, it doesn't look like you'd be able to get enough speed to jump over a crowd 6-people deep + clear the fence gap.

The angle of that video isn't ideal though. There's got to be more angles out there than the one in the aspen times article.

F copper mountain
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Looks like he may have been a little compressed and backseat on the second take off....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I like to play devils advocate

Seems odd they would have jumps set up so a bad one could reach the crowd. I feel a law suit coming on.

Felonious pond skimmer goes huge to chick’s face

#jerryoftheyear

I think this is a video of the whole event:

crash at 6:26

There is also a snowboarder that gets close to the crowd around 12:30

TGR article: https://www.tetongravity.com/story/n...felony-charges

The event looks fun as hell. Better than Vail's "world championship" for sure. Hopefully it gets to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    The event looks fun as hell. Better than Vail's "world championship" for sure. Hopefully it gets to stay that way.
    The douche was at Vail's pond skimming the next day bragging about his crowd jumping the day before.

Why is OP hating on Pit Vipers arguably the most functional and superior sunglasses for mtn activities

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I think this is a video of the whole event:

crash at 6:26

There is also a snowboarder that gets close to the crowd around 12:30

TGR article: https://www.tetongravity.com/story/n...felony-charges

Better angle. He was clearly trying to backflip over the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Someone actually recorded 21+ minutes of that shit?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Someone actually recorded 21+ minutes of that shit?

Someone actually watched 21+ minutes of that shit

Did you really?

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Seems odd they would have jumps set up so a bad one could reach the crowd. I feel a law suit coming on.
    Freestyle terrain is categorized as an inherent risk of skiing. Tough to sue a Colorado ski resort for anything involving jumps or terrain features and win thanks to the Colorado Ski Safety Act.

The resort is to blame just as much, if not more than the kid who jumped.

They put that jump there - he didn't just hit some side feature or lip and go into the crowd - he hit a pre designed and pre planned jump.

More so is the fact that he hit it at a low speed due to getting compressed and bucked - and hit the crowd. Was copper hoping people were going to hit it correct and go over the crowd? it doesn't make sense... if someone can get bucked and hit the crowd why is the jump even there in the first place. Copper needs to step up for their part in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by infamouslyjones View Post

They put that jump there - he didn't just hit some side feature or lip and go into the crowd - he hit a pre designed and pre planned jump.

More so is the fact that he hit it at a low speed due to getting compressed and bucked - and hit the crowd. Was copper hoping people were going to hit it correct and go over the crowd? it doesn't make sense... if someone can get bucked and hit the crowd why is the jump even there in the first place. Copper needs to step up for their part in all of this.
    Read the article jong. He told people he was going to launch into the crowd. He didn't just fuck up and accidentally do it. He hit a feature yes -- but he intentionally mis-used the feature and in doing so caused serious injuries to others.

People that blame copper for this instead of the idiot involved are why we can have nice, fun things.

Take a lap.

This is all on him, not Copper.

Quote Originally Posted by infamouslyjones View Post
    No. No they are not.

Go chase another ambulance.

Key question - How many points does slope soakers reward for "Backflip over the crowd"?
    Jerry might have been going for the gold.

Looks like he had too much heat coming into the jump, not too little speed, and compressed into the take off ramp which put him in the backseat.

The Tom Jungst wannabee clearly doesn't know how to ski ramps and booters. Dumbass should be in Summit County jail, better open up his checkbook and pay for those he injured.